Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 12:01 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Based only on what has been reported thus far, it sounds like an overreaction to me.

Neither she or the alleged peeper have been identified.

We DK if he attempted to break in or if she had experienced a succession of peeping incidents or knew the peeper or anything else.

It, like most crimes, remain a local matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
If the creep was not within the four walls of her home or in the process of breaking in she could be in trouble.
Although this happened in Texas (and I'm also in Texas), I do believe the woman could be in trouble with this one.

First of all, this "peeping tom" had not gained entry into her living quarters. Even in Texas, shooting someone who is outside your home is not a clear-cut application of the "Castle Doctrine". Second, was this person outside her window armed with a deadly weapon? If not, that's another potential "gothcha" for the woman.

Based on the facts that have been presented, I figure this case is going to be referred to the local DA, to determine if the woman should face criminal charges. If the man had gained entry into her living quarters, and especially if he was armed, the women should almost certainly have been in the clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 12:11 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Once again for those who don't read through threads, or have common sense: the only proof that I require is that he was on her property uninvited, looking though her windows. The proof would be that she got raped, with is not acceptable. She get the benefit of the doubt in any decent person's book.

You have been conditioned to go against the victims in these things, but the very final word is, don't come on my property looking though windows, or you will not make it off my property alive.

You have been warned.
Um, you don't know anything about it yet. Maybe he was trying to get his dog back in his yard.

You have been conditioned to be led by a lynch mob.

Old 09-12-2021, 12:19 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Why does anyone believe he was a peeping Tom?

Is it because the article said, "alleged peeping Tom"?.
That is what those easily led go on. They just hear a buzz world and BOOM lynch mob! PEEPING TOM!!!! Glad he is shot dead. This is a conditioned response from people too lazy to look into anything and they are blinded by their agendas. Odd. Very few leaders on this thread.

For all we know there is one heck of a lot more to the story. Maybe it was a neighbor trying to retrieve his dog. Sure, probably not, but what if it is?

I am glad I don't live in an area where someone would shoot you if you step foot on their property. Heck neighbor kids around here cut through yards still and retrieve a ball if they lose it from playing. I would hate to live in such an unfriendly area. Texas doesn't seem very friendly, but man they do have great food!

Old 09-12-2021, 12:25 PM

23,850 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I own 2 Rugers: a 9 mm and a .22 rifle. Of course there are other ways to use it, not just shooting to kill. You can use a gun as a threat. Shoot the assailant in the foot, in the arm, shoot near them, not at their body, etc. .
If you pull the trigger, you are exercising deadly force.

"Shoot the assailant in the foot, in the arm..."

I don't know what state you're in, but you need to check the laws there on what constitutes deadly force, and what doesn't. You're very confused. You're also very confused about how to use a gun in a defensive situation.

Take a gun safety class. Please. A concealed carry class wouldn't hurt, either, even if you never plan on carrying. The information you'll learn is knowledge you need as a gun owner, but don't seem to currently have.

Old 09-12-2021, 12:32 PM

23,850 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I would hate to live in such an unfriendly area. Texas doesn't seem very friendly, but man they do have great food!
The word "Texas" literally means "friends."

Friendship or friendliness has nothing to do with protecting oneself.

Old 09-12-2021, 12:33 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
In many states the law is ambiguous. Here in Missouri it is plain. You may use deadly force to protect yourself, your family, your property, your neighbor, their family, their property if YOU deem it necessary. And you cannot be sued.

Old 09-12-2021, 12:59 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
That is what those easily led go on. They just hear a buzz world and BOOM lynch mob! PEEPING TOM!!!! Glad he is shot dead. This is a conditioned response from people too lazy to look into anything and they are blinded by their agendas. Odd. Very few leaders on this thread.

For all we know there is one heck of a lot more to the story. Maybe it was a neighbor trying to retrieve his dog. Sure, probably not, but what if it is?

I am glad I don't live in an area where someone would shoot you if you step foot on their property. Heck neighbor kids around here cut through yards still and retrieve a ball if they lose it from playing. I would hate to live in such an unfriendly area. Texas doesn't seem very friendly, but man they do have great food!
It is friendly and most people would never shoot first and ask questions later. I’m not sure where this happened but I heard the anchor say north side and the house seems to be in a working class neighborhood. The north side is not the best area of town. She probably had very good reason to suspect a man looking at her through the window inside her fenced-in yard had nefarious intent.

Old 09-12-2021, 01:03 PM

8,049 posts, read 12,761,708 times
Something doesn't pass my B.S. meter. Do you mean to tell me the peeper just sat there while she grabbed a rifle, aimed it, and fired? Wouldn't most peepers run off the moment they were noticed by the victim?

Old 09-12-2021, 01:03 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Probably some poor sap that was walking their dog, but damn people sure like to form a Lynch mob and fast! No one every waits for any evidence at all.

Strange times.
Been awhile, but I don't recall walking my dog had a requirement to look into too many windows.

Old 09-12-2021, 01:04 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
He may have been in the final moment of passion with himself.
Not a good idea to do it while peeping into someones window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies