Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2022, 05:17 AM

362 posts, read 141,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger500 View Post
It has nothing to do with whites not having enough children. When Latinos are allowed to migrate by the hundreds of thousands each and every year eventually they will become the majority.
Exactly ! I don't know why this is hard for some people to understand. Most of these people would not be here (including their children) if illegal immigration was taken seriously.

Old 03-04-2022, 05:55 AM

16,948 posts, read 12,494,885 times
It wont. My second job is next to a Hispanic town.

1st gen is mostly Spanish speaking with mostly mediocre English skills. 2nd gen are true bilingual. 3rd gen does not usually speak Spanish.

Old 03-04-2022, 06:53 AM

62,484 posts, read 28,711,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
It wont. My second job is next to a Hispanic town.

1st gen is mostly Spanish speaking with mostly mediocre English skills. 2nd gen are true bilingual. 3rd gen does not usually speak Spanish.
I note you didn't provide a link to your claims. I repeat, as long as illegal immigration is continued unabated English will be replaced by Spanish as the more common language spoken.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxrob View Post
Nope.
Yeah right, all of these Spanish speakers eventually outnumbering native English speakers are going to speak English instead of Spanish as their primary language of usage? They are already being acommodated in Spanish in so many ways because there are so many of them here illegally now. What kind of dream world do you live in?

In the past the Europeans started to outnumber the Amerindians did they adopt any of their languages as our nation's language? Get real.

Old 03-04-2022, 09:40 AM

16,948 posts, read 12,494,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I note you didn't provide a link to your claims. I repeat, as long as illegal immigration is continued unabated English will be replaced by Spanish as the more common language spoken.
I WORK IN A BIG BOX STORE NEXT TO SAID TOWN. I deal with them 50 times every week. Twice a week I have an eight year old being my translator.

Old 03-04-2022, 09:56 AM

1,952 posts, read 812,287 times
Sorry, I live in a border state and we are still a VERY LONG way from becoming a Spanish speaking majority country.

I can also verify that yes....many Mexican and other Latino immigrants are GOP voters. I work with several that are pretty conservative and have many Latino neighbors that also vote GOP. This might surprise some...but I am not surprised at all.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Sorry, I live in a border state and we are still a VERY LONG way from becoming a Spanish speaking majority country.

I can also verify that yes....many Mexican and other Latino immigrants are GOP voters. I work with several that are pretty conservative and have many Latino neighbors that also vote GOP. This might surprise some...but I am not surprised at all.
A very long time? 2 million illegals alone crashed our border since Biden took office. Those 12 million plus that are already here are busy making anchor babies. Illegals cluster in neighborhoods with their own kind and they never have to learn English because of that.

Immigrants can't vote but those from Mexican and other Latino ancestry still overwhelmingly vote Democrat and that's because they want amnesty for their ethnic group here illegally. The GOP does not.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:06 AM

344 posts, read 439,301 times
How will whites benefit from becoming a minority in America. How will whites be better off. Whites with the exception of wealthy whites will be worse off. Whites are too naive for their own good to realize they are getting shafted.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:12 AM

1,952 posts, read 812,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A very long time? 2 million illegals alone crashed our border since Biden took office. Those 12 million plus that are already here are busy making anchor babies. Illegals cluster in neighborhoods with their own kind and they never have to learn English because of that.

Immigrants can't vote but those from Mexican and other Latino ancestry still overwhelmingly vote Democrat and that's because they want amnesty for their ethnic group here illegally. The GOP does not.

Even in border states like Texas...right now, you are not going far in life if you do not learn to speak English fluently. I am pretty sure it is even harder to get by without English the farther I go towards the middle of America.

Yes, many DO speak Spanish but they ALSO learn to speak English and do so in the business world in most cases.

Old 03-04-2022, 11:12 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,427,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
I also see no reason to print ballots that are in English and Spanish. I mean really, would it be that hard for a Spanish-speaking immigrant to figure out that "President: Biden or Trump" is the same thing as "Presidente: Biden or Trump"?

It's nothing but virtue-signaling. And besides, are foreign-born American citizens required to have some mastery of English before they are awarded citizenship?
There’s more to ballots than candidates……. You would know that if you have voted in the last 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies