Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2021, 09:12 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
My buddy Trump?
Heh I really got under your skin
You’re a Republican. Don’t play coy. Covid scared you back to hardcore statism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 09:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You did something to **** him off, that much is clear.
Classifying assault as “inappropriate behavior” did him in.

Dude sounds like he’s running for office.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:15 PM

45,220 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Really angry, I've had exes who havent slandered me this bad

Old 09-21-2021, 09:17 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Classifying assault as “inappropriate behavior” did him in.

Dude sounds like he’s running for office.

Quote:

Okay, this is just weird. You've been on Frank like brown on bran and it seems to be a result of you thinking he's changed his political views. In fact, you've been bashing the right much more than the left, so have you changed your views? Or do you view Frank as going right, and now you're bashing the right?

Why so mad that he's not the hardcore anarchist you want him to be?

Don't answer that, it's a rhetorical question.

All I know is, this isn't about the phrase 'inappropriate behavior'.

Old 09-22-2021, 05:32 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Whatever happened to going out dinner and not being asked vaxx status before being served?
This cuts both ways and I expect we will see more of it as inappropriate behavior is met with inappropriate behavior
We went out to dinner last week, and there was a sign that announced that all unmasked servers were fully vaccinated. My reaction (kept to myself) was "Who cares? Vaccinated people can spread the virus, too" which even the CDC admits. I wonder how many people by this time don't know that!

(Btw, it was optional whether diners wore masks or not.)

In any case, for myself, I don't really care if people are vaccinated or not. I am now inclined to hope for a very mild case so I can have natural immunity -- but based on our choices over the past 16 months, I think my husband and I have either already had it (and shown either no or very mild symptoms) or I had some kind of natural immunity already, as it has been claimed that 30% of the population have. We were very cautious until the end of May, but after that we only masked when required -- and that is all we have done regarding the virus. But that being said, we live in an area where the death rate has reportedly been less than 1 per 1,000 of population since the virus began. (If we lived in a city and were not retired, we probably would have been much more cautious, however.)

Last edited by katharsis; 09-22-2021 at 06:25 AM..

Old 09-22-2021, 06:07 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Nope, it is a media focus because it is run by a republican just like Florida. The media is just doing its thing and trying to make Texas and Florida look bad. You do know the media is wildly left, right?

In my city there are crazy things going on ALL the time. Tons of shootings, fights and stabbings. High School football games being played on neutral fields with NO fans because of potential violence. Does that make the news outside of my city? No way. It would look bad for the state. lol

Yep, it is what it is.
I don't know about this. Crazy things happen in my state too, but our state didn't authorize citizen vigilantes to go after women making their own medical decisions. Our state didn't make it legal for everyone's crazy Uncle Bob to walk around intimidating others with guns. Our state didn't pass legislation making it harder to vote and easier for political parties to overturn elections. ...

There's something about Texas that takes crazy to a new level.

No surprise that wearing masks to protect others would be a huge deal there.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:09 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
One thing about face masks, it makes it easier to identify the *******s.

As to showing proof of vaccinations, if you don't want to be vaccinated, don't go to places that only want vaccinated customers.

That's an easy fix.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:19 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
One thing about face masks, it makes it easier to identify the *******s.

As to showing proof of vaccinations, if you don't want to be vaccinated, don't go to places that only want vaccinated customers.

That's an easy fix.
An 'easy fix' to force these places out of business. Funny thing happens when the government requires you to turn away customers....you make less money and close!

The NYC mayor and governor certainly know this, yet they celebrate it. Along with requiring masks on toddlers.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:39 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
It's weird that they want to ban the diners who fought for them to stay open and to stay in business but now welcome only those that wanted them to shut down and be run out of business. It's a clown world.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:48 AM

78,373 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
It's weird that they want to ban the diners who fought for them to stay open and to stay in business but now welcome only those that wanted them to shut down and be run out of business. It's a clown world.
The city has put big fines into place, much like the landlords and others they're just trying to navigate all the ridiculous rules the politicians keeping throwing around. Hard to blame the restaurants, they didn't do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies