Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 06:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
If the case is severe enough to need hospitalization, the bottom line is that is another bed that is unavailable to be used by a non covid person. When covid patients over run a hospital it forces the hospital to stop elective surgeries, non covid admissions, and redirect patients away from their ER, putting the health of others in more jeopardy.

The arguing over irrelevant details to try to justify why you dont want to get vaccinated gets tiresome. If you think covid is a nothing burger and dont want to get vaccinated then dont. You dont need to try to convince others of your choice. Do what you think is right for you and accept the consequences. Just like everything in life.
Exactly.
A hospitalization is a hospitalization.

Want to risk being that person who has some other underlying issue(s) that leads to a severe case and death? Go ahead and skip the vaccine, have Covid parties, whatever.
Just don’t whine when you need medical care and there’s no where to go to for treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 06:06 AM

7,930 posts, read 9,152,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Sounds like hospitals (and greater medical community) need to up their game. Its going on two years now and as the number of vaxx'ed increases so does the demand for hospital beds. So what we've been doing isnt working. No more excuses.
Finite number of beds Frank.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-14-2021 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 09-14-2021, 06:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
My county gives us those numbers. They publish daily covid death stats, saying whether they had underlying health conditions or not.

January Deaths: 508
January Deaths with underlying health conditions: 476

August Deaths: 211
August Deaths with underlying health conditions: 198

In over 93% of the covid deaths, the person had underlying health conditions, both before and after the vaccine was widely available.
Sounds like maybe, if they hadn’t contracted Covid, they might not have died, huh?

Old 09-14-2021, 06:18 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Exactly.

Want to risk being that person who has some other underlying issue(s) that leads to a severe case and death? Go ahead and skip the vaccine, have Covid parties, whatever.
Just don’t whine when you need medical care and there’s no where to go to for treatment.
I honestly hope that in a year or two, those of us who remain unvaccinated won't be telling the vaccinated, "Well, we tried to warn you. Don't blame us that there is a shortage of hospital beds now."

I hope that IF our fears are actually realized, we will be better than that.

Quote:
Sounds like maybe, if they hadn’t contracted Covid, they might not have died, huh?
And maybe they would have died, anyway.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:20 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
SC does a breakdown.

11K total beds...2K covid
2K total ICU beds...600 covid
2K total ventilators...400 covid

It's not covid filling up these hospitals.

https://scdhec.gov/covid19/covid-19-...-bed-occupancy

Old 09-14-2021, 06:21 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
And the bottom line is yet another covid room needs to be opened removing a non covid bed from availability for others.
For people with zero covid symptoms who are there for surgery or any unrelated reason?

Old 09-14-2021, 06:32 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
If the case is severe enough to need hospitalization, the bottom line is that is another bed that is unavailable to be used by a non covid person. When covid patients over run a hospital it forces the hospital to stop elective surgeries, non covid admissions, and redirect patients away from their ER, putting the health of others in more jeopardy.

The arguing over irrelevant details to try to justify why you dont want to get vaccinated gets tiresome. If you think covid is a nothing burger and dont want to get vaccinated then dont. You dont need to try to convince others of your choice. Do what you think is right for you and accept the consequences. Just like everything in life.
Quote:
Exactly.

Again, this IS NOT ABOUT THE VACCINE. The topic of this thread IS NOT ABOUT THE VACCINE. I am not against the vaccine, Christ, my boys were volunteers for the first vaccine trials with my blessings.

It is about the lack of transparency and fudging numbers. I have said for over a year that we have an incorrect picture of Covid because “professionals” were playing games with the numbers. Based on these three pieces of research there are indications our CoVid patient hospitalization numbers are inflated by at least 40%. If I go in the hospital for diabetes and catch Epstein-Barr virus I am not classified as being in the hospital as an EBV patient, I am still classified as being in the hospital for diabetes, but the hospital will need to isolate me from other patients.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:36 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Finite number of beds Frank. Seems like antivaxxers need to learn math. Current vaccines are 66 percent effective in preventing transmission of delta and near 90 percent in preventing hospitalization. Yet all you hear is from them is the vaccines are a failure.

Only antivaxxer math says 66 and 90 arent greater than zero. In their binary world of 100 percent or worthless they are causing havoc in the healthcare system.
"Finite number of beds" -is this an argument for something?
McDonalds used to have signs at its locations that said "over a billion served". They didnt stop at a million served and say "finite number of locations" or " finite number of hamburger buns"

And I didnt say vaxx'es are a failure. I said; as the number of vaxx'ed is going up, so to is the demand for hospital beds.
So whatever we're doing isnt working and its well past time the medical community rise to the occasion instead of blaming the sick and laying off staff.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:36 AM

1,711 posts, read 807,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
My county gives us those numbers. They publish daily covid death stats, saying whether they had underlying health conditions or not.

January Deaths: 508
January Deaths with underlying health conditions: 476

August Deaths: 211
August Deaths with underlying health conditions: 198

In over 93% of the covid deaths, the person had underlying health conditions, both before and after the vaccine was widely available.
They need to quantify "underlying health conditions". Just because someone is obese, old or has diabetes doesn't mean they are on deaths doorstep. Most people check at least one condition box.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:39 AM

1,601 posts, read 866,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logiatype View Post
I stopped being scared when the numbers from Italy first came in with a median mortality of 82. That’s the week I went back to the office. I haven’t trusted the media since 2018 and I wasn’t about to start now.

The MSM is 100% entertainment and nothing to do with journalism.

I hate to say it, but I'm not really bothered by Covid deaths over the average age of death in the United States, which was 78.8 years in 2019, and dropped to 77.8 years in 2020. Above that, just about anything can kill you. Break a leg, end up in the hospital, die. Get a respiratory virus of any kind, get weakened, maybe your co-morbidities catch up with you. I know this from experience...my 87 year old grandmother died from an intestinal virus that would have given a middle-aged person the runs for a day or two.

I know, the Covid scolds will say the drop in average age of death is due to Covid, and sure, that's likely, but not necessarily because of the virus itself. How many people delayed treatment, or how many procedures were cancelled due to Covid hysteria?

It all comes back to the faulty Imperial College computer model that said there would be 2.2 million deaths in the US if nothing was done. It was at that point that bureaucratic and political Washington kicked in and went completely nanners.

At the end of the day, the major weakness that's been revealed about our health care system is the lack of surge capacity in ICU beds. That needs to be addressed, but otherwise our system has done quite well I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies