Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 10:28 AM

164 posts, read 53,949 times

Advertisements

Full disclosure: I'm vaccinated and so are most of the people I know (though not all). Several who are vaxxed don't know if they'll get the booster (or start taking the two pills per day as is being discussed).

What happens to the vaxxed people of today who don't receive their scheduled booster? Do they fall back into the unvaxxed category?

I have two observations: unless truly (and illegally) mandated, almost every American who wants the vaccine has already taken it... that number won't significantly increase. My second thought is, given how this administration has politicized the virus/vaccine (e.g. Biden implying the vaxxed are angry with the unvaxxed... what a incredibly divisive comment for a U.S. president to make), I suspect many who took the jab in the spring may decide they've had enough.

To me, all this points to the number who are vaxxed with "up-to-date" boosters will begin to decline. Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 10:34 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestOldboy View Post
What happens to the vaxxed people of today who don't receive their scheduled booster? Do they fall back into the unvaxxed category?
As far as your body goes, if you got the jabs, your body will remember and can produce antibodies. So far if we only get as strong as Delta any vaccinated person should be good to go as far as I have read. Sure there are always this oddball case, but lightning strikes aren't really on my radar. I am looking at real trends. As far as the government goes, I am not sure how it will play out. I don't think they know yet.

We have to remember this is a WORLD event. All countries are feeling the pain. Sweden stayed open and they have as many or more deaths than anyone per capita. I don't know if there is a right answer here.

I believe in freedoms, but we should be looking at this closely. If we get a real strong variant, people might change their view and fast.

Good luck. I was late getting vaccinated, because I didn't trust it at first, but I also had to travel for my job for a while and couldn't get the shot as I was in a bunch of different states. I finally got my shots and am happy I did at this time. I don't judge others for what they do. It is up to them.

Old 09-12-2021, 10:35 AM

19,607 posts, read 12,206,783 times
The idea is to slowly force it on everyone or take away their freedoms and rights. Today it is government and businesses with over 100 employees, then it is something else and the boosters will be just as mandatory as the primary shots. Well not really mandatory but if you want to live work and be part of society well you're gonna have to get the shots, however many shots Science designates. But you still have a "choice".

Old 09-12-2021, 10:39 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
What was that about the 2 pills? Pills for what?

Old 09-12-2021, 10:39 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The idea is to slowly force it on everyone or take away their freedoms and rights. Today it is government and businesses with over 100 employees, then it is something else and the boosters will be just as mandatory as the primary shots. Well not really mandatory but if you want to live work and be part of society well you're gonna have to get the shots, however many shots Science designates. But you still have a "choice".
No it is the case because we have too many Americans that didn't even chose to get a single dose. Whether it is full on antivax or antiCOVIDvax or just some with medical issues. The problem is we saw a lot of people not wearing masks whether CDC guidance said they should or not and then we wonder why we have so many cases?

Old 09-12-2021, 10:40 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times
If it's any indication of our future, Israel will be requiring boosters for a vax passport.

People who do not receive a coronavirus booster shot will eventually be denied a so-called green passport, which allows entry into various venues, Health Minister Nitzan Horowitz said on Tuesday.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/...ter-1.10147312

You bring up a good subject. Many of the vaxed I know will not take boosters. They are done. For that reason it is imperative that the public be aware of what they are signing on to and fight these unprecedented federal mandates.

Old 09-12-2021, 10:42 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
Quote:
Full disclosure: I'm vaccinated and so are most of the people I know (though not all). Several who are vaxxed don't know if they'll get the booster (or start taking the two pills per day as is being discussed).

I have two observations: unless truly (and illegally) mandated, almost every American who wants the vaccine has already taken it... that number won't significantly increase. My second thought is, given how this administration has politicized the virus/vaccine (e.g. Biden implying the vaxxed are angry with the unvaxxed... what a incredibly divisive comment for a U.S. president to make), I suspect many who took the jab in the spring may decide they've had enough.

To me, all this points to the number who are vaxxed with "up-to-date" boosters will begin to decline. Your thoughts?
Everyone who experienced bad long-lasting side effects from a covid vaccine might be afraid to get any more. I suspect that is a very large number, but there is no way to find out since these are mostly not reported by medical providers.

This is one example of forums and comments sections I have read where people report side effects. Most of them claim to have been pro-vaxxers.

https://www.medscape.com/sites/publi...adverse-events

All those who had minimal side effects, or who are very afraid of covid, will probably get as many vaccines as are recommended or required.

I would definitely rather get covid than go through the side effects again. Months of misery is worse than a week or so of flu symptoms.

Old 09-12-2021, 10:47 AM

43,055 posts, read 18,223,725 times
We have to come up with a new name.

The "unboostered"

Old 09-12-2021, 10:49 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I believe in freedoms, but we should be looking at this closely. If we get a real strong variant, people might change their view and fast.
This is why they will win.

There's no "but" to add after you state, "I believe in freedom." Not if you mean it. That "but" indicates that you don't understand what freedom is, and are instead leaning into collectivism.

Old 09-12-2021, 10:50 AM

4,935 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
I suspect many who took the jab in the spring may decide they've had enough.

I had enough when only after getting jabbed did I find out:
A. It didn't protect others from my transmission, which was why I got it to begin with.
B. I still have to wear a mask anyways, which I now refuse to wear unless I'm in a medical facility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies