Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2021, 09:48 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Many have said, "interesting, I won't get the vaccine, but I will check it out."
A good test for cognitive dissonance.

Quote:
"I will give it to my son.. " some like that.
You should mean you will consult with his doctor.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:52 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Boosters still make a whole lot more sense for the high risks. Especially if they had the Pfizer. My high risk wife just had #3 recently.
I don't disagree, but you have missed my point.

People (at least I and other posters) are not suggesting monoclonal should REPLACE vaccination. We are saying the government should PUSH BOTH. You cannot deny that almost everybody and their dogs have heard of vaccine, but many haven't even heard of monoclonal treatment could potentially save their lives.

You can call them stubborn or ignorant all you want, those who haven't gotten the vaccine just won't get it. In order to save lives and hospital beds, it makes total sense to me that government push both (vaccination and the treatment)

Old 09-21-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
A good test for cognitive dissonance.

You should mean you will consult with his doctor.
I don't know what point you are trying to make. At least they want to "check it out." meaning, they are interested in this treatment. As a doctor, you are a doctor, are you? you don't think that is a good sign? "give it to my son" meaning, they will introduce this treatment to their son, so in case he's tested positive someday, the treatment will be an option for him (the son.) Not sure why do you have to make fun of people like that. Disturbing.

These people just won't get the vaccine, no matter how hard you push them. So why not let them know this treatment exists? what's the point of making fun of people? wow, just wow.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Given that most of America is obese, smokers, or otherwise unhealthy, the monoclonals can be given to MANY people, who are currently not getting them.

The vaccines should not remain the only option, or only for vaccine 'failures.' Treatment and vaccines should be available to all, and should have been since the monoclonals got the EUA.

Who made the medical establishment God that they can decide who gets life saving medicine, or that people MUST take the vaccines?
Your first and second paragraph, of course.

Your third, the medical communities are the ones who invent, prove and then establish treatments and standards of care. They are the ones who prescribe. So as that all relates to medical care, they are the ones along with their current patient who decides on these life or death treatments.

And the established medical communities all over the world remain convinced that the vaccines are the core of our Pandemic response. In the best interests of individual, group, national and global best health.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:54 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Our docs are the ones who need the education, as they are the ones to prescribe. This is not new news in the medical realm.
We don't need a doctor or a prescription here.

And if it's not news to doctors then it's close to criminal that there hasn't been much more use of them.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I don't disagree, but you have missed my point.

People (at least I and other posters) are not suggesting monoclonal should REPLACE vaccination. We are saying the government should PUSH BOTH. You cannot deny that almost everybody and their dogs have heard of vaccine, but many haven't even heard of monoclonal treatment could potentially save their lives.

You can call them stubborn or ignorant all you want, those who haven't gotten the vaccine just won't get it. In order to save lives and hospital beds, it makes total sense to me that government push both (vaccination and the treatment)
The worry is that the message that the monoclonals can substitute for the vaccine becomes too useful for the anti-vaxxers.

People getting sick should and will consult with their doctors. The doctors know about the monoclonals. This is not new news to them.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Your first and second paragraph, of course.

Your third, the medical communities are the ones who invent, prove and then establish treatments and standards of care. They are the ones who prescribe. So as that all relates to medical care, they are the ones along with their current patient who decides on these life or death treatments.

And the established medical communities all over the world remain convinced that the vaccines are the core of our Pandemic response. In the best interests of individual, group, national and global best health.
Nobody has said otherwise.

But , you will always have people who just won't get the vaccine. Introduce monoclonal antibody treatment to them can potentially save lives. So government should push both.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
The worry is that the message that the monoclonals can substitute for the vaccine becomes too useful for the anti-vaxxers.

People getting sick should and will consult with their doctors. The doctors know about the monoclonals. This is not new news to them.
well, the point is that many people don't have a primary doctor to SEEK advice. Many get covid and it is already too late for them. So if this information (monoclonal antibody treatment) is introduced to the general population, at least they know such a life saving treatment is available to them.

Not everybody has a whole medical team behind him like Joe Biden does.

Point is those who want the vaccination (like myself) already got it, the people who haven't gotten it, no matter what you say, they just don't get it. How do you prevent these people from being hospitalized?

Old 09-21-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
We don't need a doctor or a prescription here.

And if it's not news to doctors then it's close to criminal that there hasn't been much more use of them.
It could be another caregiver than a doc. We in the medical communities have been studying and known about the monoclonals maybe a year now. In fact on this forum I had wrongly predicted that they would be more generally become available before the vaccines. In fact that surprised many docs.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
well, the point is that many people don't have a primary doctor to SEEK advice. Many get covid and it is already too late for them. So if this information (monoclonal antibody treatment) is introduced to the general population, at least they know such a life saving treatment is available to them.

Not everybody has a whole medical team behind him like Joe Biden does.
r
They get sick, they consult with the medical. No doc, then urgent care of ER.

I see what you are saying - not to die at home unnecessarily - OK then!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies