Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2021, 07:44 PM

947 posts, read 297,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
What problem? Everyone keeps referring to this dumbing down of America, but it appears to be based on a political bias as opposed to anything quantifiable.

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=38

Maybe you've got an imaginary boogeyman?
WRONG. Educational outcomes are getting worse. And you're in major denial if you think a school where 30% of the students can't speak English doesn't lower the caliber of the instruction for the American kids.

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/...getting-worse/

Old 09-19-2021, 07:45 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What part of the United States do you live in where non-white Hispanic children have the same average test scores as white children?
What makes you think a post pointing out education scores overall have gone up is saying non-white Hispanic children have the same average test scores?

Maybe there are some Latino and Chinese kids who would get that.

Old 09-19-2021, 07:49 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,574,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
WRONG. Educational outcomes are getting worse.
What gives with this chart?

Apparently someone needs to inform them that DCDonna, scared to death of the evil Spanish speakers taking her job, has decided education scores are going down because of them.

Old 09-19-2021, 07:52 PM

141 posts, read 48,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketties View Post
“Constitutional research lawyer,” is where you had me at fabricated career. And I stand by my word, his profession is parasitic, he spent his life in academia aka a non working individual and is a neo con. Neo cons aren’t exactly favorable in these parts, in fact they are detested.
I don't know what the official term is... I'm not a lawyer.

He worked in the tech industry and not in academia. Your inferiority complex is showing.

Old 09-19-2021, 07:53 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Latinos influx into this country is large and constant. It's much cheaper for them to have children here (especially with welfare systems in place) and they greatly outnumber other races when it comes to birthrates.

Is this trend going to slow down or ramp up?
Who cares?

Old 09-19-2021, 07:55 PM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Who cares?
Who cares? Are you joking or do you hate this country that much that you're ok with massive illegal immigration that will change this country as we know it? Disgusting!

Old 09-19-2021, 07:56 PM

947 posts, read 297,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
My source was newer since 2018, and your source shows:

How do you explain math scores being higher now than in 2005 with all these immigrants?
First, that chart you just posted wasn't in my link.

Second, you picked out the SINGLE area in which there was a one point improvement. In all other measurements, there was a decline, and pretty substantial in some instances - including math. Overall, educational outcomes have gone DOWN, not up, and everyone knows it.

That's also why they had to re-set the point system in the SATs some years ago. They needed to hide how much worse students were doing, overall.

And to be clear, you are conflating immigrants with non-English speaking immigrants. Having kids in the school who don't speak English hurts American students. Only the most far-left liberals try to deny that.

Old 09-19-2021, 07:57 PM

1,065 posts, read 471,815 times
Quote:
LOL, get a grip. Your ilk of neo conservative war mongers and pro establishment idiots are not the majority here.

In fact, Trump is far more popular here than your war fiends.
hahaahaha. Calling TexasLawyer a warmongering Neocon is hilarious. You should spend more time on these forums before you start spreading rumors about people. He hates spending on wars and is extremely fiscally conservative. He's for low taxation and low spending and sticks to conservative principles... even when republicans don't (for better or worse).

Seems like you're just picking a fight for some reason.

Old 09-19-2021, 07:58 PM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
True. We are enabling immigrants by speaking to them in their old language. If we didn't do that, they would be required to learn English in order to function in their adopted country.

I mean, really. They CHOSE to come here, with the assumption that they want to become Americans. Why then do they refuse to learn the common language of our country?
Our government and businesses pander to them in their native tongue and it's mostly Spanish speakers. As long at that continues they will either not learn English or refuse to speak it. Compound that with massive illegal immigration from same they will never assimilate and our culture and language will be changed forever.

Old 09-19-2021, 07:59 PM

1,065 posts, read 471,815 times
Quote:
Inferiority complex is you assuming a) I’m jealous of an academic leech and b) I make less than said individual. I can assure you as a PM on projects with budgets larger than your entire immediate and extended family combined I find you insecurity nauseous. Adios.
These posts just scream inferiority complex. You keep digging yourself into a deeper hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies