Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 11:25 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The virus mutated into the Delta in India quite some time ago where they lack vaccines. Natural herd immunity with a virus this serious is simply counter to legitimate medical practice in our modern era. If Covid mutates into a more benign yet extremely transmissible form we can thank Mother Nature. It can happen, but unlikely.
Most on this forum (well, the Right) don’t understand that antigenic drift exists.

Probably too much sex with aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 11:33 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,664,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
We should have never vaccinated . This caused the virus to mutate into a more transmissible virus . Natural herd immunity was the answer but now we are here . With due time covid should be like the cold .
That's not necessarily true. If this virus is proven to be man made and not natural, how can you say with 100% certainty that the vaccine caused the mutation? On the same token, how would you know that natural herd immunity is achievable against a man-made virus that does not exist in nature? We don't have historical evidence as to whether or not it's even possible.

Old 09-15-2021, 11:44 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And why do the jab promoters have to lie, time after time, long after the lie has been proven? NOT A HORSE DEWORMER!
It is a human dewormer, and safe at recommended dosages.
Whether it is significantly effective for Covid 19 is still up in the air. And the related research continues.
In the meantime it is being used more and more especially in the third world. Its larger population effects are still being studied.

Old 09-15-2021, 11:48 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
That's not necessarily true. If this virus is proven to be man made and not natural, how can you say with 100% certainty that the vaccine caused the mutation? On the same token, how would you know that natural herd immunity is achievable against a man-made virus that does not exist in nature? We don't have historical evidence as to whether or not it's even possible.
The vaccine did not cause the mutation. Nature did that. And with the Delta, it arose in India last year when they had no vaccines.

Natural herd immunity is simply too dangerous with the current virus. Only if nature decides to make it more benign and yet still very transmissible would that happen safely. And that still remains as a remote possibility today.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:44 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,404,074 times
It's concerning that these authors cite Carvallo study 9, which has been shown to be fraudulent. I'll have to dig deeper into this specific study to see if the numbers make sense, but one small interventional study is just not enough to claim that Ivermectin has significant benefits.

Last edited by Diesel350z; 09-15-2021 at 12:57 PM..

Old 09-15-2021, 02:49 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
Interesting you mention tribalism- I have been watching Afghanistan analysis videos and the reason Afghan forces didn't fight with the Taliban was because of tribalism mentality over nationalism.

What side effects did you and your wife have with J and j vaccine? Short term, long term?

I am not against prescription ivermectin usage, and I know it's been used in India and elsewhere around the world.

But, the virus is concerning especially when you read up on cases like Phil Valentine, 61. Not that old or obese. He was vocally against the covid vaccines, didn't take any, but took ivermectin, a prescription version from a doctor when he got covid. He said he took Vitamin D supplements as well (but Vitamin D supplements have to be started long before they can increase Vitamin D levels).

But he still died because of covid. I'm aware of other stories of people fully vaxxed that died because of covid as well. Most had health issues (like being an alcoholic, obese) or were over close or over to 80 years old, Vitamin D levels unknown, and/or they took vaccines not available in the US.
No joke sore arm. Otherwise different for us both. Similar to the symptoms we had with covid, actually, but more intense. For me, headaches, dizziness, fatigue, sore all over, and hot. My wife, same except she also developed a runny nose and she was even more hot…as in I had never felt her radiate as much heat. They did however, only last for 2-3 days as opposed to 6-7 days of actual covid. It was a rough couple of days after the jab for sure. I don’t say this to discourage anyone from getting the covid fax if they feel that’s right for them. Other people probably didn’t experience much of anything. For us, it was pretty intense for a couple days.

The problem with looking at the stories we hear in the news is they are anecdotal. I could find a child who died of the flu or an 80 year old who died from a cold that turned into pneumonia. Sure, covid is producing more of those, but the fact remains that the vast majority of people get over it just fine without ivermectin or monoclonals. So, if we have those in wide distribution, we mask and have reasonable social distancing. Is it really necessary to get an experimental jab? I’m definitely not for forcing people to get it.

Last edited by bertwrench; 09-15-2021 at 03:10 PM..

Old 09-15-2021, 02:59 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,664,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
The problem with looking at the stories we hear in the news is they are anecdotal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Sure, covid is producing more of those, but the fact remains that the vast majority of people get over it just fine .
Based on the first comment, wouldn't the evidence that most people get over it just fine also be anecdotal?

The issue that I find is that the information being provided to the general population is so slanted based on whatever opinion is held by the reporting person that finding good data that one group or the other tries to shoot down is extremely difficult at best.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:00 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why is it every off the cuff, out in left field. you've got to be kidding approach is always a better choice than the one recommended by health care professionals world wide? Read your own link a test group of 40 and a control group of 37 in one test does not a break through miracle make.

In fact if taking if taking an animal parasite treatment was the recommendation the same left wing, big pharma, corrupt, they don't give a rats a** comments would have been made simply because it is the other political party who is currently in the White House....
It has been part of the WHO's 'essential medicine' list for people for a long time. Please, ring up the WHO and tell them how much smarter you are than all of them, combined.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:20 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Research shows using Ivermectin prevents Covid transmission
Sorry. That's a no-go. Ivermectin does not provide enough profit for Big Pharm.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:23 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And why do the jab promoters have to lie, time after time, long after the lie has been proven? NOT A HORSE DEWORMER!
As I said "if taking an animal parasite treatment"' and its available at Tractor Supply....

https://g.co/kgs/eerp4g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies