Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 05:16 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times

Advertisements

She should take the number of sales he has as a big hint.
She's welcome to write one of her own with her own viewpoint.
Or she can increase his sales by one and leave a review
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 05:19 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Ah yes, the government. Arbiters of The Truth.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:22 AM

539 posts, read 240,876 times
This old pochontas can go pound sand and I hope amazon tells her so . What an uppity beer guzzling witch .

Old 09-15-2021, 05:27 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Elizabeth Warren is 72.
Trump is 75
Biden is 78
Pelosi is 81

Warren is just one more reason why I object to people over 70 holding political office.

(I'm 68, btw.)
You may dislike Pelosi. She is the literal thing holding back AOC, Tlaib and Omar etc and other walking viruses.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:29 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,159,885 times
The More these Dems demand, I think the less Companies and People will stop listening too.

Boring Warren - Another Lying sack of air, I cannot stomach to look at or listen to.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:57 AM

6,107 posts, read 4,602,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
The More these Dems demand, I think the less Companies and People will stop listening too.

Boring Warren - Another Lying sack of air, I cannot stomach to look at or listen to.
There are a lot of consumers who would look at Amazon peddling this disinformation and look elsewhere for where they buy their stuff. I imagine if they yanked this, the seller would just try to find some other platform of the same ilk as the author.

Amazon isn't the only game in town anymore. There are competitors who would love to take Amazon's place as the "go to" for people buying things online, and they are already able to provide products cheaper and faster.

History should teach us that the biggest companies eventually fall because of their arrogance in not recognizing consumer demand, and part of that can be because of having a socially irresponsible attitude.

Old 09-15-2021, 06:24 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,917,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
So, now she wants to control the ability of people to look for books?

This is what she wants from Amazon-

Well, the good senator could have used her search engine skills and easily found the answer all on her own.

How to Get an Amazon Best Seller Badge for Your Product [UPDATED 2021]

The answers to her questions are essentially it’s the book people are searching for and/or purchasing.

This is what she wants them to do, by the way:

Offical letter from Warren to Amazon

Tyranny far too often starts with the good intent to “protect” people from themselves.
Funny, coming from someone claiming to be Native American to claim college scholarships set aside for native Americans.

Old 09-15-2021, 06:41 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Milieu Control

The most basic feature of the thought reform environment, the psychological current upon which all else depends, is the control of human communication. Through this milieu control the totalist environment seeks to establish domain over not only the individ- ual's communication with the outside (all that he sees and hears, reads and writes, experiences, and expresses), but also—in its penetration of his inner life—over what we may speak of as his communication with himself. It creates an atmosphere uncom- fortably reminiscent of George Orwell's 1984…
Thought Reform and the
Psychology
of TotaHsm
A STUDY OF "BRAINWASHING" IN CHINA
Robert Jay Lifton, M.D.
The University of North Carolina Press Chapel Hill and London
Published 1961

https://ia902504.us.archive.org/8/it...f_Totalism.pdf

Old 09-15-2021, 06:44 AM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Always question the motives of people that want to ban and censor information. Our founders knew how important freedom of expression is to a free country.

Old 09-15-2021, 06:48 AM

23,852 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Stopped buying e-books years ago in favor of physical copies for this very reason, and have also been buying books that I don't necessarily intend to read, at least not immediately, but which I feel could end up on the chopping block and are important enough to preserve, including a lot of books on American history.

It's amazing to me that there have been remakes of several of the dystopian "warning" movies recently, such as Fahrenheit 451, but nobody seem to be "getting it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies