Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2022, 06:38 AM

58,681 posts, read 26,969,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There are 21 million Black males in America. 37% of violent crimes still leaves a large majority of the Black male population not involved with violent crimes. I would disagree with you on the pickings being slim. I personally think you just made this comment out of spite towards Blacks. And if that's all you have to contribute, I suggest moving along and finding another thread.
"I personally think you just made this comment out of spite towards Blacks."

I personally think you just made this comment out of spite towards WHITES.

If you CAN'T take it......"!

Just ANOTHER out of the multi-dozens of post by you on how racist whites are!

Old 06-29-2022, 06:39 AM

24,385 posts, read 9,256,035 times
Quote:
There are 21 million Black males in America. 37% of violent crimes still leaves a large majority of the Black male population not involved with violent crimes.
That's correct. Only 35-37% of black males are frequent offenders, who account for 50% of violent/homicide crimes.

That leaves about 60-70%+ of blacks law abiding model citizens who have done nothing wrong in their life.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:12 AM

72,846 posts, read 62,272,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
That's correct. Only 35-37% of black males are frequent offenders, who account for 50% of violent/homicide crimes.

That leaves about 60-70%+ of blacks law abiding model citizens who have done nothing wrong in their life.
There are about 2.6 million violent crimes committed by Blacks total. I would say it's closer to 15% of the Black population (both men and women) commiting violent crimes. And when it comes to murders, 12,000 in America. About 6,000 are committed by Black American men. That leaves 99.99% of Black males who don't commit murder.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:23 AM

28,602 posts, read 18,638,690 times
Quote:
There are about 2.6 million violent crimes committed by Blacks total. I would say it's closer to 15% of the Black population (both men and women) commiting violent crimes. And when it comes to murders, 12,000 in America. About 6,000 are committed by Black American men. That leaves 99.99% of Black males who don't commit murder.
By the stats reported in this link:

Total Murders: 17,754
Total blacks murdered: 9,913 (slightly more than half of all murders, out of 12% of the population)
Total black men murdered: 8,469
Total black women murdered: 1,440 (primarily by black men).

Quote:
Compared to a black man, a black woman is far more likely to be killed by her spouse, an intimate acquaintance, or a family member than by a stranger. More than 10 times as many black females were murdered by a male they knew (492 victims) than were killed by male strangers (48 victims) in single victim/single offender incidents in 2000. Of black victims who knew their offenders, 54 percent (267 out of 492) were wives, common-law wives, ex-wives, or girlfriends of the offenders. Ninety-five percent (575 out of 603) of the homicides of black women where the race of the male offender was known were intra-racial.
https://www.vpc.org/studies/dv5two.htm

This is polar bear behavior. We're pretty much devouring ourselves.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

Total blacks murdered: 9,913 (slightly more than half of all murders, out of 12% of the population)

Black men being the majority of murder victims and murder perpetrators is not deniable. What is disturbing is someone else on this thread speaking as if most Black people are violent. Per capita, the Black homicide rate is high, higher than for anyone else. I've broken it down by state. On the flip side, even with the high homicide rates, a very small portion of the Black population (mostly among the underclass/chit'lin culture) is responsible for that. Someone else on this forum (not you) is made a flippant comment about "slim pickings" regarding Black men. That angered me ans and I needed to prove said person wrong and make said person eat their words.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:44 AM

2,617 posts, read 2,059,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Maybe I’m just a unicorn. My parents divorced when I was very young. They married young and cultural differences (he came from a pretty patriarchal culture). In retrospect, and they’ll readily admit, yeah they should’ve taken more time to get to know each other. Lots of woukdas shouldas. Crap happens. Doesn’t mean that my father was any less of a father because he wasn’t in the home 24/7. He was a stand up guy after the divorce. My mom never had to take him to court, in fact everything was worked outside of court. They did the right thing as far as I was concerned, sparing me the drama and fights if they had stayed together. Just because you end a relationship doesn’t mean that the parenting relationship ends. And my single mother? Well she couldn’t have done better. She sacrificed, worked hard, and helped make me who I am today, along with my father. Who never missed the major moments in my life. I can be called an American success story. Thankfully I’m in a loving relationship of my own - going on 19 years married - but even if the relationship were to go south, our responsibilities as parents would never change. Being a parent is not mutually exclusive with being together. Both parties need to step up and put their children first.
Your not a unicorn !
To your statement in bolded is what I've been expressing for years online in the single mom household diatribe. Rather a couple, married or unmarried, or single your responsibility & accountability as parents doesn't change. I refer to it as 2 house parenthood.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:48 AM

325 posts, read 438,845 times
Quote:
a very small portion of the Black population (mostly among the underclass/chit'lin culture) is responsible for that. Someone else on this forum (not you) is made a flippant comment about "slim pickings" regarding Black men. That angered me ans and I needed to prove said person wrong and make said person eat their words.
Fix that small portion and we will have a better country. Simple as that. You must conform to the Law of the Land or you are an outcast. If the "chitlin culture" were to get it's act together and not glorify violence then Black America will be in a much better place. I am out with the People daily in my work and fully see the difference between the violent people and the non violent people. I believe that at least 80% of American Blacks are good hard working people who also wish the rest of then would pull it together....but the Thug Mentality that is FULLY embraced makes it doubtful. So what is your answer to that? And solution?

Old 06-29-2022, 11:56 AM

28,602 posts, read 18,638,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
Fix that small portion and we will have a better country. Simple as that. You must conform to the Law of the Land or you are an outcast. If the "chitlin culture" were to get it's act together and not glorify violence then Black America will be in a much better place. I am out with the People daily in my work and fully see the difference between the violent people and the non violent people. I believe that at least 80% of American Blacks are good hard working people who also wish the rest of then would pull it together....but the Thug Mentality that is FULLY embraced makes it doubtful. So what is your answer to that? And solution?
That's what the "chilin culture" thread is about...what is it and how can we fix it?

Old 06-29-2022, 11:57 AM

2,617 posts, read 2,059,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

We're no different from any other ethnic group in this country in regards to intra-racial crimes. I could see it lower down statically yet generations of the future will be reguirgating the same talking points.

Old 06-29-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWMachineshop View Post
That small portion won't listen to anyone, not even fellow Blacks. And that small portion of Black people, they are already outcastes and are used to living like outcastes. Those persons aren't going to conform to any laws because they already live in relative isolation. The "chitlin culture" isn't going to stop because that is what it is. The rest of us Black people are just trying to get on with our lives and do better for ourselves without having to worry about what other groups think of us. Many of us understand that those immersed in chitlin culture won't change. We just take on the solution of "save yourself and let those thugs lose their souls".

By the way, I still haven'f forgotten your slim pickings comment. I find that to be a comment you made out of spite towards Black people. I base my assessment not just on that comment, but other comments you made in the past. You see, I differentiate between the average Black person and thugs. I notice you struggle to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies