Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 03:10 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,878 times

Advertisements

I’ve spoken to many that voted for Biden that now say basically “Bring back the mean tweets and low prices and stability we had”

Quote:

New York Fed survey shows median expectation is inflation rate will be up 5.2% over next year

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ederal-reserve

Old 09-14-2021, 03:15 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’ve spoken to many that voted for Biden that now say basically “Bring back the mean tweets and low prices and stability we had”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...ederal-reserve
In the past few days I have listened to three coworkers lamenting their vote for Biden. One said, "I didn't like Trump but the country has gone to hell in every way since Biden took over." I refrained from the easy 'I told you so.'

Old 09-14-2021, 03:36 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times
If inflation got so bad that I would have to cart my money around in a wheelbarrow like the Germans had to do after WWI, I STILL would not miss Trump. Just think, in the incredibly unlikely re-election of Trump, he most likely would get his Twitter account back. Do you really want to impose this on your fellow Americans? Remember staying up until 3:00 AM in the morning anxiously wondering what "covfefe" was? Remember how bitchy Melania would get the morning after certain tweets?

If you are self sufficient, a little inflation just builds character - something our Country is is definite need of. I can check books out of the library instead of getting them on instant gratification via Amazon. I can adopt my new dog from the local humane society instead of spending $8,000.00 to buy a Pembroke Corgi just like the Queen's from some over-priced breeder who ships his curs to the US all the way from Wales. I can learn to do my own gormet cooking instead of buying from some fancy restaurant which requires masks, social distancing, AND proof of my Covid vaccination.

Yup, anything is better than Trump redux. Hell, I'd even give in and buy that damn $8,000.00 Corgi if that would prevent Trump's return (as we all know, the Donald hates dogs).

Old 09-14-2021, 03:44 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
If inflation got so bad that I would have to cart my money around in a wheelbarrow like the Germans had to do after WWI, I STILL would not miss Trump. Just think, in the incredibly unlikely re-election of Trump, he most likely would get his Twitter account back. Do you really want to impose this on your fellow Americans? Remember staying up until 3:00 AM in the morning anxiously wondering what "covfefe" was? Remember how bitchy Melania would get the morning after certain tweets?

If you are self sufficient, a little inflation just builds character - something our Country is is definite need of. I can check books out of the library instead of getting them on instant gratification via Amazon. I can adopt my new dog from the local humane society instead of spending $8,000.00 to buy a Pembroke Corgi just like the Queen's from some over-priced breeder who ships his curs to the US all the way from Wales. I can learn to do my own gormet cooking instead of buying from some fancy restaurant which requires masks, social distancing, AND proof of my Covid vaccination.

Yup, anything is better than Trump redux. Hell, I'd even give in and buy that damn $8,000.00 Corgi if that would prevent Trump's return (as we all know, the Donald hates dogs).
Limousine liberal has entered the chat

Old 09-14-2021, 03:47 AM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times
1st, whatever the feds report on inflation moving forward will be a fabricated attempt at preventing panic.

2nd, I predict the modz will need to combine several threads on inflation, & create an inflation mega-thread.

3rd, before the inflation mega-thread ends, we will see $6/gallon gasoline & milk. Renting any residence for <$2,000/month will be impossible anywhere near where "place jobs" exist, & the only single-family homes under $350,000, will be rural, tiny homes, or older mobil homes.

4th, the bottom 50% will start renting rooms in other people's homes on a permanent basis, not just for an Airbnb weekend getaway.

Prey for Joe Manchin & Kristin Sinema's success in thwarting the DNC's $3.5T spending spree. Even $1.5T may push us over the cliff....or, it might already be too late.

Old 09-14-2021, 03:57 AM

4,232 posts, read 2,456,650 times
Trump nor anyone else can do anything about the inflation. It is here to stay and will only get immensely worse, regardless of what fool occupies the Whitehouse.

Old 09-14-2021, 04:25 AM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
Trump nor anyone else can do anything about the inflation. It is here to stay and will only get immensely worse, regardless of what fool occupies the Whitehouse.
1) The current Dem spending bill must be tossed into the garbage can...asap

2) The Penny plan must go into effect immediately reducing all federal spending (not the spending rate) across the board by 3%.

3) interest rates must rise by 1%

4) in 2022, only fiscsal conservatives must be elected, & ALL social issues must be back-burnered.

5) in 2024, a fiscal Conservative must be elected President, & he/she must push all social isses down to the states to place all focus on reducing spending & inflation.

6) pray steps 1-5 will be enough

Here's another really bad sign...natural gas prices highest in 7 years:

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/23695...even-year-high

Old 09-14-2021, 04:31 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Limousine liberal has entered the chat
LOL! If only. I'd be paying off an $8,000.00 Corgi for at least the next 10 years - that is if my Ute neighbors didn't decide to eat him first. Still, a gal can always dream - especially at this hour.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:22 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
"Miss Orange Man Yet?"

Nope, not even close.

Old 09-22-2021, 05:17 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
covid was a reminder that 1) life is short and 2) the whole system is corrupt to the core.

So, for those who have worked decades busting their asses with the goal of retiring at 65, 67, whatever - many are starting to question that. Why not just call it quits now and enjoy life while you can.

Quit the job, pick up that fiddle and let Rome burn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies