Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 10:44 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Hmm, so people are admitted into the hospital for an unrelated issue. Then the standard COVID test comes back positive, and the patient is being categorized as "admitted with COVID" even though they are not sick from COVID, but just getting some form of surgery, etc...?
Yes, that is what I have been reading recently, and it is just one more way of making the virus and the numbers seem worse than they actually are.

This brings up a question, though -- if someone is being admitted for non-critical surgery (for example, cosmetic surgery), and the COVID test turns up positive, are these surgeries being delayed? I am talking about those places and hospitals that have enough beds to handle a new COVID surge.

IF these operations are now being discouraged in those that are vaccinated and/or in those that are not vaccinated, I would be interested in knowing why. This question was prompted by reports of blood clotting problems in COVID patients and those developing clotting problems after getting the vaccine. https://healthcare.utah.edu/healthfe...ng-covid19.php

Last edited by katharsis; 09-14-2021 at 10:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 10:58 AM

11,776 posts, read 5,789,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Hmm, so people are admitted into the hospital for an unrelated issue. Then the standard COVID test comes back positive, and the patient is being categorized as "admitted with COVID" even though they are not sick from COVID, but just getting some form of surgery, etc...?
Exactly - there is leaked video footage right now (The BlackConservative on youtube has a show about it) wherein the hospital doctors and staff want to make sure they make the numbers scary. They decided that even though someone that survived Covid and is moved to a non Covid floor will still be counted as a Covid patient as they are still being treated for whatever the original problem was.

I have to say I know many older people with Comorbidities that tested positive, had symptoms and survived. They felt like they had a bad cold. While it is the elderly that do seem to die from Covid - it's not like if you test positive and are over 50 - you're going to die.

I already stated that an Illinois health official on camera said that if someone is in hospice with weeks to live - tests positive for Covid - their death will be counted as a Covid death. While I think the death count due to Covid is more severe than the actual flu or pneimonia - I don't think it's anywhere near the numbers currently presented that are keeping many of you here in fear.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:26 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Covid hospitalizations can be misleading

People get numb.

The decision whether or not to admit someone rests with the physicians at a hospital. The expectation is that this person could get worse without help they can not receive at home. Too many people resist going to the hospital (fear? pride? denial?) until it is too late to help them.

Let us remember, the goal is to save lives.

I read recently of a little 4 year old girl who caught covid presumably from her mother. She went to sleep with a slight fever and died overnight, none of the typical symptoms one would see which drive people to seek medical advice.

So every case is different, and the physician makes the recommendation, again, with the goal of preserving the patient's health and well being. Every patient who can leave the hospital alive without permanent organ damage is a success story.

Every patient that leaves the hospital through the morgue is a failure.
you couldn't have read an entire article, or you would have readily recalled her Mom and Dad had Covid already and were not vaccinated.

And let's assume the poor 4 year old had no underlying conditions. It is a 100% tragic story - that her parents had Covid and didn't protect her.

But that is ALL it is. ~530 kids under 17 have died from Covid. The vast majority had medical conditions.

Each individual can choose to be numb over 530 kids. Numb that 530 "is too many" or numb that too many like you want to change our entire society over a 0.012% fatality rate for minors.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:27 AM

20,043 posts, read 20,844,919 times
But Trump!

Old 09-14-2021, 11:27 AM

17,402 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Exactly - there is leaked video footage right now (The BlackConservative on youtube has a show about it) wherein the hospital doctors and staff want to make sure they make the numbers scary. They decided that even though someone that survived Covid and is moved to a non Covid floor will still be counted as a Covid patient as they are still being treated for whatever the original problem was.

I have to say I know many older people with Comorbidities that tested positive, had symptoms and survived. They felt like they had a bad cold. While it is the elderly that do seem to die from Covid - it's not like if you test positive and are over 50 - you're going to die.

I already stated that an Illinois health official on camera said that if someone is in hospice with weeks to live - tests positive for Covid - their death will be counted as a Covid death. While I think the death count due to Covid is more severe than the actual flu or pneimonia - I don't think it's anywhere near the numbers currently presented that are keeping many of you here in fear.

The CDC breaks down locations of covid deaths - and hospice facility is listed.

That would lead you to believe that there is only a small percentage of hospice patients that died of covid.

But "hospice facility" is misleading - the majority of hospice patients are not in facilities, they are cared for at home.

So the amount of covid deaths that were under care of hospice are undercounted per the CDC.

As a side note, there's an Illinois county that had a great breakdown of covid deaths and their co-morbidities. I believe it was 25% were under the care of hospice at the time of death.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:28 AM

3,422 posts, read 1,840,339 times
Covidstan likes to focus on "cases."

They never focus on "deaths."

Smoke and mirrors.

Covid is in retreat....

Old 09-14-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
I have been wondering about this for over a year but was unable to find a straight answer.

Anecdotal of course: In one of the local Facebook groups I'm in, I remember reading a comment from a nurse about patients refusing COVID swabs. I wonder, were those patients actually in the hospital for something else and refused to contribute to the COVID hospitalization count?
you'll have to go back and find and quote that, because it sounds like a complete fabrication.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Covid causes clots, clots cause heart attacks. It is POSSIBLE that covid COULD HAVE been a contributor to his heart attack.
what's the rate of blood clotting in asymptomatic infections?

Old 09-14-2021, 11:39 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
Anecdotal of course: In one of the local Facebook groups I'm in, I remember reading a comment from a nurse about patients refusing COVID swabs. I wonder, were those patients actually in the hospital for something else and refused to contribute to the COVID hospitalization count?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
you'll have to go back and find and quote that, because it sounds like a complete fabrication.
Well, I would refuse unless possibly if they were free. If a test costs, say, $50 on the outside, it is almost a sure bet that the hospital would charge $500 for it!

Old 09-14-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
In my county they announced that when ICU beds and hospital beds in general fill up (they aren't anywhere near full now), the first people turned away will be pregnant women "wanting" to give birth. How's that for an emotional terror tactic? Birthing people everywhere will be squatting in the streets because of the unvaccinated. Give me a break.
link it for us, please.

another fabrication somewhere in the information chain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies