Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 09:33 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I had to look up the story, too! The link took me to an old Turkey day report.

Seeing how the .223 round is not the best for going through walls, I was thinking it was something else as well. Now what, well who knows.

As far as whether or not a peeper, if that is what he was, is that serious of a threat, we-ll, peeping is a sex crime and on the continuum of sex offenses, while they are on the low part of the bar with obscene phone calls (and rape-murder is at the other end), they are still in that world.

FURTHER, I suppose we read the articles and see that world from what we know. In the two part article Hazelwood and Warren did in the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin in the late 80s, https://leb.fbi.gov/file-repository/...nuary-1989.pdf
in Case 3, that serial rapist was a peeper as part of his reconnaissance before the strike.

We can't instantly dismiss what he was doing there as "harmless".

I called the creeps actions "peeping and perving" earlier and yes indeed that is a sex crime and more than likely a lead up to something worse. I certainly do NOT see it as "harmless" action. Trying to imagine what sort of swill is going through some creeps mind as they commit such an act does throw a bit of a pall on that "harmless" bit.

I believe there is a passage in the Bible, (New Testament) wherein Jesus says something about having so sinned in the mind is as equally bad as having actually carried said sin out. Now I don't bring that up speaking from a standpoint of a pulpit to be clear. It's just pertinent here as the thoughts that go through these vermins minds are quite dangerous and more often than not lead to carrying these thoughts out.

No "peeping and perving" is not a harmless act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 09:42 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I called the creeps actions "peeping and perving" earlier and yes indeed that is a sex crime and more than likely a lead up to something worse. I certainly do NOT see it as "harmless" action. Trying to imagine what sort of swill is going through some creeps mind as they commit such an act does throw a bit of a pall on that "harmless" bit.

I believe there is a passage in the Bible, (New Testament) wherein Jesus says something about having so sinned in the mind is as equally bad as having actually carried said sin out. Now I don't bring that up speaking from a standpoint of a pulpit to be clear. It's just pertinent here as the thoughts that go through these vermins minds are quite dangerous and more often than not lead to carrying these thoughts out.

No "peeping and perving" is not a harmless act.
As far as the Bible goes......how Jimmy Carter and Patti McGuire of you! That is, that is rather what he said in his Playboy Interview before he was President and that was the PMOY '77's Playmate Issue where she was on the cover.

As far as the rest of it, I know what my training tells me.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:16 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Your post is dishonest and no one should take it seriously. Not one person thinks she needs to wait for him to break in and rape/kill her.

It never occurred to you she could have shouted that she has a gun and for him to leave?
I believe in stopping danger before it manifests. I don't care if anyone does take my response seriously, let alone being dishonest. Again, peeping toms never case a place without bad intention.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:13 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
As far as the Bible goes......how Jimmy Carter and Patti McGuire of you! That is, that is rather what he said in his Playboy Interview before he was President and that was the PMOY '77's Playmate Issue where she was on the cover.

As far as the rest of it, I know what my training tells me.
Then later, after meeting at the Playboy Mansion, wife of former world #1 tennis player Jimmy Connors, and they’ve now been married for 42 years.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:31 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times
Quote:
Perhaps the desire to control people, to remove their feeling of safety in places where they believe they would feel safe. What gets one's off isn't always purely sexual.
None of the victims filmed by the hidden cameras would have ever known that they had ever been filmed in a public bathroom. Fact the only ones who find out are the ones that were filmed by those who get caught, when the authorities view the video and then reach out to the victims.

So they aren't doing this for the desire to control people, remove their feeling of safety in places where they may believe they are feeling save. They are doing it for self gratification and a few may attempt to make money from it by selling the videos to others. Your assessment is bogus.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:43 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
None of the victims filmed by the hidden cameras would have ever known that they had ever been filmed in a public bathroom. Fact the only ones who find out are the ones that were filmed by those who get caught, when the authorities view the video and then reach out to the victims.

So they aren't doing this for the desire to control people, remove their feeling of safety in places where they may believe they are feeling save. Your assessment is bogus.
The taker of the picture believes that they have control. Maybe it is better for them if the victim knows it as well or maybe it doesn't matter but the actor believes it themselves. They believe it.

It's like the villain in the sci fi flick "Solar Crisis". He believes the mission to the Sun to stop the solar flare is a hoax and will hurt the profits he is making off the drought. Now, to a reasonable person (and hence, a declared failure of the plot), that doesn't make sense. If the mission is real and he sabotages it, he fries with the rest of the planet but if it is a hoax, if he doesn't do anything, his profits are okay.....

.......but this is all immaterial because HE BELIEVES IT IS A THREAT TO HIM, he has the means to put his belief into action, and he does so.

Or let's take a situation in reality. Supposedy, LBJ said to Ho Chi Minh "Look, if you stop this nonsense, I will take all this money I am using to try to kill you and use it to improve your country instead." (LBJ being the politician was trying to bribe him). Ho Chi Minh wasn't interested in that, he wanted a unified Vietnam, and turned down LBJ.

When one is dealing with such people, such as in reality, one must appreciate they are acting on what they believe.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:49 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Castle doctrine is about your life being threatened.
Not true. You can also protect property.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:52 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
I believe in stopping danger before it manifests. I don't care if anyone does take my response seriously, let alone being dishonest. Again, peeping toms never case a place without bad intention.
You believe in murder when no ones life is threatened. You sound like the Taliban.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:55 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
You believe in murder when no ones life is threatened. You sound like the Taliban.
All she must do is believe she is in danger.

Old 09-14-2021, 12:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Not true. You can also protect property.
It's about protecting your life. Not retreating and using self defense.
You can legally take anothers life while protecting property but that is not what the Castle Doctrine is about. Protecting property may turn into protecting your life though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies