Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 01:51 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Who's "we"?
OP's got a mouse in his pocket....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 02:05 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
It's funny. Even after I explained the purpose of the thread, people are still guessing and making assumptions. People who are quoting posts which came after my explanation.

This thread is an AMAZING window into people's minds. I had no idea it would be this informative.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:13 PM

1,537 posts, read 1,483,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Stop being sore losers and figure out WHY no one is voting for you guys anymore instead of whining because you are losing.
Exactly. They need to figure out why their guy had the lowest approval rating since they've been doing them, and fix that for next time. Instead they'd rather **** and moan about last time.

Just because Trump had big rallies didn't make him generally popular. There were large gatherings for him here on the left coast, so I suppose that means he won California.

I seriously think this "stolen election" nonsense is a defense mechanism by some who are embarrassed about the result and how wrong their predictions were. Fantasyland is more palpable than reality to them.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:35 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Sorry, but I disagree with you. Why can't and shouldn't conservatives who dislike Trump as a person be able to express that view without being criticized for it?

There are many people who like many things about someone, but can still acknowledge that they don't like everything about that person. I am not talking just about politicians, btw, but about family, friends, co-workers, neighbors -- many people. In fact, just to name one example, I love my husband and he is my best friend, too, but I don't love everything about him, and he has one flaw that I absolutely hate.

Or, to put it another way, I very strongly disliked my grandmother -- sometimes I actually think I hated her -- but I nevertheless acknowledge that she was a very intelligent person who achieved much in her life (and she was also a superb cook).
Can't rep you again yet but ...yep! I really truly do NOT care about being yowled at for being a Trump voter. And as I said in reply to the same post you were replying here as to leftists berating me or saying uncomplimentary things about my character and possibly my lineage or whatever...they just can't know how little I care. And I do NOT much care for Trumps personality and outlook about a great many things, but I don't vote based on personal likes and dislikes. Even though Trump is not such a likable guy I still felt like he had my back as a US citizen. And It's not like I had to have him over for beers and chicken wings.

No, my saying that I think Trump is a dick had nothing to do with any trepidation over leftist moonbat backlash here. LOL, you've been around here long enough I'm thinking to know my history there as I do yours. Wow, just a simple personal observation and you'd think I just tossed a badger into someone's bedroom. LOL, meh, it's all good.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:37 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
So that's why you guys had four years and did nothing about Russia?

I'd not say the right-wing has been patient. I'd say they have been enabling.

Get your facts straight, bubba, or at least stop getting them from your butt. No President was harder on Russia than Trump. None!!!!!

Old 09-15-2021, 02:41 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
Biden won because of the media's complicity, and some late-action ballot production at the very end.
Biden won because Trump was a horrible President. Even democrats admit this - they voted more against Trump than for Biden. Trump brought his whole party down with him, even managing to turn solid red Georgia into a blue state.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:43 PM

494 posts, read 179,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's funny. Even after I explained the purpose of the thread, people are still guessing and making assumptions. People who are quoting posts which came after my explanation.

This thread is an AMAZING window into people's minds. I had no idea it would be this informative.
What is the point of starting this thread? No context and people will take it for what they think it means. There is no psychology here or window in to everyone's minds. Without context it is a threatening statement...........plain and simple. You also have to take into account your posting history may sway a person's response.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:45 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
A message to media companies not allowing the other side to tell the full story, and news channels hiding the positives about the Republican while hiding the negatives about the Democrat - our patience is wearing thin.

And honestly? You guys did nothing but whine about Trump for four years. Worse than whine, actually - make up lies to get him out.

Biden won because of the media's complicity, and some late-action ballot production at the very end.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old 09-15-2021, 02:47 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I made this post for two reasons.

The first was to see if anybody would recognize the language. It's a direct quote from President Biden. Nothing added. His words. Nobody seems to have noticed that, which actually surprised me. I expected some on the right would recognize it immediately.

The second reason was to see how people perceived that message - our president's words. That response didn't surprise me. It was exactly as expected. People perceived it as a threat. That's because when the president said it, he was making a threat. He wasn't encouraging, or recommending. He was threatening.

Have to get some new tires installed. I wanted to let this run a little longer before writing this post, but I'll be gone for a while and it's starting to get a little heated. Y'all can calm down now and think about this some. Or not, I don't care. I found out what I wanted to learn.
You titled the thread, "A message to those trying to steal our liberty". But you didn't state a message, only quoted Biden. So therefore you must mean that anti-Vaxers to which Biden was referring, are stealing our liberty. Or you're just inept at starting threads, in which case your indignation at people not understanding your thread would be rather displaced. So which is it?

Old 09-15-2021, 02:49 PM

9,500 posts, read 4,339,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Biden won because Trump was a horrible President. Even democrats admit this - they voted more against Trump than for Biden. Trump brought his whole party down with him, even managing to turn solid red Georgia into a blue state.
Trump lost because apparently the majority of voters are a bunch of children who get their widdle feewings hurt when some speaks bluntly and isn't afraid to say uncomfortable truths. Suck it up, buttercup. Put your big boy pants on, clean the sand out of your tochus and accept that Trump was a far, far better POTUS than President Sleepy/Creepy/KKK/Reckless Spender could ever dream of being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies