Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-19-2021, 07:28 AM
 
2,039 posts, read 853,545 times
Reputation: 3584

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Why is the world would any sane hospital want unvaccinated staff wandering among vulnerable patients.

The unvaccinated have a much higher risk of catching Covid, transmitting Covid, and dying of Covid, not only increasing risk to patients, but increasing health care costs for the unvaccinated staff.

Would responsible restaurant owners retain employees who didn't believe in washing their hands or safe food handling procedures?

Perhaps unvaccinated medical folks could set up their own hospitals to deal with the unvaccinated folks who don't believe in science until they're sick.
This is not at all accurate my friend. Turn off the news and do some research. The latest studies show the following:

There are strong theories suggesting that the vaccinated actually can become infected much easier than those unvaccinated. There is a direct correlation to this. However, the vaccinated at this present time do not seem to get as sick from the virus. The vaccinated actually shed and carry a higher viral load when they become infected than those who are unvaccinated. The newest studies show that vaccinated people are much more contagious via a more massive viral load than those who are infected and unvaccinated. So if you’re vaccinated you may in fact be a super spreader. I know this sounds crazy to you but it’s actually what’s going on. Private entities are beginning to conduct their own studies like universities. And this is what their findings are starting to show them. The only advantage at this present time that will fade away is that you don’t get us sick from it but you still spread it. So you can be shedding this virus by the billions, like a walking petri dish and you wouldn’t even know it.

There is zero increased threat the hospital patients if they’re treated by vaccinated or unvaccinated healthcare worker. In fact, the risk is probably more significant because a vaccinated person will show no symptoms and won’t stay home when they are in fact completely infected with the virus. But even disadvantage of not becoming as sick when you’re vaccinated is fading. All you have to do is look at the charts and the data that are currently showing an increase each and every day of vaccinated people becoming severely sick and ending up in the hospital. Or even dying.

The vaccines don’t work, they’re not the answer for the way out of this, you need to just face that reality. Therapeutics in early treatment is probably the way that we’re going to deal with this virus. And as it should’ve been all along natural immunity. There’s one problem with that though as well. Those of you who got vaccinated and still catch the virus may not in fact develop the same level of natural immunity as those who are unvaccinated, catch the virus and get over it. Not good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-19-2021, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Southeast US
8,609 posts, read 2,307,481 times
Reputation: 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You do realize that there is already a healthcare worker shortage, right? And that the shortage is projected to get much worse even without the controversy over vaccines? While I agree that the equivalent of 61 full time employees is a drop in the bucket compared to the total number of employees, that’s 61 more empty positions in an area of industry which is already understaffed and which has no relief in sight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Its 61 people not adding to the problem. I call that a win.
it's pretty concerning when the problem is boiled down so succinctly.

Vaxxed & compliant = good.
Anything else - ANYTHING = bad and unacceptable and must be eradicated.

I haven't read the article, but what if these workers are previously infected and have immunity? That seems immaterial to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2021, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
31,340 posts, read 14,257,139 times
Reputation: 27861
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
This is not at all accurate my friend. Turn off the news and do some research. The latest studies show the following:

There are strong theories suggesting that the vaccinated actually can become infected much easier than those unvaccinated. There is a direct correlation to this. However, the vaccinated at this present time do not seem to get as sick from the virus. The vaccinated actually shed and carry a higher viral load when they become infected than those who are unvaccinated. The newest studies show that vaccinated people are much more contagious via a more massive viral load than those who are infected and unvaccinated. So if you’re vaccinated you may in fact be a super spreader. I know this sounds crazy to you but it’s actually what’s going on. Private entities are beginning to conduct their own studies like universities. And this is what their findings are starting to show them. The only advantage at this present time that will fade away is that you don’t get us sick from it but you still spread it. So you can be shedding this virus by the billions, like a walking petri dish and you wouldn’t even know it.

There is zero increased threat the hospital patients if they’re treated by vaccinated or unvaccinated healthcare worker. In fact, the risk is probably more significant because a vaccinated person will show no symptoms and won’t stay home when they are in fact completely infected with the virus. But even disadvantage of not becoming as sick when you’re vaccinated is fading. All you have to do is look at the charts and the data that are currently showing an increase each and every day of vaccinated people becoming severely sick and ending up in the hospital. Or even dying.

The vaccines don’t work, they’re not the answer for the way out of this, you need to just face that reality. Therapeutics in early treatment is probably the way that we’re going to deal with this virus. And as it should’ve been all along natural immunity. There’s one problem with that though as well. Those of you who got vaccinated and still catch the virus may not in fact develop the same level of natural immunity as those who are unvaccinated, catch the virus and get over it. Not good
Great post....

As long as the control-obsessed demoRATS don't try to lock down the world.... we'll be ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2021, 07:38 AM
 
3,076 posts, read 5,648,400 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
again. 125 out of 36,000.

Id rather have the care from the other 35,875 people. Those 125 dont change it from good to horrible. Its another example of misleading people.
Not misleading any one. Many hospitals if they lose even 20 to 30 nurses are going to be in trouble. Nebraska just started hiring unvaccinated nurses...well they did until Fuhrer Biden issued the mandate. Not sure what they are doing now, but I don't think they are going to comply with the mandate.

Do people go out to a bar or restaurant and ask everyone around them if they are vaccinated or not. Why are people so scared of the unvaccinated if this vaccine is so incredible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2021, 07:42 AM
 
3,076 posts, read 5,648,400 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Oh, wow. That is certainly food for thought.
Not only that, why is the CDC, FDA, postal employees, Congress and White House staff exempt for this mandate if this is such an emergency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2021, 07:42 AM
Status: "Smartened up and walked away!" (set 24 days ago)
 
11,774 posts, read 5,787,833 times
Reputation: 14191
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
again. 125 out of 36,000.

Id rather have the care from the other 35,875 people. Those 125 dont change it from good to horrible. Its another example of misleading people.
Obviously you haven't been in the hospital lately. I was in for a week last Dec. At that time here were 10-12 patients per nurse each shift vs the 5/6 they usually take care of each shift. The hospital had cut nurses aides from 2 per wing to 1 to be shared by both wings. TG, I was well enough to take care of myself as besides coming around very 4 hours for a temp check and blood pressure check as well as distribution of meds - they weren't available. The girl next to me with Down's Syndrome pooped here pants and sat in it for 1/2 hour after I finally called the desk because I felt so sorry for her.

There was no assistance to bathrooms - I had to ask for a toothbrush and washed with paper towels everyday as the nurses kept forgetting to bring me a towel and washcloth. Until you've been in the position - all you speak is rubbish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2021, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Southeast US
8,609 posts, read 2,307,481 times
Reputation: 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Again -- and I will post this comment on every relevant thread --

Why would those who see firsthand the worst cases of COVID (those hospitalized) more than any other group of people be resistant to taking a vaccine that could prevent them from being seriously ill and possibly dying?


Sure, I can see a small percentage refusing because of other conditions making the vaccine not suitable for them, and another percentage refusing due to the mRNA vaccines being tested, developed or produced with fetal cell lines derived from aborted fetuses, but I certainly don't think that a great many nurses and doctors refusing the vaccines because of that.

and this is why everyone should read the links (which sources to a Newsweek article). These weren't doctors and nurses. Yes, when actual care providers choose not to get vaccinated, we should ask "Why?" Is it a prior infection, and tested-immunity? If not, what's their hesitation? Something they've seen while providing care?

In this case:

Quote:
"Most of the employees who chose not to be vaccinated worked part time, less than part time or have not worked for a number of months and will have a minimal effect on staffing.

...IU Health faces staffing shortages like other hospitals, but its hospital and outpatient units are currently staffed and operational.

She also added that most employees who chose not to receive the COVID vaccine worked in nonclinical positions.
but, let's remember the so-called experts' position:

Quote:
"If you're seeking care at a health facility, you should be able to know that the people treating you are vaccinated. Simple. Straightforward. Period." Biden added.
which isn't simple or straightforward at all. Again, for MOST people, a prior infection provides immunity that is still effective. In a hospital setting, anyone who encounters patients is masked with more effective PPE than the average person walking down the street.

I think what one should expect is those in a "health facility" aren't operating at a higher risk of infection to patients than out in public.

Because the doctors and nurses especially, they signed on for MUCH higher exposure than we all encounter out in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2021, 07:47 AM
 
45,217 posts, read 26,427,822 times
Reputation: 24970
Trained staff being forced out or let go because they pose a risk, not to others, but to themselves. Which in the case of young staff/nurses is negligible at best. Let that idiocy sink in for a moment.
You know what other types of business models are run so recklessly? Ones that cant possibly go under in spite of their seemingly suicidal management decisions. Think airlines, automakers, banks... oh and the govt itself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2021, 07:49 AM
 
3,076 posts, read 5,648,400 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Obviously you haven't been in the hospital lately. I was in for a week last Dec. At that time here were 10-12 patients per nurse each shift vs the 5/6 they usually take care of each shift. The hospital had cut nurses aides from 2 per wing to 1 to be shared by both wings. TG, I was well enough to take care of myself as besides coming around very 4 hours for a temp check and blood pressure check as well as distribution of meds - they weren't available. The girl next to me with Down's Syndrome pooped here pants and sat in it for 1/2 hour after I finally called the desk because I felt so sorry for her.

There was no assistance to bathrooms - I had to ask for a toothbrush and washed with paper towels everyday as the nurses kept forgetting to bring me a towel and washcloth. Until you've been in the position - all you speak is rubbish.
It sucks, but wait until the this winter is is going to be a disaster. They will report hospitals are being overrun, when it will actually be a shortage of workers.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this winter will be the worst yet for hospitals and our so called healthcare (sick care) system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2021, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Southeast US
8,609 posts, read 2,307,481 times
Reputation: 2114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
All that is pretty complicated. Better: get vaccinated for covid or work somewhere else. (and good luck with that as now every facility that treats medicare or medicaid patients will have the same mandate).
it's too complicated for you that prior infection provides some immunity?

Have you seen any stats that say prior infected are more likely to have a reinfection than a vaxxed person is to have a breakthrough infection?

it's too complicated for people like you to tell us how we have to mask up to protect others? but then you are also admitting that masking does nothing to keep the infected from spreading the virus?

That is a complicated twisted position y'all put yourselves in.


Anything that is just "it's simple. you must get vaxxed" isn't simple at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top