Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 07:58 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
This is not at all accurate my friend. Turn off the news and do some research. The latest studies show the following:

There are strong theories suggesting that the vaccinated actually can become infected much easier than those unvaccinated. There is a direct correlation to this. However, the vaccinated at this present time do not seem to get as sick from the virus. The vaccinated actually shed and carry a higher viral load when they become infected than those who are unvaccinated. The newest studies show that vaccinated people are much more contagious via a more massive viral load than those who are infected and unvaccinated.
I'm afraid you'll need to provide links for these claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 08:00 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
“After a two-week unpaid suspension period ending Sept. 14, a total of 125 employees, the equivalent of 61 full-time employees, chose not to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and have left the organization.”

At some point the hospitals will realize they can't afford to lose any more money and will lift the mandate, reasoning that these people worked through the pandemic when there were no vax and no therapeutics and are just fine.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_br...rbkzhyug%3D%3D
This hospital system has more than 36,000 employees, most of whom were vaccinated BEFORE the hospital mandated it.

125 / 36,000+ employees, not all clinical, are no longer employed with this hospital system is called turnover.

Old 09-19-2021, 08:09 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Not only that, why is the CDC, FDA, postal employees, Congress and White House staff exempt for this mandate if this is such an emergency.
y'all need to get with the updates and get off the conspiracy memes. That's from August, before Biden's newest proclamation

USPS will be just as subject to the OSHA mandate when it comes as any large employer - though they'll likely fight it.

They weren't subject to Biden's EO on Federal employees or Federal contractors.

as to the other agencies you named, they were ALL subject to the EO: get vaxxed or get tested regularly. And now Biden has changed. He just can't force the other branches of government (Congress & judicial) nor can he force state/local governments.

Old 09-19-2021, 08:10 AM

6,383 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Every time one of these threads comes up, it still amazes me how vile some of the "Pro Vaccination" crowd is.

These are medical professionals that have been on the "Front lines" since the beginning. These are people that were treated as "hero's" and people that we couldn't do without.

We now have shortages in all of these areas, and a group of people who have not gotten the vaccine is now treated like they don't deserve to do anything more than work at the corner fast food restaurant. The people pushing the vaccine should perhaps take a step back and wonder why there are so many people willing to actually lose their job rather than get the vaccine. Unfortunately, the pro-vaccine crowd just sees them as some unintelligent boobs who probably couldn't read a thermometer. I really wonder when "push comes to shove" and a doctor said to a person "Hello I am Dr. Smith and you are going to die if you don't get treated, but I am not vaccinated. Do you want me to treat you". I wonder how many of these people would say No?

It would be different if the vaccine prevented a person from getting or spreading COVID...but it doesn't. Not to mention that nurses and doctors are perhaps the least likely to spread COVID. Unlike the typical "common" Pro-Vaxxer they know how to properly use PPE, they aren't going to go walking around with some cloth mask that they have worn an entire day.

Next up...reports how the hospitals in the area are at capacity and they need more medical professionals.

Old 09-19-2021, 08:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Houston Methodist Hospital System with more than 25,000 employees (not all clinical) was among the first hospital systems to mandate vaccines and did so in early April, 2021. At the time, most of these employees were already vaccinated.

178/ 25,000+ employees ( not all clinical) chose to not be vaccinated and sued. Texas Judge dismissed the suit.

Most hospitals systems in the US mandate vaccines and did so without any regulatory mandate.

Old 09-19-2021, 08:18 AM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Let them "fight" the mandates all the way to either the Un Employment Line or their next Job at Taco Bell.

Somehow Drug Testing by a Company is Ok but getting Vaccinated for a deadly Pandemic Virus isn't?
You say it's OK.
Did you know the testing helps companies get a better insurance rate that was in effect a bribe?

Old 09-19-2021, 08:20 AM

3,646 posts, read 1,600,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
again. 125 out of 36,000.

Id rather have the care from the other 35,875 people. Those 125 dont change it from good to horrible. Its another example of misleading people.
If there was a real covid crises at Indiana hospitals they wouldn't let one nurse go, vaxed or not. You can get tested for covid for one.

But who is misleading who? To get true data let's go directly to hhs.gov and see what's going on in Indiana. From hhs.gov for Indiana:

Total Indiana ICU beds: 2,168
ICU Indian beds in use: 1,697
Total Indiana percent ICU beds in use: 78.27% <-- IS 78% A CRISES?

Total ICU beds in use for covid: 660 (32.23%) <-- IS 32% A CRISES?

https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages...al-utilization

As for US ICU bed totals:
80% in use
29% for covid

Old 09-19-2021, 08:23 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Every time one of these threads comes up, it still amazes me how vile some of the "Pro Vaccination" crowd is.

These are medical professionals that have been on the "Front lines" since the beginning. These are people that were treated as "hero's" and people that we couldn't do without.

We now have shortages in all of these areas, and a group of people who have not gotten the vaccine is now treated like they don't deserve to do anything more than work at the corner fast food restaurant. The people pushing the vaccine should perhaps take a step back and wonder why there are so many people willing to actually lose their job rather than get the vaccine. Unfortunately, the pro-vaccine crowd just sees them as some unintelligent boobs who probably couldn't read a thermometer. I really wonder when "push comes to shove" and a doctor said to a person "Hello I am Dr. Smith and you are going to die if you don't get treated, but I am not vaccinated. Do you want me to treat you". I wonder how many of these people would say No?

It would be different if the vaccine prevented a person from getting or spreading COVID...but it doesn't. Not to mention that nurses and doctors are perhaps the least likely to spread COVID. Unlike the typical "common" Pro-Vaxxer they know how to properly use PPE, they aren't going to go walking around with some cloth mask that they have worn an entire day.

Next up...reports how the hospitals in the area are at capacity and they need more medical professionals.
Excellent points. Many in this pro vax group are also forgetting how many healthcare workers already have natural immunity. They ARE following the science. The US is the only country that doesn't recognize natural immunity. Pretty odd...

Old 09-19-2021, 08:25 AM

10,089 posts, read 7,763,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
If it does, it'll mark a distinct turning point in our nation's history. Could very well be referred to as the beginning of something in the history books, depending on how this all plays out.
Anything that causes destruction, Teleprompter Joey will allow. Crazy that he only mandates certain people. How the heck does he expect results by only allowing a few to be mandated. It's clear that protecting the American people and keeping them healthy is not the goal. If it were he'd make sure all illegals get the vaccine and all Federal employees including USPS and congress.

He wants illegals not to get the vaccine so they can spread the virus so they once again can cheat at the elections in 2022 and 2024. He needs to keep this virus spreading.

Old 09-19-2021, 08:38 AM

27,139 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
We all know that the Vaccines we have available to us doesn't prevent transmission of the Virus.
It's to prevent us from dying from it.

I recently knew of a acquaintance of our family who contracted the Mumps because he was never Vaccinated with the MRM Vaccine and subsequently died from it.
From experience, not from what we were told.
Remember when 95% efficacy meant there was a 5% chance you could get infected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies