Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 08:19 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
Not to turn this into a "Great Debate" topic and stop the POC fun - but don't you think we should have been talking about mandated PTO so people could stay out of work when sick and not spread infection? Or stay with sick kids so they don't go to school?
I thought they already did that if a company took the PPP loan. I’m pretty sure it was mandated they had to pay workers if they stayed home because of Covid, but I could be wrong. I suppose there are always ways around the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 08:26 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Fear is a great motivator. Look how well it worked after 9/11. Who would have thought so many people would support ending the 4th Amendment with the Patriot Act, yet people rushed into that one. That was the moment we should have pushed back. Everyone I knew kept telling me they didn’t care if the government had access to their emails and texts and even books they checked out from the library because they had nothing to hide.
I can offer no arguments. We only continued to build upon the foundation of Constitutional violations because most decent Americans were comfortable with sharing their personal communications.

The very definition of a slippery slope.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
By the way, deep thinkers and researchers don’t believe in the slippery slope nor Pandora’s box.
To their ultimate demise.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
I think there’s a great many number of things about public policy we should be talking about which this current pandemic has thrust into the national conversation.
I think the time they’ve been warning us about where up to 40% of current jobs will disappear is nearly here. People will be lucky to have a job at all in the very near future. I’m not sure how many will be complaining about needing more paid leave. I hope I’m wrong.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I can offer no arguments. We only continued to build upon the foundation of Constitutional violations because most decent Americans were comfortable with sharing their personal communications.

The very definition of a slippery slope.
We have traded liberty for the illusion of safety. I never thought we could top the Patriot Act, but I never imagined something like the Covid response.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:44 PM

Quote:
while I'm actually in agreement with you on principle, you need clarity on when it applies (100+ employees) and when it doesn't. And very few states require "proof of vaccine", right?

Nothing prohibits you from patronizing businesses without being vaxxed, working for an employer of < 100, or moving to a state without the mandates.
I can't speak to other states aside from Florida. But I understand that Biden's dictatorial proclamation will extend to 80+M Americans regardless of ability to catch/spread COVID or WFH status.

Admittedly, I have never stood against mandatory personal injections based on political winds before. I guess that I am thankful that I am now fully aware of the anti-Constitutional tyranny that our government and its subserviences are so ignorantly willful in perpetrating upon others.

What is not explicitly permitted by the Constitution is permitted by the states unless it runs afoul of the Constitution. And nowhere is it in the Constitution permitted that I must inject myself or make my injection status known based upon political science to satisfy the majority. And I choose not to vaccinate. Any attempt by federal, state, or corporation to force inject me is Unconstitutional.

Last edited by Mad_Jasper; 09-14-2021 at 09:15 PM..

Old 09-14-2021, 08:50 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,878,027 times
Quote:
I understand all of that.

If you said they put microchips in the vax, I'd point out your idiocy. Just as I would someone who swore catching Covid was a death sentence. Unfortunately, not everything is that obviously whackadoodle.

So, you have to educate yourself across a wide variety of reputable sources.

I don't agree with Biden's attempt at mandates.
I believe in recovered immunity for those < 50 at least at this point.
I don't believe that folks < 50 are at mandatable risk from Covid.
There's no proof the vaccines aren't safer and more effective than the risks of Covid for 99%+ of adults.

How about you?
I agree with most of what you said except for the bolded. I personally don't think the vaccines are safe because there's simply too many long term unknowns. For some people the immediate side affects have caused debilitating and sometimes permanent illness or even death. Those risks are unacceptable to me and much higher than my risk of contracting COVID based on my lifestyle.

In addition, the fact that big pharma was granted legal liability immunity from any responsibility for vaccine injury is alarming and those unfortunate people who are injured are all on their own with no recourse, not to mention the fact that doctors don't know how to medically treat those patients other than pumping even more drugs into them. That's not the kind of life I want to live.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:58 PM

2,043 posts, read 855,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I agree with most of what you said except for the bolded. I personally don't think the vaccines are safe because there's simply too many long term unknowns. For some people the immediate side affects have caused debilitating and sometimes permanent illness or even death. Those risks are unacceptable to me and much higher than my risk of contracting COVID based on my lifestyle.

In addition, the fact that big pharma was granted legal liability immunity from any responsibility for vaccine injury is alarming and those unfortunate people who are injured are all on their own with no recourse, not to mention the fact that doctors don't know how to medically treat those patients other than pumping even more drugs into them. That's not the kind of life I want to live.
You said it very well here. To me I describe it as it feels like we’re living in the twilight zone. It’s just almost incomprehensible to me what’s going on. Things that are just absolute common sense are just being thrown out right and left.

Old 09-15-2021, 04:44 AM

8,043 posts, read 10,634,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesiss23 View Post
If you are truly injured by a vaccine, you can be compensated from the vaccine court .

https://www.hrsa.gov/cicp
Why not the makers of the product, who are profiting now, and who will profit even more if the mandates are enforced?

Old 09-15-2021, 05:20 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,878,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesiss23 View Post
If you are truly injured by a vaccine, you can be compensated from the vaccine court .

https://www.hrsa.gov/cicp
Good luck trying to collect anything because they intentionally set the bar of proof so high that most claims don't qualify and very few have ever been paid any compensation. In other words that program is useless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies