Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 04:24 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,166,444 times

Advertisements

I'm so scared, Not.

Thank Godness, I'm in the medical field amongst most of my family.

I never wish Death - Like the Vaxholes on this forum.

Fear Mongering is not on my resume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2021, 04:57 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Can you provide any proof of your claim that there was a government mandated vaccine for a Coronavirus outbreak in the 70s? Because I sure don't remember that, and there is zero evidence of it anywhere that I can find.
That’s because it didn’t happen. There has never been a Federal Mandate for a Vaccine, it’s a local & State thing. We had a really bad .Flu strain in the 70’s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I was an adult in the 70's. What outbreak was that? Only thing I remember was the 1976 Flu Pandemic, that wasn't. President Ford was on TV rolling up his sleeve, but he DID NOT mandate a vaccination.
My family of 3 got that Flu …. the sickest any of us have ever been. None of us have ever taken a .Flu shot, and none of us has ever had the Flu since then.

People were sick, those with Co-Morbidity died …. But there was not a Hysterical Meltdown or Politicization of the Flu. People still had trust in the Federal Medical Community & Doctors were allowed to treat patients without therapeutics being banned. They began work on trying to develop a Flu Vaccine, the best they could come up with was an annual Flu Shot, which was about 50% effective.

Every year, 100’s of 1,000’s die of the Flu, even more die of Pneumonia. In today’s political climate vehicle deaths, cancer deaths, heart attacks are listed as Covid Deaths. Trust is Lost. It will be difficult to regain.

As for next year …. This is the most stubborn Administration I’ve ever seen, Science means nothing, advice means nothing - only a predetermined Agenda matters. Things will get a LOT worse, before we have any chance if recovery.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:09 PM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrffgt View Post
Alot of us think the opposite (The VAXED) and its scary to think about! (Almost all my relatives have gotton this)
I am the only one I know that didn't get it.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:13 PM

1,154 posts, read 274,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Can you provide any proof of your claim that there was a government mandated vaccine for a Coronavirus outbreak in the 70s? Because I sure don't remember that, and there is zero evidence of it anywhere that I can find.

I didn't remember it either but Mike Wallace interviewed Mary Tyler Moore on 60 minutes about it. The govt was using the same guilt trip and 'celebrities got vaccinated" tactic as now. I have no recollection of any pandemic flu in 1976. No one in my sphere got sick. It was quite a revelation to learn about this.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:14 PM

3,082 posts, read 1,547,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Right now the news is full of headlines concerning the vaccine hesitant, ICUs and hospitals being overwhelmed, various mandates being considered, etc.

What do you think the headlines will be like a year from now? Do you think most people will have gotten the shots by then? Do you think COVID deaths will have decreased significantly decreased (or increased)? Do you think the government will be more powerful or do you think there will be some kind of effective resistance? Do you think Fauci and/or Biden will still be in their positions? Etc., etc., etc.

No one has a "crystal ball", of course, but I thought that although this kind of question has been asked in the P&OC forum about every six months or so (?), that it was time to ask it again!

What do you think the most of the headlines will be about on September 16, 2022?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
that we have another variable flu-like virus. some years worse than others. some yrs the short acting vaccine will work better than others. current covid vaccines have side effects not recognized. maybe a better, safer vaccine. then again maybe not. hopefully better treatments for the ill, more important than the vaccine.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:19 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
I think that covid will be hanging on with the threat of another "variant" but most people will have been vaccinated and most of life will be back to normal.

A lot of people are forgetting that the Novavax Vaccine is coming out by the end of the year and there are several vaccines that are in the hopper that are a lot better than the current ones.

In addition to more people getting vaccinated with vaccines that aren't experimental... one more year of infections will lead to about 50% of people in the USA having natural immunity.

Finally, I think it is dawning on people that vaccines will not end this and there is more demand for treatments and more of a realization that people need to lose weight and get healthy.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:01 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
So what do you think the vaccine/healthcare situation will be like one year from now?

Pretty much the same as it is now.

Lots of people catching Covid, some of them dying. The usual fake reports that nearly everybody catching Covid now were previously vaccinated... with a strange lack of hard numbers to back up what they claim. Just like now.

The fear, confusion, chaos, and strife generated, is a great advantage to the Left, so they will make sure to continue it at least thru the 2022 election. It makes people want more government, which is music to the Left's ears.

Last edited by Roboteer; 09-19-2021 at 12:20 AM..

Old 09-19-2021, 12:06 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,238,771 times
They say that "you can never go home". As one gets older, that phrase becomes easier to understand.

What has passed as passed, there is no going back.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:32 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The buildup of Radical Islamic Terrorism in Afghanistan, with training bases added by the dozens.
Demonstrating that you dont understand the difference between the Taliban, and ISIS. I dont think the Taliban wants a round 2 with us. Remind me how many of their leaders from 20 years ago are still alive.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:05 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
A vaccine that more people may be receptive to receiving called "Novavax" may also be approved in the next few months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
A lot of people are forgetting that the Novavax Vaccine is coming out by the end of the year and there are several vaccines that are in the hopper that are a lot better than the current ones.

In addition to more people getting vaccinated with vaccines that aren't experimental... one more year of infections will lead to about 50% of people in the USA having natural immunity.

Finally, I think it is dawning on people that vaccines will not end this and there is more demand for treatments and more of a realization that people need to lose weight and get healthy.
I would certainly like to see more competition and free choice in terms of prevention and treatments, but mafias usually don't like competition and try to eliminate it with whatever tactics work

... like junk food, junk vaccines ...

Novavax has experienced many delays, one wonders why.

Here's is an article that explains some of the issues.

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/...ccine-booster/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies