Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 10:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
..and there is no evidence to show the man even knows who Trump is, much less supported him
Irrelevant point.

Trying to put a killer on a political team to troll the opposition is ridiculous.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:08 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,441,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
More specifically, he increased funding for mental health. He moved agencies and funding around, to consolidate. So you can be disingenuous and call it a cut to agency A, but the money and responsibilities were moved to agency B. It's like taking a bucket of water from the shallow end, and poring it into the deep end of the pool.
So I just pulled numbers out of my behind? I guess I just threw out 21% because it sounded good...I'm not being disingenuous, ive seen all the numbers. You can spin them how you want to. He did indeed make egrigious cuts, while giving a massive haul towards the opiods epidemic. But notice I also said "its not all on Trump", so dont act like this is some anti Trump agenda. Republicans by and large have a history of defunding and cutting "social" programs, that are meant to help all Americans. And many Americans see no problem with it because its "not in their neighborhood" (when it really is).

Old 09-14-2021, 10:08 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Opened the first post (ignored) to get the link to the article. Ignored the commentary, so I have no idea what he wrote.

Looks like a person who was already pretty obviously disturbed snapped after he lost his job. The article is written with the clear intention of making this look political. We don't actually know that it was.

First, they were neighbors. There was history. Even no history is a history between neighbors.

Second, even the article stated that the motivation was "in part" due to politics. They didn't say what other parts there were.

Third, did you make it all the way to the bottom? Did you read the whole thing? The guy's a nut. I don't think his politics is all that relevant to his sanity.

Looks to me like there's a lot more going on there than what the article provided. Not sure I'd be too quick to jump on the "it was because of a sign in their yard" bandwagon just yet, if the truth is what matters to you. If it's just about winning some game you think you're playing, then whatever.
But the victims had a Biden flag, and TDS kicked in and suddenly the killer is a Trump supporter.

TDSTDSTDSTDSTDS, nuff said

Old 09-14-2021, 10:09 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Political extremists are asshats.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
So I just pulled numbers out of my butt? I'm not being disingenuous, ive seen all the numbers. You can spin them how you want to. He did indeed make egrigious cuts, while giving a massive haul towards the opiods epidemic. But notice I also said "its not all on Trump", so dont act like this is some anti Trump agenda. He did not help the mental cause.
If agencies are being restructured, so that funding for mental health is moved from one agency to another, is funding really cut, or is it just the results of restructuring and reallocation of funds?

Where did i even infer you were on "some anti Trump agenda?" You are like the OP, making crap up.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:14 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
I believe it. So many people in this country are too far gone these days. He shouldve known after Joe Exotic and Mr. DC Bomber that Trump is not going to bail him out if he did this.

We need better mental health infrastructure, and I actually mean that. Republicans should stop cutting the funding.
This guy invaded their home fully intending to kill them both on Trump's behalf. This is right-wing extremism, not mental health issues.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Irrelevant point.

Trying to put a killer on a political team to troll the opposition is ridiculous.
How is it irrelevant? The point I'm making is precisely that "trying to put a killer on a political team to troll the opposition is ridiculous." There is no indication the man knew who Trump was, much less supported him. So framing this article as if a Trump supporter murdered people for supporting Biden is a lie, and the author of the article and the editors should be fired.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:17 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Shooting politicians is absolutely not Ok, but it's not uncommon. It's why they have protection everywhere they go.

But shooting someone who is just a voter. That crossed another line.

sounds like they felt an effigy of Trump was acceptable. Nah, the "just a voter" would have occurred by Jan 6th

Old 09-14-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
This guy invaded their home fully intending to kill them both on Trump's behalf. This is right-wing extremism, not mental health issues.
Where is the evidence he even knew who Trump was? Do people like you even read the articles you promote?

Old 09-14-2021, 10:19 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
It is horrible of me to say, but if this happened more before the election, we not have the border crisis right now. A-Stan not be abandoned. All the cray cray policies not even be on the table. POTUS election is very important. It literally is a life or death situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies