Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 09:08 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,796,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They beat up the hostess.

Anyone living and working in NYC even well before this pandemic knows all about where they are living. They are contributing to that city and helping it thrive. If you think a drop in the bucket is going to make a difference it isn't. This video just looks bad for the trashy Texans, it will have no other effect except to connect those who believe in vaccine choice to violent losers like this.
Yeah, those trashy TEXANS. People need to apply critical thinking to the media. How many videos do you think they went through to find Texans? I shared a video of a black family being kicked out of a restaurant. That didn't make the news. They tell the stories they want to tell. They cherry pick their 'evidence.' For all we know, there are altercations like this between black NY'ers and restaurants every day, given the vax rate of the black community is lower. The media will NEVER touch that. They won't talk about how the vaccine passports are causing, literally, ALL WHITE spaces! It's the Texans...and Ron DeSantis. I'm sure he had something to do with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 09:15 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Yeah, those trashy TEXANS. People need to apply critical thinking to the media. How many videos do you think they went through to find Texans? I shared a video of a black family being kicked out of a restaurant. That didn't make the news. They tell the stories they want to tell. They cherry pick their 'evidence.' For all we know, there are altercations like this between black NY'ers and restaurants every day, given the vax rate of the black community is lower. The media will NEVER touch that. They won't talk about how the vaccine passports are causing, literally, ALL WHITE spaces! It's the Texans...and Ron DeSantis. I'm sure he had something to do with this.
Why does it make a difference what race they are? These restaurants will be fined and shut down if they don't comply with vaccine mandate and NYC isn't shy about enforcement. The family in your video didnt have their card. Stop punishing the small business owners, those still open barely made it through last year.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:15 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:

Not shown on the MSM is a video circulating of a black family thrown out of a restaurant for not having their vax papers, even though they had a religious exemption. The white restaurant owner, and the nearly all white customers, were very hostile toward this black family. One white couple even makes an obscene gesture in front of the guys' kids!

You'd think the media might be interested in the racist disparate impact of this policy? Not a chance. Won't touch it with a ten foot pole.

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/statu...18296555393032
me, I wouldn't hang my credibility on this example.

Now, if some other white patron came forward and says "Hey, I claimed religious exemption and you let me in in without further ado", then there's a point.

Last edited by Eyebee Teepee; 09-17-2021 at 09:29 AM..

Old 09-17-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why does it make a difference what race they are? These restaurants will be fined and shut down if they don't comply with vaccine mandate and NYC isn't shy about enforcement. The family in your video didnt have their card. Stop punishing the small business owners, those still open barely made it through last year.
During segregation, were the small business owners just doing their job?

The family also had a religious exemption. It is illegal to discriminate based on that.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:21 AM

1,742 posts, read 958,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Quit, there are other resturants. We cant end this garbage if we keeping making excuses like "thems the rules".
Its going to take massive civil disobedience or one day we will be sitting around in camps wishing we had done more sooner.
Solzhenitsyn talks about this in The Gulag Archipelago. Its recommended reading for any student or adult who hasnt already done so.
The outrage here should be directed at the fact that a group of people physically attacked and assaulted a restaurant hostess. It doesn’t matter that it was regarding a vaccine mandate, which people can disagree about in a civil manner. There is no excuse whatsoever for this behavior. They should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:22 AM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
This is exactly what biden and the democrats want.
That’s correct.

But since these were unvaccinated black people attacking a white hostess, don’t expect this to be on CNN.

Do liberals really think that whites asking blacks for “papers please” is ever going to go well? Some folks start crying racism even when the establishment has a dress code.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:23 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No, the restaurant should be refusing to enforce the edict
This edict puts the restaurants on the front lines. They have to enforce the card mandate (at their own expense, of course, and at the risk of their employees' safety) or else get fined mercilessly by the government. Either way, they're out a lot of money. At this point, I think the restaurants should band together and simply close their doors. Every last one of them, shut down. If New Yorkers suddenly discovered that they couldn't eat out, anywhere, at all, you can be sure that the outcry would knock DeBlasio off his feet. And maybe then he'd rescind the mandate.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
me, I wouldn't hang my credibility on this example.

Now, if some other white patron came forward and says "Hey, I claimed religious exemption and you let me kn in without further ado", then there's a point.
If you just look at the numbers, black NY-ers have lower vax rates. So, they will be banned from these public spaces by law.

Every religious and medical exemption should be accepted, but they are worthless in NYC.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:27 AM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Enacted by Commie DeBlasio.
Typical commie, "show me your papers"
I was told “show me your papers” before and while I did oblige, I can see how many minorities would be put off by such Jim Crow era laws.

You see, asking us blacks to jump through hoops implies that the whites already seated didn’t have to do it. Now maybe they did, but optics and perception are reality.

I expect to see more fist fights as these Jim Crow era laws face social disobedience by people of color.

Old 09-17-2021, 09:28 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
During segregation, were the small business owners just doing their job?

The family also had a religious exemption. It is illegal to discriminate based on that.
the person at the next table flipped him the bird, as he started shouting. When he saw it, he started throwing F-bombs in front of his children. Which do you think the children recognized?

This is just a very odd position.

What has this patron claimed was his religious exemption?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies