Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 06:15 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
All I know is that I’ll be voting for either Trump or DeSantis…. Or a Trump/DeSantis ticket.

Is Trump an @zz? Yes, but he gets things done and honestly, that what matters to me. Plus, I only deal with facts, not feelings or some misguided emotion.

For all you people who are saying that you will vote for a Third Party candidate, that just a vote for “Head Board Harris” in 2024.
Correct. You don’t send out a poodle to fight a pit bull. The Left is all powerful. They control most of the federal government, many states and pretty much all major cities, they control the media, Hollywood, social media, tech, most corporations, the schools from K to college. The Left is the pit bull. You need someone just as tough to fight against them. A mother Theresa, kind and gentle Republican will get eaten alive by the Left.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:17 AM

947 posts, read 296,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Sure I support the president's current role in bringing back some stability . Be it thru military disengagement to diplomatic alliances. Something the former succeeded at pitting sides.

We really would fair better with candidates that are not Trump loyalists.

Your welcome to think what you will of our current president. It's your opinion. It's not a fact .

I'll vote and I hope you will too. .
Good day to you.
Bringing back stability?? Besides the fact that having a president who has trouble completing a sentence or answering an unscripted question, Biden has left us more vulnerable to Islamic terrorism and is having people figuring out how to pay for gas and groceries. He's swarming the country with COVID-infected migrants (or migrants refusing to get the vaccine). He's rushing through resettling Afghans at risk of bringing in more Islamic terrorists. He broke his promise and left Americans behind enemy lines. He's spending us into oblivion.

It's anything BUT stability.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:37 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Right there is the problem - people voting for what is right for themselves. That is how the Democrats manage to buy votes: "vote for me and I will give you more free stuff."

I vote for the person who is best for America. That would be someone whose policies encourage and enable work and self-sufficiency, encourage economic growth, show strength to enemies who would destroy us, and put Americans before illegal immigrants.
Regardless of what you think of Democrats, this is how alot of people, D and R, vote. Alot of people are in it for themselves regardless of party. We live in an "us vs them" society. We've always been divided and people have always voted for what's in it for themselves, or their peer group, not always for the country as a whole. I never bought into that MAGA stuff.

I think about this. I think in terms of "what do I need"? What is MY PROBLEM, RIGHT NOW? I think about this. I voted 3rd party in 2016. I could not stand Clinton or Trump. I spent at least half of the Trump administration. Of the 48 months Trump was in office, I spent 14 of those months unemployed, and 6 months UNDEREMPLOYED. I don't think I benefited from Trump being in office. And then this whole mess with Covid-19. At the end of the day, I realize what is best for my neighbor isn't always best for me.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Regardless of what you think of Democrats, this is how alot of people, D and R, vote. Alot of people are in it for themselves regardless of party. We live in an "us vs them" society. We've always been divided and people have always voted for what's in it for themselves, or their peer group, not always for the country as a whole. I never bought into that MAGA stuff.

I think about this. I think in terms of "what do I need"? What is MY PROBLEM, RIGHT NOW? I think about this. I voted 3rd party in 2016. I could not stand Clinton or Trump. I spent at least half of the Trump administration. Of the 48 months Trump was in office, I spent 14 of those months unemployed, and 6 months UNDEREMPLOYED. I don't think I benefited from Trump being in office. And then this whole mess with Covid-19. At the end of the day, I realize what is best for my neighbor isn't always best for me.
You have point. Most voters are that dumb. They don’t even realized that their unemployment and underemployment was caused by their Democrat governors and mayors shutting the economy down to hurt Trump’s re-election. Trump has always wanted to keep the economy open.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:43 AM

15,821 posts, read 6,527,022 times
Of course he's going to run. This has been true all along. Saying otherwise is just a misdirection.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You have point. Most voters are that dumb. They don’t even realized that their unemployment and underemployment was caused by their Democrat governors and mayors shutting the economy down to hurt Trump’s re-election. Trump has always wanted to keep the economy open.
I was living in a Republican state when I got laid off from a job I was at. I actually when through two layoffs in a Republican state (while Trump was in office). I'm fully employed and living in another Republican state. I really don't think it matters. This is why I don't understand being so partisan. Actually, during Trump's re-election, I was employed and making decent money (I'm still employed now). I was doing better during 2020 than I was doing in 2017-2018.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was living in a Republican state when I got laid off from a job I was at. I actually when through two layoffs in a Republican state (while Trump was in office). I'm fully employed and living in another Republican state. I really don't think it matters. This is why I don't understand being so partisan. Actually, during Trump's re-election, I was employed and making decent money (I'm still employed now). I was doing better during 2020 than I was doing in 2017-2018.
That may be the case for you, but on a national level, unemployment was at record low levels under Trump, before Covid and Covid wouldn’t have been as bad economically if the Democrats didn’t weaponized it like the did.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That may be the case for you, but on a national level, unemployment was at record low levels under Trump, before Covid and Covid wouldn’t have been as bad economically if the Democrats didn’t weaponized it like the did.
This is the thing. No one is going to care for me like my family will. I barely expect my neighbor to help me if I get unemployed. If I am not benefiting, it's going to be difficult for me to think of anyone else. If I'm doing badly, a bunch of other people doing well isn't going to mean anything to me. No one is going to pay my bills but me.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:05 AM

539 posts, read 240,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Well you are a Biden supporter so how did that all work out? Joe Biden is a Disaster!!!! Everyday at our border is an invasion. It is so bad the media has stopped covering it. Inflation is exploding. His actions in Afghanistan are a joke. He has done a lousy job with Covid. I could go on and on. I would take a mean tweet right now over the incompetent fool that currently occupies the White House!!

Amen to this ^^^^^

Old 09-14-2021, 07:12 AM

539 posts, read 240,876 times
I would not think twice about voting for Trump . I was not worried about being able to afford my mortgage , my gas for my truck or eating under the Trump administration and now we are very worried and rightfully so under this Jackal Pedo Biden and his skanky crew including his fake dr wifey .The demoncrat party wants everyone to worry and depend on the government . I have never depended on the government for anything and dont intend to start now . I have been raised to take care of myself and rightfully so . So yes I will vote for Trump because frankly we as a country were respected with him in the seat . I did not hire him to be nice I hired him by my vote to get the job done . And he did . Some of you think that we have to have a nice soft spoken potatoe head in the wh . Stop smoking whatever it is you are smoking and get with the program before it is too late .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies