Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 10:44 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
As long as there are still white Christian heterosexual males around, this will be needed.
That’s just how it is.

Black and none-white Christian heterosexual males doesn't exist. It's whitey's fault.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:57 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
My favorite song in The Sound of Music is, "So Long, Farewell"

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say "cuckoo"
Cuckoo, cuckoo
Regretfully they tell us Cuckoo, cuckoo
But firmly they compel us Cuckoo, cuckoo

Old 09-18-2021, 07:03 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
I don't get the whole "Pride" thing.

Pride results from an accomplishment.

Choosing a sexual preference is not an accomplishment.

Old 09-18-2021, 07:26 AM

4,830 posts, read 3,259,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post

Because pride is still needed in a society that often erases LGBTQI+ people in the world around us.

Plus because of bigots who hate LGBTQI+ people.

And stuff like heterosexism in fact erases LGBT people.
Please explain why it's perfectly okay... and maybe more importantly, expected... that people who are other than heterosexual call attention to themselves and demand to be treated 'equally', yet fail to see that the special accommodations they feel they need are anything BUT equal?

Love who you want and get over yourself! I expect 97% of the heterosexual population couldn't give two s**ts about it.

Old 09-18-2021, 07:46 AM

538 posts, read 538,162 times
Quote:
In this society where people assume others are straight,until told otherwise, LGBT pride is still needed.

Like you ever heard statements like "she would drive any man wild" or "he would drive any woman wild"?

Or if someone ever been asked this question? "have you seen any girls with bikinis around have you?

Which is based on heterosexism

Definition of heterosexism

: discrimination or prejudice against non-heterosexual people based on the belief that heterosexuality is the only normal and natural expression of sexuality

Because pride is still needed in a society that often erases LGBTQI+ people in the world around us.

Wow! Talk about someone

Old 09-18-2021, 01:38 PM

900 posts, read 375,227 times
Back in Texas, I stopped at a flower shop in a rural county, made the purchase and in the end the owner of the store asked me if I wanted a card to put along with the bouquet of flowers to give to my wife... I asked why he assumed he was married and straight and that if he wasn't, he couldn't buy the flowers. ..he was visibly embarrassed and apologized, I don't blame him... I was a white man driving in rural Texas, where there was nothing but conservative white families, he just assumed I was already a part of there. , he didn't expect a white gay from California... Of course I told him I was joking... I just LOVE these situations, so I got back in the car and laughed the whole trip.

Old 09-18-2021, 02:00 PM

930 posts, read 333,508 times
I happened to see a post where the term 'LGBTQ++' was used. What's the difference between '+' and '++'? Is it like C+ and C++?

I still haven't gotten an answer as to why 'L' is necessary, when it is subsumed by 'G,' and presumably also by 'Q' (and probably 'B').

Old 09-18-2021, 02:27 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
In this society where people assume others are straight,until told otherwise, LGBT pride is still needed.

Like you ever heard statements like "she would drive any man wild" or "he would drive any woman wild"?

Or if someone ever been asked this question? "have you seen any girls with bikinis around have you?

Which is based on heterosexism

Definition of heterosexism

: discrimination or prejudice against non-heterosexual people based on the belief that heterosexuality is the only normal and natural expression of sexuality

People assuming others are straight is not a big deal, however I do laugh when many think most gay men have effeminate qualities. There are gay men in all walks of life including the military and professional sports. In sports there has always been a very large closet, as far as the men are concerned.
Also wanted to mention the bi-sexual community since it is always left out in these type of discussions. It has always been my belief there are more individuals that are attracted to both sexes then those exclusively attracted to the same sex. Recent data has confirmed that.

Old 09-18-2021, 03:35 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Back in Texas, I stopped at a flower shop in a rural county, made the purchase and in the end the owner of the store asked me if I wanted a card to put along with the bouquet of flowers to give to my wife... I asked why he assumed he was married and straight and that if he wasn't, he couldn't buy the flowers. ..he was visibly embarrassed and apologized, I don't blame him... I was a white man driving in rural Texas, where there was nothing but conservative white families, he just assumed I was already a part of there. , he didn't expect a white gay from California... Of course I told him I was joking... I just LOVE these situations, so I got back in the car and laughed the whole trip.
Where you see the funniest thing ever I see narcissism and angry, bullying behavior towards someone minding their own business and being polite.

Old 09-18-2021, 04:26 PM

293 posts, read 191,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Where you see the funniest thing ever I see narcissism and angry, bullying behavior towards someone minding their own business and being polite.

I don't see it as bullying to correct someone who assumes that everyone is straight.

I think there are some gay men who are straight acting.

Like i know of some gay men who are football players,but no one would know they are gay, unless they were told.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight-acting

Last edited by axelthefox; 09-18-2021 at 04:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies