Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 04:01 PM

18,138 posts, read 15,550,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The Ryan Commission published its 2,600-page report in 2009. Despite government inspections and supervision, Catholic clergy had, across decades, violently tormented thousands of children. The report found that children held in orphanages and reformatory schools were treated no better than slaves—in some cases, sex slaves. Rape and molestation of boys were “endemic.” Other reports were issued about other institutions, including parish churches and schools, and homes for unwed mothers—the notorious “Magdalene Laundries,” where girls and women were condemned to lives of coercive servitude. The ignominy of these institutions was laid out in plays and documentary films, and in Philomena, the movie starring Judi Dench, which was based on a true story. The homes-for-women scandal climaxed in 2017, when a government report revealed that from 1925 to 1961, at the Bon Secours Mother and Baby Home, in Tuam, County Galway, babies who died—nearly 800 of them—were routinely disposed of in mass graves or sewage pits. Not only priests had behaved despicably. So had nuns.
Alrighty then. That's something I can at least wrap my brain around and file for future study. Still, these crimes were not committed because of any command from "the Christian God" and some (myself included) would argue that Catholicism , it's supposed devotion to Jesus Christ aside, is not a truly "Christian" faith. And it has been through missions, orphanages, "schools" of various kinds, and other ...operations...indeed been an organization responsible for a slew of reprehensible acts.

There are more than a few Christian theologists that postulate the judgement of the Lord on the 7 churches detailed in John (Revelations) will fall harshly on the Catholic church. I have no opinion on that myself I'm just mentioning it for the sake of discussion. I don't make any claim whatsoever as to the mind of God being anything I even might have the vaguest clue about. The Catholic church is derided by a great many other Christian oriented churches for ritualism, idolatry, hypocrisy, greed and ALL the other sins the church itself lists as either venal or mortal. And to be clear I'm not saying i agree or disagree with that, just sayin'.

I do believe that the Catholic faith, like Islam, is old. Very old. And has not evolved to any truly relevant degree. I don't ascribe to the doctrines of any one faith. I loathe organized religion on a fairly equal level. Any interest I have had or will ever have insofar as organized doctrine oriented religion goes is purely academic. The Ryan Commission investigation is something that was heretofore unknown to me until now (thanks for the tip btw) but still doesn't support use of the Lords commands to the Israelites in the Old Testament as an arguement for religious ritual such as FGM in the 21st century. And though I am not defending the Catholic church in any way shape or form the crimes unvcovered by the Ryan commission within Catholic sponsored institutions were not done because of any commandment within Scripture or because of church policy. Those were all on the people who committed them. Evil that men (and women) do contrary to any faith not rooted in Satanic doctrine. Voodoo and Bokoria and such I include in that.

I have seen writings that speak of Satanic practices within the Catholic church. Internal cults if you will. And I will allow that a great many wrongs have been done through history under the guise of "God will vindicate us." "God is on OUR side." Religion in general has been responsible for much death and suffering. That I cannot and will not deny. Such wrongs are being done as we speak. This nation we call the United States was founded on the belief that as a nation we will not countenance such crimes and wrongs done with a claim to divine favor. That has not always been the case though.

But none of that has any bearing on brutal and sadistic practices such as FGM. As I said earlier I personally see that as akin to human sacrifice. Which is highly illegal 1st amendment notwithstanding for obvious reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 06:28 AM

36,100 posts, read 30,596,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
I know what FGM is. I’m not implying it’s an exact equivalent. I bring the issue of circumcision up because we are one of the few countries that routinely practices it, with out any religious reasons for doing so. An uncircumcised penis is more sensitive than a circumcised one, so therefore could be considered a form of male genital mutilation.
I'll call BS on that one based on having both circumcised and uncircumcised partners over the years.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:54 AM

1,737 posts, read 949,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'll call BS on that one based on having both circumcised and uncircumcised partners over the years.
So you know yourself the exact sensations those partners experienced? I don’t think so.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:35 AM

36,100 posts, read 30,596,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
So you know yourself the exact sensations those partners experienced? I don’t think so.
Does one man know the exact sensation of another. Unless one was sexually active while uncircumcised and sexual active after circumcision no one can say and that would most likely differ among men. I only know one man who had to get a circumcision later in life. That is my uncle and I'm not asking him.

I can say I observed no significant difference in sensations between those circumcised and those uncircumcised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies