Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 12:48 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

i think a year from now, we will start to see attenuation ramping up.
most of the unvaccinated will have had COVID. There will be far fewer people who can get a bad case.

It will still be around. It will still be somewhat dangerous but the danger will be falling. in 5 years, (I hope), it will have attenuated to the point that it is a mean cold and the latest version of Corona viruses that cause the common cold. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 12:49 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I thought I knew most of the MAJOR U.S. history, but somehow that escaped my notice. Can you tell us the name of that virus so that I (we) can look it up? Thanks.
He may be referring this:

Quote:
To avoid an epidemic, the CDC believed, at least 80 percent of the United States population would need to be vaccinated
Quote:
but “the U.S. government was unstoppable,” di Justo writes. They had promised a vaccine, so there needed to be a vaccine
Quote:
On its website, the CDC notes that people who got the vaccination did have an increased risk of “approximately one additional case of GBS for every 100,000 people who got the swine flu vaccine.”
The Long Shadow of the 1976 Swine Flu Vaccine ‘Fiasco’

I don't see any evidence of "tens of thousands" dying from the vaccine, but it is clear that history repeats itself time and again.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:44 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
A repeat of the 1970s. For those who know history (which has been wiped off of Google) the US had a Coronavirus outbreak in the 1970s and Government mandated vaccines. Well tens of thousand of people wound up dying to the vaccine years later.

This really should be a larger story.
I was an adult in the 70's. What outbreak was that? Only thing I remember was the 1976 Flu Pandemic, that wasn't. President Ford was on TV rolling up his sleeve, but he DID NOT mandate a vaccination.

Old 09-18-2021, 08:06 AM

34,056 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:

What do you think the most of the headlines will be about on September 16, 2022?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
The buildup of Radical Islamic Terrorism in Afghanistan, with training bases added by the dozens.

Old 09-18-2021, 08:30 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
None of use could have predicted on 9/16/2019 what would dominate the news on 9/16/2020 and then 9/16/2021.
Oh, bull.

It was clear from the very beginning that these "vaccines" would morph into annual mitigative shots, just check posts of mine and a few others from early 2020 when they started talking about "vaccines" from the get-go.

The delta variant fiasco was also clearly predictable, maybe not a year in advance, but surely eight weeks in advance eight thousand miles away with alarms blaring and red lights glaring, they ignored it on purpose.

I see two possible scenarios in a year from now.

Either the virus spins out on its own, and semi-annual or annual mitigative shots will become as urgent (i.e. not as urgent) as the previous annual flu shots had become, and these mandates will fade. Well, this may take two years.

Or they will keep throwing "variants" at us periodically to keep up these urgent mandates for periodic mitigative shots because they are a cash-cow of subsidies for pharmaceutical companies and bribes for their sycophants in public policy positions, among other benefits to them.

Yes, I took one of the mitigative shots. I am not saying that the mitigative shots don't mitigate. But over time they mitigate what, exactly?

On a less, or more, likely scenario, then, this is like frogs in a pot of boiling water.

One can figure out the rest, read between the lines.

Good Luck!

Old 09-18-2021, 10:56 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I was an adult in the 70's. What outbreak was that? Only thing I remember was the 1976 Flu Pandemic, that wasn't. President Ford was on TV rolling up his sleeve, but he DID NOT mandate a vaccination.
The 1976 Swine was my first non-epidemic as a new doc. The military got vaccinated, since it first looked a bit like 1918. I was working at a VA hospital at the time so we all got vaccinated there. Soon thereafter cases of Gullain-Barre' started appearing in populations in more numbers than usual. And by then the 'epidemic' was essentially called off, and vaccinations stopped.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/co...-syndrome.html

Old 09-18-2021, 11:01 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Right now the news is full of headlines concerning the vaccine hesitant, ICUs and hospitals being overwhelmed, various mandates being considered, etc.

What do you think the headlines will be like a year from now? Do you think most people will have gotten the shots by then? Do you think COVID deaths will have decreased significantly decreased (or increased)? Do you think the government will be more powerful or do you think there will be some kind of effective resistance? Do you think Fauci and/or Biden will still be in their positions? Etc., etc., etc.

No one has a "crystal ball", of course, but I thought that although this kind of question has been asked in the P&OC forum about every six months or so (?), that it was time to ask it again!

What do you think the most of the headlines will be about on September 16, 2022?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
I still think we will end up similar to Influenza, endemic, and where we continue forever to have outbreaks here and there. For a few years probably in numbers somewhere between today and more typical Influenza years. And periodic boosters as the bug mutates. I think we will also see some more universal vaccines. And those along with more specific mutant directed/edited vaccines, we will have a better handle on surges. Over time fewer people will be politically biased against the vaccines.

Old 09-18-2021, 04:06 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Well if the government gets its way we'll be more like China.
Individuals won't get any choice.
Censoring and banning of any dissenting opinion.
Getting hauled away if you don't abide by government mandates.

Old 09-18-2021, 04:11 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
There's not enough data to know for certain. My best guess:

The vaccine mandates get reversed because there will be enough resistance that it won't be worth it to try to force the issue.

Hospitalizations and deaths will likely probably not get this high again, because of a combination of herd immunity and the vaccinated spreading it among themselves will reduce the need for boosters and provide strong immunity for the vaccinated, being exposed to the actual virus.

The mask mandates while out shopping and at most businesses are done, and will remain done, because the best thing to do at this point is get the vaccinated infected, so they can build strong immunity. We need to do this before the vaccines start to wear off because there will likely be some vaccinated who resist wanting boosters.

People will gradually choose to get vaccinated on their own, after they see loved ones get really sick from covid, and more time passes and it becomes obvious the spike proteins aren't going to go giving the entire population heart attacks and blood clots. A vaccine that more people may be receptive to receiving called "Novavax" may also be approved in the next few months.

Basically the vaccine mandate speech is where this administration went wrong, they did it as a political ploy to distract from Afghanistan, and the world will go on just fine by leaving the door open to voluntary vaccinations without all the scare mongering. Also, we need to get these school boards who vote for mandatory masks for students recalled, or get them to resign from the school boards. This has been going on, and it will continue to go on, because the science DOES NOT support masks for anyone under the age of 18. It does not support full dose vaccines either, but nonetheless they will try to push it on the kids, because there are some RABID lefty vaccine tards out there.

I don't necessarily think the FDA is acting in bad faith.. I mean they just made this ruling, denying the approval of booster shots for the general population.... they seem to be approving in a responsible manner. It's Biden using executive orders to try forcing vaccines who is acting irresponsibly.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/healt...ngs/index.html

Last edited by sholomar; 09-18-2021 at 04:28 PM..

Old 09-18-2021, 04:19 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
You ever see Stephen King's "The Stand?" and Randal Flagg's base of operations in Las Vegas? Yea.

We're gonna need Mother Abagail to save us from this clan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies