Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 09:02 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
You don't know why this person hated Asians. But we do know that Asian hate crimes increased during the pandemic. Chinese Americans were the target of some of these hate crimes because of covid, not because of college entrance competition.

If you were to make the analogy with Jews. It would be like Jewish Americans being attacked when Israel was fighting the Palestinians.

In an ideal world everyone could separate between China and Asian Americans, Israel and Jewish Americans. But that doesn't happen in the minds of hate crime perpetrators.
How do we know that the perp hated Asians? The victim did not mention any racial slurs when he initially spoke to police and so it was not in the police report. He later made that claim. The prosecutor did not have sufficient evidence of a hate crime.

The article says that the pero was previously diagnosed with serious mental illnesses. He might have been having a psychotic episode when he attacked the man.

Old 09-18-2021, 09:45 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post
As far as the success of Chinese Americans, they always come up near the top of charts that break income down by segment of the population. Indians, who of course are also Asian, come in right at the top. So, it will still apply that Asians, like Jews, are generally more successful than Americans as a whole - and despite the bigotry against them. In fact, as mentioned previously, it is this very success that breeds resentment and jealously - and consequently, prejudice - against them.

The Jewish-Asian Coalition. I like the sound of that. (Or Asian-Jewish. Let them battle it out for top billing.)
Do you have any concept of how uneducated this statement is? Both India and China have approximately 1.4 billion people, only their finest get to come here. The U.S. colleges and universities have put a premium on diversity and routinely deny acceptance of qualified American students, specifically white students, white male students if it’s a school like MIT, Cal Tech, Georgia Tech, etc. Also, Eastern European and Jews do outscore Asians on competency tests and grades. There are far less Jews and Eastern Europeans than Asians.

Old 09-19-2021, 11:58 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Default Chinese people - the Jews of the 21st century

This might sound odd, but I see clear parallels to 80 years ago, and even to the Middle Ages, when Europeans and later specifically Germans (and their supporters, including most notably American eugenicists) tried to oppress and even get rid of Jews based on wild accusations, you know, like that Jews poisoned wells etc.

(The same procedure has been used with others as well, of course, like the fake accusations invented against Libya, Syria, Iraq, etc. - countries that have basically been destroyed meanwhile, while the accusations later turned out to have been blunt lies and deliberate distortions of facts.)

Now it is the Chinese, against whom the West orchestrates that crusade, also based on wild accusations and distortions, and again a heavy dose of racism and fascism, fascism in the sense of behaving as if the whole world has to become like the West, and those that refuse are declared enemies. Both with Jews and the Chinese racism has a very long tradition in the West, with Jews it is well known, but many people do not know about Yellow Peril that started in the mid-19th century and targeted East Asians and specifically the Chinese, portraying them as locusts, ugly monsters etc. in newspapers and books back then. The Chinese Exclusion Act was just another racist tool to get rid of Chinese immigrants.

With both Jews and today the Chinese a big amount of envy of their success also played a big role, of course. Various US presidents have basically admitted it, for instance Biden when he said China will not become the most prosperous, advanced, and powerful country under his watch. Obama said something similar many years ago. Support also comes from Japan, which is known for its genocidal mass murders and massive human rights violations during the occupation of China. Unlike Germans, the Japanese have never dealt with their crimes.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:03 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
a lot of anti Chinese rhetoric is simply regurgitated john birch society claims, blame the rightwing

Old 09-19-2021, 12:08 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Comrade Neuling is back. We welcome you. A question for you: How do I know if the shoes I just bought were made in Uyghur forced labor camps?

Old 09-19-2021, 12:12 PM

7,913 posts, read 3,458,721 times
It's horrible how black people hate Asians. Such racism should not be tolerated.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Comrade Neuling is back. We welcome you. A question for you: How do I know if the shoes I just bought were made in Uyghur forced labor camps?
That's exactly like the well poisoning accusation...

I wonder why nobody does China the favor and sue them before some international court. Well, I don't really wonder, I know why. Because they know they would lose and that in a public court, everyone would know the accusations are fake. So they have to come up with private fake "tribunals" instead that are not subject to any laws, established legal procedures etc., but merely propaganda tools. Goebbels would be proud of today's anglo governments.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:21 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Lol, no kidding.

In China, muslims are the jews of of 20th century Europe.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
It's horrible how black people hate Asians. Such racism should not be tolerated.
Yes, I have heard of that. But I think black people's motivation is different. It is more personal, not political or strategic.

Old 09-19-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Lol, no kidding.

In China, muslims are the jews of of 20th century Europe.

That's just another accusations. Why don't you go to China and ask them? Why do Western politicians make all those claims while never having gone to China, let alone Xinjiang in particular?

Muslims are actually privileged in China, minorities including Muslim ones, enjoy affirmative action, paid for by the Han.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies