Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 05:18 AM

7,367 posts, read 3,529,717 times

Advertisements

Well conservatives would be happy because any climate regulations would be squashed and liberals would be happy because their favorite thing in the world (government) would be calling all the shots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 05:36 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
We're mostly unhappy. Chinese citizens are happy (albeit brainwashed). Things get done much faster with a powerful centralized government. They have a very small homeless population. Crime/drugs are much less than here. Citizens work hard. Moral ethics are controlled by government/media and adhered to.

The way this country's going, I'm not going to be too disappointed with my new asian overlords.
You’ll always trade your freedoms for safety and in doing so imprison yourself. Being free is hard work and it’s not easy and there are no guarantees. The alternative is not made for biological things.

Because of the coming technological singularity you will have more imprisonments than you could ever want or desire. Imagine a totalitarian government like Stalin’s with sensors surrounding every citizen letting them know your heartbeat, your rhetoric, your location, your music, your politics, etc…

You’ll have plenty of time in the future to go insane in your own mind. Right now enjoy what little freedom is left.

Quote:
“The United States is a different country and has different tensions and different kinds of stresses,” says Gorokhova, a linguist who has taught English as a second language since 1981. “What it doesn’t have is the kind of schizophrenic slicing of your soul in half that we had in the Soviet Union. There were things that I could say and that I could show to my family and friends. Then I would go outside, like everyone else, and I knew I couldn’t say or show that to people I went to school with or worked with, and especially not to any officials. It was the post-Stalin era, so they were not going to throw us into Siberia for a joke [during Stalin’s rule, Gorokhova’s uncle had disappeared in the Gulag after telling a joke to a foreigner]. But we had to be careful, we had to pretend everything was all right. The essence was that the government lied to us and we knew they were lying. They knew we knew they were lying. But they kept lying anyway. And we kept pretending to believe them. It was this duality, this divide, that ruled life there.”
https://bookpage.com/interviews/8556...r#.YUR-tiT3a_Y

At least they could think what they wanted in their own homes…

Old 09-17-2021, 05:42 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
China is a monoculture.
Sadly, it’s our diversity and multiculturalism now that is dividing and destroying us, along with disrespecting our borders and losing our national sovereignty.

China still teaches and implores patriotism and cultural unity.
Democrats and their corrupt media have made “patriotism” profane. To love America, to respect our flag our founders, our borders, or to express patriotism now is to be a despised right wing racist ignorant Trump loving mouthbreather.

China doesn’t coddle criminals and anarchists with a “victim mentality” forgiveness and culture.
They teach personal responsibility instead of victim mentality.

Last edited by mountainrose; 09-17-2021 at 06:13 AM..

Old 09-17-2021, 06:06 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
China is a monoculture.
Sadly, it’s our diversity and multiculturalism now that is dividing and destroying us, along with disrespecting our borders and losing our national sovereignty.

Democrats and their corrupt media have made “patriotism” profane. To love America, to respect our flag our founders, or to express patriotism now is to be a despised right wing racist ignorant Trump loving mouthbreather.

China doesn’t coddle criminals and anarchists with a “victim mentality” forgiveness and culture.

And that is their appeal...the Chinese I mean.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:10 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
We're mostly unhappy. Chinese citizens are happy (albeit brainwashed). Things get done much faster with a powerful centralized government. They have a very small homeless population. Crime/drugs are much less than here. Citizens work hard. Moral ethics are controlled by government/media and adhered to.

The way this country's going, I'm not going to be too disappointed with my new asian overlords.
Fools that say things like this do not have clue one what it would be like to live under an authoritarian totalitarian government like modern day China. The fantasy that our democratic republic and the Constitution that upholds it should be trashed in favor of going under the boot of someone like Xi Jinping is nothing more than a paranoid fantasy.

The delusional anarchists that parrot gibberish like this would be among the first to be placed by the Ministry of Public Security into a political prison where they would not be speaking anything to anyone for a long, long time - much less posting on an open Internet forum. The very first action would be to abolish the free and open Internet. The Chinese are not stupid. They understand well that free speech is the greatest threat to absolute dictatorial power.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:13 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:

You are insane.

Those who are willing to sacrifice liberty for comfort deserve neither.

Ben Franklin

Whenever there is an incompetent democrat president, there is a general feeling of hopelessness in the US that is always remedied by a strong conservative president, who restores order, respect, and individual liberties.

Democrats and totalitarians are misery merchants who should be shunned by free people who value their liberty. Like other forces of evil, the democrats will be defeated and confidence will be restored.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:15 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
As Benjamin Franklin said, "Those who would give up essential liberty in order to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." China may look good to you on the surface, but the CCP is running actual death camps and they execute or "disappear" anyone who peacefully dissents or says something they don't like. Every country has problems. The United States doesn't need to be managed by despotic mass murderers in order to solve its own.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:17 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,179,417 times
That is not saying much. A gold fish could run a country better than the democrats are!

Old 09-17-2021, 09:18 AM

1,111 posts, read 747,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
China is a monoculture.

Democrats and their corrupt media have made “patriotism” profane. To love America, to respect our flag our founders, our borders, or to express patriotism now is to be a despised right wing racist ignorant Trump loving mouthbreather.

They also officially recognize homosexuality as a mental disorder.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:19 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:

Don't you worry. The Communist Party of America, aka the democrat party, will ensure you are happy soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies