Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 04:49 AM

947 posts, read 297,958 times

Advertisements

If organizations, from the U.S. military to Fortune 100 companies, prioritize skin color over qualifications, then that's another way to see that the country is led not by those who are the best in their field, but among POC who are best in their field. That means....IN MOST CASES WE ARE NOT GETTING THE BEST.

Our V.P. is the most obvious example of this. Look who we will be stuck with once Biden resigns or is forced out due to his increasing incompetence - and the horrible consequence to the country. She NEVER would have been given a second thought if she were white. (Or male.)

Old 09-13-2021, 04:54 AM

25,853 posts, read 16,552,727 times
Equity is a simple minded myth.
And these leftists claim my Christianity is a myth.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:55 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,893,612 times
Prioritize raising your children.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:55 AM

19,259 posts, read 17,124,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
If organizations, from the U.S. military to Fortune 100 companies, prioritize skin color over qualifications, then that's another way to see that the country is led not by those who are the best in their field, but among POC who are best in their field. That means....IN MOST CASES WE ARE NOT GETTING THE BEST.

Our V.P. is the most obvious example of this. Look who we will be stuck with once Biden resigns or is forced out due to his increasing incompetence - and the horrible consequence to the country. She NEVER would have been given a second thought if she were white. (Or male.)
Show me a VP that is given a second thought, the last one came across like a plastic mannequin. Why is it assumed that a white male has always been the best choice, of course that's what almost always has been chosen. When the woman's movement began the same arguments were made about choosing a woman for a spot and here we are decades later saying the same thing again over the next assumed threat to the old boys club...

Old 09-13-2021, 05:00 AM

3,750 posts, read 1,447,073 times
Quote:

The death of George Floyd allowed her to get picked as vp. It was Amy Klobuchar of minessoota who was supposed to be vp, but after Floyd death at the knees of Chauvin. Klobuchar decided not to run as a vp pick.

Old 09-13-2021, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Show me a VP that is given a second thought, the last one came across like a plastic mannequin. Why is it assumed that a white male has always been the best choice, of course that's what almost always has been chosen. When the woman's movement began the same arguments were made about choosing a woman for a spot and here we are decades later saying the same thing again over the next assumed threat to the old boys club...
Where did I assume a white male is always the best choice? I am pointing out that when you limit the choice to "the best" AMONG a minority of people, rather than to "the best" among the entire population, in MOST cases you will not get the best. Period.

Example: There are 30 children in a class, and 10 are POC and 20 are white. You are told to give the best spot for something-or-other to the best among the 10 POC children. The odds are 2:1 that the most qualified was among the white children. It's simple math.

Finally, show me a VP who was so unqualified that he dropped out before the first primary in his run for the presidency (yes....Cackles was that bad!), and who ended up being the selection as VP. She got in BECAUSE SHE IS A POC.

Old 09-13-2021, 05:12 AM

19,259 posts, read 17,124,258 times
Quote:
Where did I assume a white male is always the best choice? I am pointing out that when you limit the choice to "the best" AMONG a minority of people, rather than to "the best" among the entire population, in MOST cases you will not get the best. Period.

Example: There are 30 children in a class, and 10 are POC and 20 are white. You are told to give the best spot for something-or-other to the best among the 10 POC children. The odds are 2:1 that the most qualified was among the white children. It's simple math.

Finally, show me a VP who was so unqualified that he dropped out before the first primary in his run for the presidency (yes....Cackles was that bad!), and who ended up being the selection as VP. She got in BECAUSE SHE IS A POC.
Please post a link from an educational source that reflects your first example because your interpretation says the same thing I did. Show me a VP who even ran, I don't recall Pence or any that preceded him running for President in the election they were selected. Many chose to run in subsequent elections but all were selected. What qualifications did Pence have other than being a conservative, white male?

Old 09-13-2021, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Please post a link from an educational source that reflects your first example because your interpretation says the same thing I did. Show me a VP who even ran, I don't recall Pence or any that preceded him running for President in the election they were selected. Many chose to run in subsequent elections but all were selected. What qualifications did Pence have other than being a conservative, white male?
He wasn't selected because he was a conservative white male. He was selected because Trump felt he was best to serve the people, should he need to step in. Never did Trump limit his choice to a white mail.

Biden, on the other hand, said he would only select someone from a minority of possibilities: a black female.

And how can you defend the fact that the Marxists making the decisions for Biden selected the VERY person that American Democrat voters said that absolutely did not want for president? She was picked DESPITE the fact that she is unappealing personally and has awful policy preferences. She was picked because of her gender and race.

And P.S. As far as quoting an educational source, it is simple STATISTICS that if you limit the choice of the "best" to 1/3 of of the population and disregard 2/3 of the population, that the "best" will be among the 2/3rds you discounted 2/3rds of the time. One doesn't need "a source" for simple math.

Old 09-13-2021, 05:17 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,304,546 times
Anybody who's actually been in the real world knows employers hire token minorities that can get away with a lot more and do a lot less than a white person. They have to keep quotas which in some areas are often hard to keep due to local demographics. That's not to say there aren't lazy white people who abuse the system... there are. It's just that like the OP said when you're force to choose from a limited pool of individuals in order to maintain "equality" you end up with equity, which is a bad result. Certain people end up getting away with more and foster resentment towards those that pull their weight. Hiring should be based on qualifications and NOT skin color.

Old 09-13-2021, 05:21 AM

13,453 posts, read 9,974,014 times
Quote:

Ok Ra.. Donna.

That’s not really how odds work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies