Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 06:39 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Only ones against freedom are democrats
I don't know for sure that it started under Obama (I suspect it did), but definitely since Nov 2016, polling Dems has meant 90%+ opposed everything about Trump and now favor 90%+ anything Biden.

Even when our economy was unquestionably doing well (rising GDP, rising wages, lower unemployment for women and minorities, etc etc) there was a consistent 40% "Disapprove of Trump's handling of the economy"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Who cares? Stop falling for the distraction. Biden knows this will never happen, but it got you to stop talking about inflation, the open border, and Afghanistan. Don’t let them get away with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedRedneck View Post
With a normal sane president I wouldn't mind it, but Biden's brain is mush, lord knows who is ACTUALLY calling the shots and pulling the strings that's what worries me.
you already said you'd never get vaxxed and never wear a mask. Why would you care?

Old 09-14-2021, 06:44 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,152,159 times
I'm following the science and I've come to the very unsettling conclusion that postal workers are not human. Not sure what they are, but I know they don't need to be vaccinated.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:44 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Who did the survey (nope not clicking on the link....lol.).
Trafalgar poll.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:45 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
I don't know for sure that it started under Obama (I suspect it did), but definitely since Nov 2016, polling Dems has meant 90%+ opposed everything about Trump and now favor 90%+ anything Biden.

Even when our economy was unquestionably doing well (rising GDP, rising wages, lower unemployment for women and minorities, etc etc) there was a consistent 40% "Disapprove of Trump's handling of the economy"

Numbers don't support that at all. Lots of Dems are against things the Admin is doing, or are generally not happy with Biden
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-14-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Do you really believe that we are ******* idiots? "Inject this or you're not entitled to a livelihood. You're not entitled to the personal freedom that the Constitutional protects".

Damn... to hell with you and that mentality.

One day that pendulum that you are setting in motion is going to be a *****.
then you must be against the cake baker.

And Ok with folks traipsing across your land and doing whatever they want.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:56 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Politico poll this week...The poll found 58% of respondents support Biden’s plan to require many employers to mandate the COVID-19 vaccine or weekly testing — including 41% who “strongly support” it and 17% who “somewhat support” it. Another 9% “somewhat oppose” it and 27% “strongly oppose” it.

Axios poll says 3 out of 6 Americans support Biden's COVID plan.

We live in conservative South Carollina. Husband's company -- local boys who like their conservative politics.
They had a policy of unvaccinated wearing mask in office and that was it.
Today they introduced the policy of proof of full vaccination and weekly tests for those refusing to get vaccinated.

IT remains to see if they implement the procedures to enforce the rules.

Time will tell.

I wish there was no federal policies to push these policies. I wish that people would make decisions based on what we know with the hospitalization rates/numbers, etc....and out of consideration for others.

Masks indoors if you can't socially isoalte and aren't vaccinated. That's all.

But usually if you are taking a stand on no vaccine you will stake a stand on no masks.
Mask indoors even if you are vaxed. We need to get away from the thinking that just because you are vaccinated that it returns life to the way it was pre covid (aka no masks or distancing). It is not good to let the virus be caught at free will as it gives it more chances to mutate.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Numbers don't support that at all. Lots of Dems are against things the Admin is doing, or are generally not happy with Biden
Lots? Taken within a week after 13 Americans died in Afghanistan:

Quote:
These shared concerns may partly explain why Biden's overall approval rating has shown more erosion among Democrats over the last two weeks (dropping from 86 percent to 80 percent)
https://news.yahoo.com/poll-biden-ap...185905113.html

I'd call 86% pretty damn "happy"

Old 09-14-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I hope people walk off the job in massive protest. Even some vaccinated people are upset about these forced mandates. Perhaps the major union workers will strike and send a strong message to Führer Biden.

lmfao.

Do you know how many union workers there are today, vs non-union workers?

the Dept of Labor/OSHA says "over 100 employees must be vaxxed or tested, or we'll fine you $14K/person/occurrence"

Yes, the US economy would grind to a halt if everyone of those folks said "F you Joe", but the reality is the businesses couldn't bring them back a week later ... unless they vaxxed or tested regularly. And who is going to pay your for not working?

How many of you non-vaxxers think you are so indispensable that your employer will be "OK, so you choose not to vaccinate. Let me pay $50 every week for you to get tested."

What makes you think that employers won't just throw you out like the trash and go hire vaccinated folks? You think you are uniquely skilled and irreplaceable?

Some people are getting ready to "bootstrap" themselves.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:09 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You sound mad. I didn't start this thread and it's about polls and what they show.

Oh wait.... I get it.... MAD is IN your name. Doh!
Not mad, angry. Angry that some people so enthusiastically trample on individual rights.

Mad comes when I and others are no longer able to legally provide for our families because those that are so eager to trample on individual rights based on "political science" ignore the "real science" that I am less likely to spread COVID they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies