Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 04:07 PM

306 posts, read 102,255 times

Advertisements

We'll be the middle of year 3 of 14 days to flatten the curve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 05:16 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Given midterms would be coming I don’t think you’ll get the true story. Odds are better than this year for various reasons such as pandemics tend to slow over time and many of these workers who have quit or resigned will be replaced so likely better

Old 09-20-2021, 05:18 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The vaccines present only the spike protein antigen. The infection presents the spike plus the rest of the virus as many more types of antigens. Also the infection presents a much larger amount of antigen, and over a longer time frame. So the types of vaccine side effects will be less diverse than with the natural infection. And with that we have a record of over 21 months.
I think as a whole the vaccine provides in worst case about a 4-5 month window of immunity. I don’t know if infection always does. I’ve seen documented reports of people infected again 1 or 2 months later that seem legitimate. I’m sure they rarely get seriously ill however

Old 09-20-2021, 05:23 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times
The Democrats will milk this crisis as long as possible.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:23 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Not impossible, but very very unlikely. Post-vaccine side effects occur soon after the jab. Days, weeks and months. Not years. And as the vaccine's side effects are immune mediated, they mirror the side effects of the actual disease. Of course the actual disease creates more side effects, more frequent side effects and more serious side effects. But they are all there at a lower level with the vaccines, as the antibody levels wane. It would be unprecedented that some new side effect appears farther down the road. But not impossible.
We are only talking one year in which many will have the jab for less than that.

Old 09-20-2021, 10:51 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
I think as a whole the vaccine provides in worst case about a 4-5 month window of immunity. I don’t know if infection always does. I’ve seen documented reports of people infected again 1 or 2 months later that seem legitimate. I’m sure they rarely get seriously ill however
The Pfizer is proving shortest, begins to poop out about 6 months. Recurrent infection is still not common after a significant natural infection, and usually confirms longer term immunity. As most had the Alpha infection it seems prudent to get a booster this fall, and/or a Delta directed booster later if and when available.

Old 09-20-2021, 10:52 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
We are only talking one year in which many will have the jab for less than that.
The disease has been around much longer. And as the vaccines present the spike, those related side effects are most likely all on the table already.

Old 09-20-2021, 10:56 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
The disease has been around much longer. And as the vaccines present the spike, those related side effects are most likely all on the table already.
Waiting for the CDC and FDA to come give us a full court briefing on the ones known.

Something slightly larger than a Biden Rally would be nice.

Old 09-20-2021, 11:01 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Right now the news is full of headlines concerning the vaccine hesitant, ICUs and hospitals being overwhelmed, various mandates being considered, etc.

What do you think the headlines will be like a year from now? Do you think most people will have gotten the shots by then? Do you think COVID deaths will have decreased significantly decreased (or increased)? Do you think the government will be more powerful or do you think there will be some kind of effective resistance? Do you think Fauci and/or Biden will still be in their positions? Etc., etc., etc.

No one has a "crystal ball", of course, but I thought that although this kind of question has been asked in the P&OC forum about every six months or so (?), that it was time to ask it again!

What do you think the most of the headlines will be about on September 16, 2022?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
There will be widespread reports of serious health complications, including permanent damage and even deaths, to the extent the mainstream media will not be able to hide it or to blame it on the unvaccinated who are putting the vaccinated at risk.

I mean, why do the protected need protection from the unprotected so that the unprotected can do no harm to those who are protected?

There will be understaffed hospitals due to doctors and nurses who will have lost their jobs because they stood up to vaccine mandates. People will die because they won't get the treatment they otherwise would have had.

Doctors will be distrusted more than ever if not hated with a passion.

And a LOT of people who got vaccinated, even those who didn't die or get severely sick with something, will be sick with bitterness because they will finally realize they were conned.

Old 09-20-2021, 11:02 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I don't know what this has to do with what I posted. It's an absolute fact that many, many antivaxxers will be dead from COVID this time next year. They are currently dying at the rate of something like 2,000 a day in the U.S. That adds up real quick.
Wrong... so very wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies