Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 08:03 PM

1,169 posts, read 749,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The difference between you and me:

I sincerely hope that your flippant tyranny does not come back to bite you in the ass.
By the way, deep thinkers and researchers don’t believe in the slippery slope nor Pandora’s box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2021, 08:03 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
I was just chided here about following the “science”, so I must say that I don’t believe the world can put a pin in this one yet. I know conservatives are very excited about the Israeli study, but it is still preliminary, early data crunching falls on both sides of this question. Though I will be happy if we learn that this is true - it will certainly be better for all of us if this is found to be right. Particularly since in this country the portion of the adult population who has already contracted Covid already significantly overlaps with the proportion of the population who won’t get vaccinated or use many other common sense prevention measures.
I’ve been on record as a strong believer in natural immunity so the only surprising thing about the Israeli study is that the media actually reported on it. Good for them. I know they don’t have years worth of data on SARS-CoV-2, but they have 17 years on the first SARS virus and they published those findings pretty early in the pandemic.

Sorry if I offended you in this thread. I don’t mean to do so. I do worry that the media and politicians have done their best to pit us against each other on this virus. Who knew a virus could be so polarizing?

Last edited by katygirl68; 09-14-2021 at 08:13 PM..

Old 09-14-2021, 08:07 PM

The human-hosted virus has only one agenda: Replicate. Because it doesn’t have critical thinking skills or the ability to strategize its ability to do so is mostly left up to us, because we have both of those things, glaring evidence to the contrary in many notwithstanding.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:08 PM

2,034 posts, read 852,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faafo1987 View Post
What they need are smart doctors who know this vaccine is garbage to just jab people with a dose of saline and give them the golden ticket/vaccination card. Easy money.
Bring the exact needle with Saline already loaded, As the nurse fills her syringe creative distraction. If you follow each step the nurse takes when administering a vaccine the needle is usually sit down for a brief second while they swab your arm. Not always but most nurses will do this. Switch the two needles and get your injection of Saline and documentation and get the heck out of there.

Of course I’m joking, just refuse the vaccine altogether.

Universities across the country are finding that up to half or more of their students lied about getting the vaccine. The mandates aren’t gonna work just based on that. People are going to get fake documentation, they’re going to do anything and everything they can within their power and rightfully so, in my opinion, to meet the government BS standards without actually having met them.

Everyone who agrees with the vaccine has already gotten it at this point. Everything the government is doing now, is pushing those further away who don’t want the vaccine.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:08 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
Quote:
I was just chided here about following the “science”, so I must say that I don’t believe the world can put a pin in this one yet. I know conservatives are very excited about the Israeli study, but it is still preliminary, early data crunching falls on both sides of this question. Though I will be happy if we learn that this is true - it will certainly be better for all of us if this is found to be right. Particularly since in this country the portion of the adult population who has already contracted Covid already significantly overlaps with the proportion of the population who won’t get vaccinated or use many other common sense prevention measures.
speaking of the science ... where'd you get that from? Salon?

Although, if it was shown to be true - it would actually be a truly FANTASTIC thing. Imagine if we found out that 90% of the unvaxxed under 65 actually had Covid before, and now had the expected great immune response.

You'd celebrate that, yes?

it's not 1 study from Israel. It's history with viruses. It's what we found out the first 15 months. Less than 1% of the previously-infected, without adjustment for age or anything, have caught it again..

Celebrate it.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I’ve been on record as a strong believer in natural immunity so the only surprising thing about the Israeli study is that the media actually reported on it. Good for them. I know they don’t have years worth of data on SARS-CoV-2, but they have 17 years on the first SARS virus and they published those findings pretty early in the pandemic.

Sorry if I offended you in this thread. I don’t mean to do so. I do worry that the media and politicians have done their best to pit us against each other on this virus. Who knew a virus could be so polarizing.
No offense taken. Classiness is always appreciated.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
speaking of the science ... where'd you get that from? Salon?

Although, if it was shown to be true - it would actually be a truly FANTASTIC thing. Imagine if we found out that 90% of the unvaxxed under 65 actually had Covid before, and now had the expected great immune response.

You'd celebrate that, yes?

it's not 1 study from Israel. It's history with viruses. It's what we found out the first 15 months. Less than 1% of the previously-infected, without adjustment for age or anything, have caught it again..

Celebrate it.
Didn’t I just say I would?

As for your bolded portion comment, sure I think that people who are “COVID averse” to use a term, are less likely to contract it.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:11 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
We blame them all the time. We tell people who are sick to stay home and not come to work and school and cause disruption from further infections. Some of us carry a sense of personal responsibility - you know what conservatives cheer about: personal responsibility - to not spread our infections. Other people are only concerned about themselves And the right to go watch football games and eat crappy Italian food at restaurants.
Well, I never blamed people for harboring a microscopic virus they probably passed to others before even feeling sick themselves. I remember years ago when I dropped off my baby to daycare one of the workers was complaining about parents dropping their kids off when they had runny noses, but of course babies in daycare nearly ALWAYS have runny noses. It’s part of the immunity building they’re doing. The director told me they never sent kids home unless they had a fever or diarrhea or vomiting. She also told me that people with colds are contagious days before they show symptoms so there was no point in keeping them away from school. Covid is the same, contagious before symptoms.

Old 09-14-2021, 08:13 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
Quote:
We blame them all the time. We tell people who are sick to stay home and not come to work and school and cause disruption from further infections. Some of us carry a sense of personal responsibility - you know what conservatives cheer about: personal responsibility - to not spread our infections. Other people are only concerned about themselves And the right to go watch football games and eat crappy Italian food at restaurants.
Not to turn this into a "Great Debate" topic and stop the POC fun - but don't you think we should have been talking about mandated PTO so people could stay out of work when sick and not spread infection? Or stay with sick kids so they don't go to school?

Old 09-14-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
Not to turn this into a "Great Debate" topic and stop the POC fun - but don't you think we should have been talking about mandated PTO so people could stay out of work when sick and not spread infection? Or stay with sick kids so they don't go to school?
I think there’s a great many number of things about public policy we should be talking about which this current pandemic has thrust into the national conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies