Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2021, 06:00 PM

6,594 posts, read 2,944,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I don't see the petite Asian hostess lunging at them as they claimed and a couple of those women are not lightweights. Nasty unnecessary violence. I wonder which one is the Doctor, and doctor of what.
Yeah.,.I mean,..I don't see what happened 'before' the video, but just from this

the hostess in question was clearly standing outside, not even noticing, as the one woman exited the place and immediately got all up in her grill. It took the hostess a moment to turn and face her and by that time she was being assaulted. The hostess was clearly not an imminent threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 06:01 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,584,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
That was actually my favorite part of the video. Watching that guy backing up, red underwear disappearing while holding the angry chick up. Funny stuff.
LOL! I'm glad you enjoyed it. A nice clip to watch when you could use a pick-me-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
FYI- She's a businesswoman (doesn't say what kind) with a doctorate in education.

Gotta appreciate how a whole bunch of people that know this gal, work with her and all their friends and family in NYC get to witness how this BS works.

They should have tried a more believable excuse than racism like saying they were asked to leave after they ordered the all you can eat option.

OH. A 'Dr. Jill' kind of *doctor*. She's wasting all her talents if she's not teaching.

Bring that class to the classroom, I say.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:07 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,341,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Watch the video that Carmine's has released in this article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...urant-NYC.html
Looks pretty clear. The customers attacked the hostess.

However, the white man invented video surveillance so this carries no weight in the grand scheme of things.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Looks pretty clear. The customers attacked the hostess.

However, the white man invented video surveillance so this carries no weight in the grand scheme of things.

Video surveillance is racist. I get it.

On the other hand, have I got a girl for you!

Old 09-21-2021, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Video surveillance is racist. I get it.

On the other hand, have I got a girl for you!
Hook me up!

On a serious note, hadn’t seen the full video before. Christ, no wonder I don’t go out in public - Covid or no Covid. Look at all the people who quickly got mixed up in that mess. Those “women” are lucky no one got seriously hurt in the chaos -other customers, staff, and folks just walking by.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:20 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,563,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Enacted by Commie DeBlasio.
Typical commie, "show me your papers"
You do not have a "fundamental right" to harm other people in order to dine in a restaurant.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Hook me up!

On a serious note, hadn’t seen the full video before. Christ, no wonder I don’t go out in public - Covid or no Covid. Look at all the people who quickly got mixed up in that mess. Those “women” are lucky no one got seriously hurt in the chaos -other customers, staff, and folks just walking by.
They would still find a way to blame it on other people. Even if the Asian woman said the *n* word, which I don't believe happened, there is NO excuse for such poor behavior. It's disgraceful.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:
They would still find a way to blame it on other people. Even if the Asian woman said the *n* word, which I don't believe happened, there is NO excuse for such poor behavior. It's disgraceful.
Yep. Can’t attack people like that.

Impulse control comes from both your parents and the culture you grew up in. Even if you’re only able to identify when you’re in a bad mood or what your triggers are that should be enough to walk away and take out your frustrations on something benign. You don’t have to escalate/attack. Sadly, many people don’t make it that far in life.

Covid has added stress on top of stressful lives for many people. We know that. These past 18 months have sucked to varying degrees for everyone. But I mean, you’re on vacation in NYC. Don’t let it ruin your fun.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Yep. Can’t attack people like that.

Impulse control comes from both your parents and the culture you grew up in. Even if you’re only able to identify when you’re in a bad mood or what your triggers are that should be enough to walk away and take out your frustrations on something benign. You don’t have to escalate/attack. Sadly, many people don’t make it that far in life.

Covid has added stress on top of stressful lives for many people. We know that. These past 18 months have sucked to varying degrees for everyone. But I mean, you’re on vacation in NYC. Don’t let it ruin your fun.
And whatever happened to quietly asking to speak with the manager and registering your complaint that way?

We've all been under a lot of stress this past year, but this has been going on long before that. It's like people can't help themselves. if they even think they've been disrespected, they turn into animals. And yes, this starts at home.

Look at the thread on the high school kids who sat during the Pledge of Allegiance. People are saying the teacher had no right to tell the girls to stand, apparently they popped off, and police were called. And mom is defending them.

When you grow up being told you don't have to respect authority, and people better not disrespect you or else, this is what you become as an adult.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:03 PM

39,160 posts, read 27,554,153 times
Quote:
I agree. This said, I highly doubt the girl used n word.

I have been called stupid b by a black woman when I worked in one of my moms retail stores in a mall. When security came, she claimed I used n word, thanks God there was a security camera to prove my innocence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies