Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2022, 08:28 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,601,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Alot of kids in fatherless homes could also have a father in prison. While that man deserves to be in prison, it isn't much of a deterrent to that kid. How many criminals had parents behind bars? I think that needs to be looked at.
What is it, uniquely, about the American way of child development and way of life, that America has, more than any other country, so many people who "deserve to be in prison"? Even North Korea has a lower index of incarcerated adult males. Even a white man in the US has a better chance of being on prison, by a wide margin, than any country in the developed world. Why are Americans so distinctly and overwhelmingly "deserving of being in prison", since our high crime rate does not suggest that incarceration has any deterrent effect at all.

America has, proven by statistics, become, if it were not so tragic, the laughing stock of the world in this regard. Why are we so reluctant to explore alternatives? Ans.: Electoral bloodthirst run wild in a democracy.

Old 03-08-2022, 06:06 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arr430 View Post
What is it, uniquely, about the American way of child development and way of life, that America has, more than any other country, so many people who "deserve to be in prison"? Even North Korea has a lower index of incarcerated adult males. Even a white man in the US has a better chance of being on prison, by a wide margin, than any country in the developed world. Why are Americans so distinctly and overwhelmingly "deserving of being in prison", since our high crime rate does not suggest that incarceration has any deterrent effect at all.

America has, proven by statistics, become, if it were not so tragic, the laughing stock of the world in this regard. Why are we so reluctant to explore alternatives? Ans.: Electoral bloodthirst run wild in a democracy.
How would Electoral bloodthirst cause this?

Old 03-08-2022, 06:18 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
How would Electoral bloodthirst cause this?
How would anything except single parenthood cause this? Keep ignoring that truth.

Old 03-08-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Nope. Just calling you out. The above is not what you wrote. You equate black culture with crime culture. Nice try at wiggling your way out..
Indeed. Criminal culture is mostly within the underclass portion of the population. I notice when some individuals get called out on stupid statements, thr main reaction is to backtrack. Saying "Black culture, criminal culture ", there is no other way to see it as equating Black culture with criminal culture.

Old 03-08-2022, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Nope. Just calling you out. The above is not what you wrote. You equate black culture with crime culture. Nice try at wiggling your way out..
I also wanted to add more to what you said.

Brian McKnight is part of Black culture. So is Anita Baker. So is jazz, blues, rhythm&blues, etc. I've never heard of Black people killing each other at Anita Baker concerts or Brian McKnight concerts.

I've been to a jazz concert. Black artist (Julian Vaughn), alot of Black attendees. No fights, no rudeness or craziness. Just alot of people enjoying the music. Black culture and no criminal vibes involved.

You do hear about shootings at some rap concerts. A member of Three six mafia threatened to shoot some of his own audience over sound issues. Hood culture, ghetto culture, underclass thug culture.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Indeed. Criminal culture is mostly within the underclass portion of the population. I notice when some individuals get called out on stupid statements, thr main reaction is to backtrack. Saying "Black culture, criminal culture ", there is no other way to see it as equating Black culture with criminal culture.
Some individuals meaning hardly anyone. Big deal, it doesn't matter.

Old 03-08-2022, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I also wanted to add more to what you said.

Brian McKnight is part of Black culture. So is Anita Baker. So is jazz, blues, rhythm&blues, etc. I've never heard of Black people killing each other at Anita Baker concerts or Brian McKnight concerts.

I've been to a jazz concert. Black artist (Julian Vaughn), alot of Black attendees. No fights, no rudeness or craziness. Just alot of people enjoying the music. Black culture and no criminal vibes involved.

You do hear about shootings at some rap concerts. A member of Three six mafia threatened to shoot some of his own audience over sound issues. Hood culture, ghetto culture, underclass thug culture.
It's about the younger crowd. That is who commits the violent crime. Granted you'll ignore that just like you ignore the fact that children raised in a single parent environment commit high rates of crime.

Old 03-09-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
so you're going to continue with more of your gaslighting BS.....

yeah, there's Definitely a black crime culture....and yeah, it Definitely contributes to the black murder rate

no where have I ever said it was the definition of black culture...you know that...so your are making up some lie for a reason...
You say "Black culture, criminal culture " not "a Black culture". What was I supposed to think?

Old 03-11-2022, 10:43 AM

My theory. And this is something I have wanted to talk about, but it keeps getting steered off in other directions. Some states have a larger underclass within its Black population than others. Some cities are worse about it than others.

Why do I bring up underclass? This is why. The vast majority of Black on Black murders are committed by those in the underclass. I think about this. Missouri, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Indiana, there is a larger percentage of the Black population within the underclass relative to Black populations in other states (such as Virginia, North Carolina, and Hawaii). This is what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to speak on why Black populations in some states are doing better than in other states.

Old 03-11-2022, 12:12 PM

There is one more thing. I know that having a father in the home is better than not having a father in the home. I'm living proof of that. I grew up with BOTH father and mother in the home. My parents are still married to this day. I'm living proof of what having a father in the home can do, as far as doing good in life. However, I don't want that being used as an excuse to derail the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies