Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 07:35 AM

2,004 posts, read 865,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Guess again: While a precursor of ivermectin, known as avermectin, did win its two discoverers the 2015 Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine, it was related to treatment of parasites.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...19/8258399002/
Never let facts get in the way of a good story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 07:42 AM

1,839 posts, read 676,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
Wouldn't it be safer to say that if prescribed by a doctor, Ivermectin "might" help against Covid infection? There's not enough hard data to say that it will or won't. I don't think anyone can confirm nor deny the efficacy based on anecdotal evidence of a few people. Similarly, I think the same can be said for the vaccines as well.

I also don't think you can lump all people into a political group just based on their opinion over whether they choose Ivermectin over the vaccine. I'm vaccinated, but far from left wing. I also think that Ivermectin might be another option, assuming people stop trying to dose themselves from Tractor Supply (yes, THAT version is in fact horse de-wormer) and allow more research to be done. The more that people try to treat themselves, the less seriously the general public will perceive it as an option.
Unfortunately, the media has been lumping the pro Ivermectin group or vaccine hesistant as largely Trump supporting, Tucker Carlson viewers. Granted there are many that fall in that group, but a number of vaccine hesistant/pro Ivermectin believers that likely didn't vote, or actually voted for Biden. And this is a worldwide pandemic and ivermectin has been administered in India, where people could care less about Biden or Trump.

India with 3x as much population, poorer, people living in dense conditions, is opening up, with Uttar Pradesh having low cases, and I have no doubt that ivermectin has helped. Even if it helps one out of two people, it's worth it for it to be encouraged or at least not discouraged.

Ivermectin in a way got smeared because of hydroxychloroquine. When hydroxychloroquine was shown to not be effective, the Left pounced Trump over hydroxychloroquine, it was as if ivermectin had no chance to stand out against the vaccines. The Tucker Carlson crowd embraced it, only making it more antagonistic for the Left. I'm surprised Bernie and Warren haven't taken the cause since they are anti big pharma.

Old 09-17-2021, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Crusade? Because getting information to people can save their lives . The vaccine has no long term data and I’ve seen enough people screwed up from it that I certainly know there’s long term effects of it . We have the right to alternative choices than a vaccine that has a year of data on it .

Sars vaccine was pulled after 50 people died . Tens of thousands are dead from this vaccine if not more . Why the hell are they still giving it to people and shoving it down their throats ? Follow the money .....
People like you are just as bad as the fanatical pro vax crowd. You are shoving ivermectin down people's throats. My significant other is an ICU nurse. The ICU is full of anti Vax people. It's not full of vaccinated people. I'm giving you FACTS not speculation. I'm not pro or anti anything. Things will change with this virus. No one knows what's next. That's also a FACT.

Old 09-17-2021, 08:10 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
People like you are just as bad as the fanatical pro vax crowd. You are shoving ivermectin down people's throats. My significant other is an ICU nurse. The ICU is full of anti Vax people. It's not full of vaccinated people. I'm giving you FACTS not speculation. I'm not pro or anti anything. Things will change with this virus. No one knows what's next. That's also a FACT.
Look no further than Israel's data. You people including potato head Biden are shoving experimental mrna vaccines down people's throats with NO RE-COURSE for a virus with a 99% survival rate.

There are PROVEN treatments that are working to save lives. The hospital system has become corrupt and politicized at this point and they are treating patients WRONG and being closed minded for alternate medicine because they are being told to do so.

Take your vax , I will take my ivermectin. We all have the right to chose what is best for us.

Old 09-17-2021, 08:34 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I believe the media purposely hides this information because they actually want people to die and suffer so they can report on it . It’s disgusting.
The media reports are regarding questionable efficacy - which is 100% accurate - and people buying ivermectin at feed and agricultural stores to self-dose - which is also 100% accurate.

Old 09-17-2021, 08:39 AM

People like you are dangerous. Fortunately, you are only dangerous to yourself and those that are weak minded. What are your credentials to have the audacity to state on a public forum that the hospital systems are treating people wrong? The same science that brought you ivermectin is responsible for our hospital systems. Some things and people just boggles the mind.

Old 09-17-2021, 08:51 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm sure all the reports of it being out of stock at agricultural retailers and feed stores around the country are just made up, too.
y'all have no imagination do you?

there's an item that is good for a specific thing. The news tells people that there may be a reason for a shortage on that item. So people who have a good reason for getting it, run out to buy as much as possible to stock up, "just in case" there is a shortage, thus causing a shortage, albeit a temporary one until the stores can get more. Also causing the news to report that their predictions of shortages are correct. Doesn't take people using the item for unintended uses to cause a shortage.

It's a big circle of fear and propaganda.

Old 09-17-2021, 08:53 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,264 times
Quote:
Are you that poster's doctor? If not, I'm not interested.

Kluch can speak for him/herself.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I drop in on a private conversation in your DMs?

Old 09-17-2021, 10:27 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,007,643 times
Quote:
(emphasis mine)

Well, case closed, then!

Your doctor prescribed you ivermectin without a positive COVID test, though?
It's a pretty long story and I'm not going to get into all the details. Short story is I was fairly confident I had covid at that point. I tested negative after 10 days of symptoms and was told by a doctor it was probably a false negative since I tested after having symptoms for over 7 days. I felt better within hours of taking it.

Obviously your experience will vary.

I have a good friend who got vaccinated two weeks ago. She's been in the hospital since wednesday evening and probably won't be released till next week (at the very earliest according to doctors). She's now currently dealing with covid symptoms including sepsis and pneumonia. Obviously the vaccine isn't doing squat for her. If anything it's causing her more issues. Not saying you'll experience the same thing (obviously), but it sure makes you question it's effectiveness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies