Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 11:14 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times

Advertisements

Why do we push routine maintenance on vehicles instead of just driving it until it catches fire then replacing the entire engine block?

Old 09-21-2021, 11:20 AM

39,220 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Bottom line is that not everybody in the world thinks the same way.

There will always be people who just won't get the vaccination no matter what. Face reality.

If these people have been introduced to monoclonal antibody treatment, maybe, just maybe their lives could be saved, hospital beds could be available to another person.

It is not either, or. it is BOTH. You can push (for lack of a better word) both vaccination and a treatment. There is a difference between ideal world and reality world In reality world, there are people who just won't get the vaccine. What do you do to these people if they come down with covid? Refuse treatment? Send them home so they can infect others? Maybe, just maybe, BEFORE they were tested positive, tell them, "Hey, since you won't get the vaccine, may I introduce you to the monoclonal antibody treatment? " Why is it such a horrible ideal to some here is something I will never understand.

Oh well.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:20 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
hey hooligan, I respect your opinion as a medical professional. I appreciate your efforts of providing medical information to the forum members, but at this point, I think your emotion has taken over.

No one has ever said vaccination is poison. Believe it or not, those who think covid is a hoax (or vaccine is about government control ) is in the minority.

People are ONLY saying for the folks who won't get the vaccination, monoclonal antibody treatment should be "pushed" as hard as the vaccination by the government if the end goal is to prevent hospitalization and to save lives. No more/no less.
Did you mean to address that to Hoonose?

Old 09-21-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Did you mean to address that to Hoonose?
yeah, one of the H. lol The one who brought up bill gates and right wingers. I have to go back and check.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:23 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Why do we push routine maintenance on vehicles instead of just driving it until it catches fire then replacing the entire engine block?
Mostly because it's like when people are mainly being sent to only one garage and the mechanics haven't got a stellar record for honesty.
So you do what maintenance you can yourself and keep your fingers crossed.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:55 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Oh wow.

I don't think an insult will make your point any more valid.

You asked, "why not pushing vaccine?"

My answer, ".. because no matter how hard one push the vaccine, there will always be people who won't take it. So monoclonal treatment should at least be available to people who just won't take the vaccination no matter what."

You come up with the above junk?

What right wing left wing have anything to do with this topic? Have I ever said the vaccine is poison? Bill Gates?
Not necessarily you. But so so many on this here forum. And others.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:56 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Gosh, I cant imagine why left wingers don't want cheap, safe and effective treatments. Is it because they love Big Pharma and all global corporations?

Old 09-21-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Not where I live.
How do you go about receiving the monoclonals?

Old 09-21-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Not necessarily you. But so so many on this here forum. And others.
The way I see it? Their political views or their opinions of the vaccines should be ignored. (meaning, if you don't agree, just don't read it) We've all been there. Someone posts something, and someone comments that instead of being constructive or contributing to the debate simply responds in a way that is anything but productive. Reasoning and level discourse only exacerbate the situation.

In the end a post is hijacked.

The bottom line is that we just need to prevent hospitalization and we need to save as many lives as possible.

In real life, at least I can speak for the people I know. The only reason why many people don't want to get the vaccination is because they don't trust the vaccine to be effective or safe. It takes me three months to finally decide that I wanted to be vaccinated. So I don't think I personally can really blame those who just choose to "wait and see."

I don't think things will get any better. My county's vaccination rate is 59%, I honestly don't think it will reach 70 or 80%. The 7 days average covid new cases is 388 (way better than it used to be) Yet, some hospitals are still overrun. It makes me believe that it really doesn't take much to overrun a hospital. So if somebody haven't had the vaccine, I would tell them, "Hey, maybe you should check out the monoclonal antibody treatment in case you are tested positive." I don't think it is a horrible idea.

The sad truth is that many don't even know this treatment exists.

Old 09-21-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
The way I see it? Their political views or their opinions of the vaccines should be ignored. (meaning, if you don't agree, just don't read it) We've all been there. Someone posts something, and someone comments that instead of being constructive or contributing to the debate simply responds in a way that is anything but productive. Reasoning and level discourse only exacerbate the situation.

In the end a post is hijacked.

The bottom line is that we just need to prevent hospitalization and we need to save as many lives as possible.

In real life, at least I can speak for the people I know. The only reason why many people don't want to get the vaccination is because they don't trust the vaccine to be effective or safe. It takes me three months to finally decide that I wanted to be vaccinated. So I don't think I personally can really blame those who just choose to "wait and see."

I don't think things will get any better. My county's vaccination rate is 59%, I honestly don't think it will reach 70 or 80%. The 7 days average covid new cases is 388 (way better than it used to be) Yet, some hospitals are still overrun. It makes me believe that it really doesn't take much to overrun a hospital. So if somebody haven't had the vaccine, I would tell them, "Hey, maybe you should check out the monoclonal antibody treatment in case you are tested positive." I don't think it is a horrible idea.

The sad truth is that many don't even know this treatment exists.
Good points.

I will be very interested to hear the stories from people - why they refused the vaccines, and yet took the monoclonal. Why they didn't trust the vaccine, yet trust the monoclonal. Why they think the vaccines are not effective and dangerous. And why the monoclonals are effective and safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies