Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2021, 08:42 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
There is no medical indication at this time for this treatment. The current medical standards of care dictates.
So we're not in a deadly pandemic?

The data says it saves lives and prevents hospitalization. So if the 'medical standards' are advising against, they need to be changed to save people's lives.

The current medical standards of care are dictators. Fixed it for you.

Many in the medical establishment are part of a cultic ideology revolving around Vaccines. They believe vaccines are The Way, the Truth, and the Life, and they wish to coerce and force people into it. Their zealotry even allows them to let people die who don't bend the knee to vaccines.

Vaccines AND treatment save lives. To deny one of those to sick people is atrocious.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:07 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

The data says it saves lives and prevents hospitalization. So if the 'medical standards' are advising against, they need to be changed to save people's lives.

Many in the medical establishment are part of a cultic ideology revolving around Vaccines. They believe vaccines are The Way, the Truth, and the Life, and they wish to coerce and force people into it. Their zealotry even allows them to let people die who don't bend the knee to vaccines.

Vaccines AND treatment save lives. To deny one of those to sick people is atrocious.
I agree with this 100%

I think at this point, people should all face reality. The vaccination has done its job. If people haven't gotten the vaccine by now, they just won't get it. If the goal is saving lives and hospital beds, then we should push monoclonal antibody treatment. After all, it is a treatment, if you (general term) were not tested positive, you don't have to worry about it. It is to prevent people (who are tested positive) from developing severe symptoms or hospitalization. I see nothing wrong with pushing it.

add I volunteer at a va hospital, reality is that many many MANY veterans haven't gotten the vaccine yet, and they perhaps just won't get it. Don't ask me why, I don't know why. Their reasons are irrelevant to me. I asked them if they knew about monoclonal antibody treatment, 9 out of 10 people never heard of it. So I tell as many people as possible about this treatment. I do my part to help my community.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
We know the CDC isn't counting but "a fraction of" breakthrough COVID cases, so we aren't getting the true, accurate numbers. And you can't prevent people from getting a virus. So, instead of pushing the vaccines, front and center, why isn't there a bigger campaign for the Monoclonal Antibody Treatment?

I know people that have received the treatment and the turnaround was AMAZING. One day they felt awful, had a fever, non-stop coughing, and didn't want to get out of bed. The next day, they went out driving, took a shower, made their own food. The fever had broken, the coughing had ceased, and they felt 100% better.

As I have stated before on this forum, 100% of the vaccinated people I know that came into contact with COVID developed breakthrough cases. They were miserable. They had fevers, coughing fits, and couldn't get out of bed. One was considering checking herself into the hospital because she couldn't breathe well (she didn't though). Yes, she was vaccinated. It didn't do anything, for them. This all took place in August with the Delta variant.

So, here's what I propose. Encourage people to get vaccinated, BUT, the Monoclonal Antibody Treatment is pushed first. Because, even vaccinated people will need it. Then, we go on as normal, if people get sick they are given the treatment. This nonsense about vaccine passports and lockdowns and mask mandates WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING. You can't stop a virus, so we should do what we can to treat people.

Ok, hopping off my soap box!
.. because America is getting more and more pathetic. It is all about politics, team blue or team red.

Pandemic should never be politicized, but here we are.

In my opinion, we should be happy that vaccination has done its job. You just cannot convince the unvaccinated to get the vaccine no matter how hard you try. So why NOT pushing antibody treatment in case they are tested positive? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:13 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I asked them if they knew about monoclonal antibody treatment, 9 out of 10 people never heard of it. So I tell as many people as possible about this treatment. I do my part to help my community.
Good for you but don't you think that information should already have been made available by the government?
Of course, we know why not.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Good for you but don't you think that information should already have been made available by the government?
yeah. totally.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I agree. Who's gonna pay for it?
$$ is always a concern, but covid patients cost more $$$ if they have to be hospitalized. Monoclonal is to prevent people who are tested positive from developing severe symptoms, 60% - 70% effective in term of preventing hospitalization. In the long run, it saves money.

Don't get me wrong, vaccine works. But this treatment is to prevent people who cannot take the vaccine or who won't take the vaccine from being hospitalized. I think pushing both (vaccination and monoclonal antibody treatment) is a win win.

I still say we are ALL in this together. I have printed out flyers and handed them to people haven't heard of this treatment. The response I received has been positive. Many have said, "interesting, I won't get the vaccine, but I will check it out." Or "I will give it to my son.. " some like that.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:40 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

The monoclonals are not indicated for a young health male. Gov'ts don't prescribe the medication, doctors do. And as the vaccines remain as the basis for our overall Pandemic counter, the monoclonals are there for the high risk failures.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with this 100%

I think at this point, people should all face reality. The vaccination has done its job. If people haven't gotten the vaccine by now, they just won't get it. If the goal is saving lives and hospital beds, then we should push monoclonal antibody treatment. After all, it is a treatment, if you (general term) were not tested positive, you don't have to worry about it. It is to prevent people (who are tested positive) from developing severe symptoms or hospitalization. I see nothing wrong with pushing it.

add I volunteer at a va hospital, reality is that many many MANY veterans haven't gotten the vaccine yet, and they perhaps just won't get it. Don't ask me why, I don't know why. Their reasons are irrelevant to me. I asked them if they knew about monoclonal antibody treatment, 9 out of 10 people never heard of it. So I tell as many people as possible about this treatment. I do my part to help my community.
Boosters still make a whole lot more sense for the high risks. Especially if they had the Pfizer. My high risk wife just had #3 recently.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Our docs are the ones who need the education, as they are the ones to prescribe. This is not new news in the medical realm.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:47 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The monoclonals are not indicated for a young health male. Gov'ts don't prescribe the medication, doctors do. And as the vaccines remain as the basis for our overall Pandemic counter, the monoclonals are there for the high risk failures.
Given that most of America is obese, smokers, or otherwise unhealthy, the monoclonals can be given to MANY people, who are currently not getting them.

The vaccines should not remain the only option, or only for vaccine 'failures.' Treatment and vaccines should be available to all, and should have been since the monoclonals got the EUA.

Who made the medical establishment God that they can decide who gets life saving medicine, or that people MUST take the vaccines?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies