Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 11:27 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Of course they do. There are religious exemptions for everything. This seems to be a very important part of being whatever religion these people are to the point that they travel from all over for this rite. Government should not be able to stop it.
Slippery slope alert. What if the religious rite involved human sacrifice? Should the government be able to stop it? I fall on the side of if your religious rite involves harming others without their consent, it’s not allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 11:30 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Of course they do. There are religious exemptions for everything. This seems to be a very important part of being whatever religion these people are to the point that they travel from all over for this rite. Government should not be able to stop it.
What exemptions for religious purposes that go against written law, I cant think of any.
Practicing Latter Day Saints can not legally marry multiple women.
Some religious groups are forced to seek medical attention for minors when they dont believe in modern medicine.
No niqabs for photo IDs

Old 09-17-2021, 11:33 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I cant imagine a guy wanting this.

Hint for idiots: If a woman is getting off, she is MORE likely to want MORE sex.
Their Islamist, they don't think like people in the West, a clitoris is something that needs to be cut off in their culture

Old 09-17-2021, 11:40 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Almost all Women's rights groups, Human rights groups, the WHO, and others, are against this practice and consider this Buchery. It has no place in Western culture.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:47 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Almost all Women's rights groups, Human rights groups, the WHO, and others, are against this practice and consider this Buchery. It has no place in Western culture.
It has no place in any culture.

Old 09-17-2021, 12:04 PM

1,434 posts, read 666,676 times
Quote:
If this is a religious rite should they not be free to practice it?
This is a cultural practice, not religious.

Old 09-17-2021, 12:40 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
If this is a religious rite should they not be free to practice it?
Great - now I can promote the cessation of abortions and abstinence for birth control. Thanks.

Old 09-17-2021, 12:58 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Great - now I can promote the cessation of abortions and abstinence for birth control. Thanks.

Yes you can.

Cultural diversity it is)))

Old 09-17-2021, 01:01 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I cant imagine a guy wanting this.

Hint for idiots: If a woman is getting off, she is MORE likely to want MORE sex.
Yes indeed. Such has been my experience. But in the case of FGM it's the woman's lack of gratification that is the goal. This is an Islamic thing (yea huge surprise I know) and only men are supposed to have sexual gratification and the woman is merely a tool. Whether or not she wants to have sex doesn't even figure in.

He husband strolls in, orders her to present herself, he does his thing and flops down on his prayer rug. Or whatever. If this is actually painful for the woman (which it more often than not is) all the better. The prophet has decreed women as "unclean" anyway so this is part of her penance for the unforgivable crime of having been born female.

It's a brutal, backwards, deliberately cruel and sadistic practice and any "doctor" in this country who performs it should he strung up. Tall tree short rope skittish horse. This is NOT a first amendment issue. As a religious practice this is akin to human sacrifice. Yesss, I know that male circumcision is comparable but that is a separate issue. I'm not arguing on that topic so I ask that be taken into account.

This is I believe a more prevalent practice with Islamawackos in countries such as Somalia, Nigeria et all. The more African Islamists. But it is done regularly throughout the whole Islamic world. Doctors here in the US that perform this sadistic ritual most often try to defend themselves on religious grounds. Guess what, religious freedom has limits. It is no defense in such cases. It is a barbarous witch doctor ritual and is illegal here for a reason. Go back to Somalia or whatever Islamist $h!thole you were spawned in if you want to practice it.

We don't do things like that here in the US. Leave those girls alone!!

Old 09-17-2021, 01:02 PM

947 posts, read 297,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
And in other news, thousands of new born baby boys are circumcised in this country daily.
Not the same thing at all. And you must know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies