Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 09:20 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times

Advertisements

Why not just mandate women to have their Gardasil shots to prevent abortions to have gainful employment as well. 100% planned parenthood would meet their stated objective.

Old 09-15-2021, 09:22 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
I'm 21, how could I have complained about an act from 35 years ago? Sent a telegram?
Well, this is your chance being so young.

Don't stop at government mandates on vaccines for employment. Go all the way with all the mandates and be consistent.

The only thing more infuriating than getting this "new normal" shoved down our throats are the folks wanting to "go back to normal".

Old 09-15-2021, 09:23 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Some places that tried that already backed off because they were about to lose most employees! People are not putting up with being forced to put that crap in their system! Most places are smart and not even trying to force anyone.

I have many friends, family and other people I know and not one of their places is even talking about trying to force this
Microsoft announced that they will not re-open their offices now and all their employees will work from home.
That's how they got around it.

The NBA announced their players will not be mandated..they get a free pass.

People that are able to work from home can continue to do so without having to get a shot.

Old 09-15-2021, 09:26 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufrugger View Post
Well we have it under control for the most part.
I think Biden didn’t go for mandates in the beginning because he didn’t expect half the country to take stupid pills and allow the virus to thrive.
Oh and if 100% are vaccinated the virus is just going to disappear ?

Take a look at Israel where they are counting breakthrough cases.
There are even people who had 3 shots catching covid.

Old 09-15-2021, 09:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
I strongly disagree with the recent mandates requiring COVID vaccination as a condition for employment. But, what happens when they mandate the Flu shot? It was just a few years ago they gave everybody a Flu shot that turned out not to be the strain that was dominant. This is why this must be defeated. If you give them an inch (COVID shot), they'll take a mile.
the flu shot has been mandated in the military for over two decades now

Old 09-15-2021, 09:30 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Microsoft announced that they will not re-open their offices now and all their employees will work from home.
That's how they got around it.

People that are able to work from home can continue to do so without having to get a shot.
Yep! exactly right.

Old 09-15-2021, 09:36 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:

I read an article about that earlier today. You got jabbed not once, not twice, but three times and still got it. Man that sucks.

I wonder if there's a contingent of those who are vaxxed that are going hog wild - no masks, no hand washing, partying like rock stars, etc. People have been locked up or at least felt locked up for so long I think at least some of these folks are really letting loose after getting vaxxed. I'm not saying they're wrong or to blame. Do what you want but even during regular flu seasons I'm a bit more cautious with spreading germs.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:16 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufrugger View Post
Well we have it under control for the most part.
I think Biden didn’t go for mandates in the beginning because he didn’t expect half the country to take stupid pills and allow the virus to thrive.
I see the divide and conquer tactics are working nicely. And look in the mirror when you talk about stupid pills.

Quote:

More $hot$!! More $hot$!

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
There's a lot of stuff mandated in the military. We go to places most civilians don't go. And they CAN mandate. Xo cannot, legally or ethically.

Old 09-16-2021, 05:26 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Ironically, in all those years I served where I was mandated to get an annual flu shot, I was sick more often than after I got out and chose to not get it. I have been out for about 7 years now and have been sick maybe twice. I have to find excuses to use my sick leave now...maybe I should just get these shots so I dont have to make excuses.

Old 09-16-2021, 06:16 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Strong union and player's association in the NBA, just like the postal workers contract stating they are not required to get any vaccine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies