Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 05:10 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times

Advertisements

Weird how the longest in-person lines are in the poorest neighborhoods. Of course, if we switch to mail-in voting the Republicans will probably just sabotage the post office oops they already did that in 2020.

Anyway, if you are going to demand an ID to vote in federal elections, I assume you'll demand the implementation of a free federal ID for voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 05:13 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Weird how the longest in-person lines are in the poorest neighborhoods. Of course, if we switch to mail-in voting the Republicans will probably just sabotage the post office oops they already did that in 2020.

Anyway, if you are going to demand an ID to vote in federal elections, I assume you'll demand the implementation of a free federal ID for voters.
How would we enforce the poll tax if we do that?

Old 09-14-2021, 05:14 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turthist View Post
Everyone else show up, show your ID and vote! Have the polling stations at LTCH so that accessibility is not an issue. If you can't make it on election day, vote at the advance pool. This will ensure that an old, senile, non charismatic person, that doesn't campaign and has no platform receives the most ballots in recorded history yet somehow all these ballots, err I mean voters do not tune in the watch his first presidential address. It's ludicrous that you can have a person casting a vote without showing ID. Vaccine passport is not deemed racist yet asking a voter for ID is! Such hypocrisy!
Yeah… no… I don’t need to waste time at polling stations. Far more efficient to vote by mail.

Old 09-14-2021, 05:18 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,819,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turthist View Post
Everyone else show up, show your ID and vote! Have the polling stations at LTCH so that accessibility is not an issue. If you can't make it on election day, vote at the advance pool. This will ensure that an old, senile, non charismatic person, that doesn't campaign and has no platform receives the most ballots in recorded history yet somehow all these ballots, err I mean voters do not tune in the watch his first presidential address. It's ludicrous that you can have a person casting a vote without showing ID. Vaccine passport is not deemed racist yet asking a voter for ID is! Such hypocrisy!
Throwaway account? I read this exact description of Biden and complaints about voting by "another" poster today. Funny.

Old 09-14-2021, 05:19 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
So if you take away mail in voting then add poling sites, machines, opportunities to vote in person.
If you can make voting secure on election day -- why can't you use the same process for early voting?

Reducing hours, voting sites, early in person voting and claiming it is all in the need for election integrity is bull and we all know it.

Old 09-14-2021, 05:20 PM

1,937 posts, read 823,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
Well then you should be happy with the situation, since we do.
Mailing ballots to every registered voter without purging the voter role every year doesn't make for voter integrity IMHO.

Old 09-14-2021, 05:26 PM

1,203 posts, read 618,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Right. It became a "problem" solely because Trump said to not trust mailed ballots.

Look how many people believed him for that unfounded lie.
I used to receive absentee ballot applications and/or instructions on how to apply for an absentee ballot from the local Republican party.

Old 09-14-2021, 05:30 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
I've been voting by mail in my state for 25 years. I would never want to give it up. Nor would the 85% of voters in the state that vote that way. It was never a problem until Trump came along with his lies.

Old 09-14-2021, 05:59 PM

1,169 posts, read 751,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northofnowhere View Post
Mailing ballots to every registered voter without purging the voter role every year doesn't make for voter integrity IMHO.
Sending every recently relocated or deceased person ten, a hundred or heck a thousand ballots doesn't make for a security flaw either, though it does waste some money. NOTHING ACTUALLY HAPPENS until it is marked and mailed back.

Should we embargo the supply of blank copy paper, manila envelopes and computer printers on the off chance that some wag could use them for voter fraud?

The right to vote is enshrined. How many voters should be denied their right to make you feel better?

Old 09-14-2021, 06:34 PM

208 posts, read 113,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Here's who should be able to vote by mail:

1) Military personnel stationed overseas (or out of their home state)
2) Elderly over 70 and/or those with disabilities

That's it.
If you have the polling station at LTCH the elderly need not vote by mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Voting by mail has been a thing since the 1800s. Evidently no one saw it as a problem until the 2020 election.
It became a problem when an old uncharismatic politician with dementia, that did very little campaigning, receives the most votes, err I mean ballots, in the history of humanity. The vast majority of the ballots came by mail, no ID required. It's incredible how so few tuned in to view his first presidential address considering he's the most popular politician in the history of humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualityDan View Post
It's 2021, I don't wanna dedicate my entire day to waiting in line.
That's why you have advance polls! No line-ups in advance polls. Each state should initiate this practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
ltch?

L T C H ?
Long term care home, that's where polling stations need to be set up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies