Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 08:51 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,215,370 times

Advertisements

Some of these young people just want attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Really? What about the First Amendment rights of a white person who says something racially offensive? As Mimi Groves found out, there is very much a double-standard at work:

https://www.yahoo.com/now/vindictive...113026876.html

McAdoo is mixed, likely with white. If so, is she not white too?

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 09-13-2021 at 09:01 AM..

Old 09-13-2021, 08:59 AM

78,930 posts, read 61,113,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
KU alumni should let their wallets speak for them.
Probably won't cause much damage really.

There is a certain amount of peace to be kept in maintaining one of the truly important parts of KU.

College basketball.

Old 09-13-2021, 08:59 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,325,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1) You're confusing the right to say something with escaping any repercussions for doing so.

2) Someone says I hate black people, they're gone from that campus.

Don't play dumb, nobody is buying that getting a pass for offensive speech is diversity neutral.
the repercussions to her should be the same.

I didn't say the repercussions WERE being done equally. I said they're SUPPOSED to be done equally.

in her case, it's not expelling her or any such nonsense. She was elected, for some odd reason (looks like she played some political hardball against 1 opponent at least), and so the electorate should decide whether she remains.

She didn't break a law.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
remember this one? not even falling asleep is protected under the first amendment if it results in leftists being offended.

New York Professor Faces Latest Termination Petition for Allegedly Falling Asleep During Anti-Racism Meeting
So you can fall asleep in meetings at your job and not face discipline?

Old 09-13-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
the repercussions to her should be the same.

I didn't say the repercussions WERE being done equally. I said they're SUPPOSED to be done equally.

in her case, it's not expelling her or any such nonsense. She was elected, for some odd reason (looks like she played some political hardball against 1 opponent at least), and so the electorate should decide whether she remains.

She didn't break a law.
Her role in the meaningless student body is frankly moot and breaking a law has nothing really to do with it.

I think that she should get some counseling to deal with how her own problems are manifesting as hate.

For now you can tell she's been bouncing around the walls of the echo chamber of academia enjoying the immunity of her magical shield of race and gender....all the while poisoning herself.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
If I fell asleep at a meeting, my employer would ask about my health etc. and not draw a conclusion that I hate ABC corporation or black people etc.

Rebranding dozing off as "racist" in order to push for dismissal is the core point here.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:08 AM

53,168 posts, read 34,963,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
i wouldn't face 'hate crime' allegations or threats of firing, no

i guess no one will accuse her of being 'woke', at least.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:12 AM

4,475 posts, read 3,325,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Is the purpose of the thread to encourage mask wearing?
Dieting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
But expulsion would be a violation of the 1st Amendment. She is permitted to say what she wants as part of her free speech rights, and as KU is a government entity, they cannot penalize people for exercising 1st Amendment rights. I hope you support her constitutional rights.
Where have you been the 30-40 years? There is NO FREE SPEECH on college campuses. Try and use the "N" word and see how long before you are expelled. Wear a t-shirt that says "gay sex is a sin" and see how long before you are expelled. Both of these have actually happened

Yes, she should be expelled immediately for for her call to violence, which is what the phrase, "Death to America" is.

Old 09-13-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
i wouldn't face hate crime charges or threats of firing, no
Termination might be appropriate if there have been previous issues. There is nothing abnormal about that. I disagree with hate crime charges though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies