Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 01:05 PM

19,799 posts, read 9,336,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have a very good friend living in Alabama, and he lost his brother to covid. The brother is only 29 years old. He was a healthy man who was not even slightly overweight. My friend still doesn't want to get vaccination and there is nothing really you can do about people like him.

In the beginning of the pandemic, he even offered to take my entire family in his house because he thought California was unsafe.

My friend is a veteran and he is college graduated. I don't know why he doesn't want to be vaccinated, but the reason is really irrelevant. You cannot convince people like him.
Do you know if your friend's son was vaccinated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 01:10 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Do you know if your friend's son was vaccinated?
My friend's son? You mean his brother? No, not vaccinated.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:12 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, please. This very site is rife with antivaxxers who are NOT illegals. The rightwing boards and forums are rife with antivaxxers who are NOT illegals. The red states have dismal vaccination rates because they are filled with antivaxxers who are NOT illegals.

Nice try, but it's your own party's base that are the antivaxxers, and it is they who are, as we speak, overrunning our healthcare system and keeping this pandemic going.
Most people who are hesitant about this vaccine aren’t antivaxxers.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:12 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How did Fauci down play it ?
Fauci said, “Obviously, you need to take it seriously and do the kind of things the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Department of Homeland Security is doing. But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”

Fauci said. “The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously.”

so all of a sudden....when Trump repeats Fauci.....Trump's advisor....it's Trump's fault

Old 09-19-2021, 01:13 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I agree with this.

Everyone (I know) who hasn't gotten the vaccination is not against vaccination. They just don't trust this vaccination, which is understandable I think.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Fauci said, “Obviously, you need to take it seriously and do the kind of things the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Department of Homeland Security is doing. But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”

Fauci said. “The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously.”

so all of a sudden....when Trump repeats Fauci.....Trump's advisor....it's Trump's fault
Right now is the key word. that quote is from like January 10th of 2020. I think we may have had 3 confirmed cases in the entire US.

It wasnt a threat at the time. How do you people not understand the passage of time and new information being gathered ???????????

Old 09-19-2021, 01:53 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Right now is the key word. that quote is from like January 10th of 2020. I think we may have had 3 confirmed cases in the entire US.

It wasnt a threat at the time. How do you people not understand the passage of time and new information being gathered ???????????
January 21...and January 26.....and it's the same time line people are accusing Trump of downplaying it

Fauci was Trump's advisor......Fauci was the one advising Trump

...and the same time line democrats were accusing Trump of being xenophobic for Trump wanting to ban flights

Old 09-19-2021, 01:57 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Do they not realize that the Covid vaccine has the same full FDA approval as other vaccines such as Shingrex and tetanus?

Old 09-19-2021, 02:00 PM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Died with covid vs died of covid. Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

The death rate would be much if the left leaning media and their useful idiots cared more about the life of the individual instead of their party. They ignore studies and lie about the benefits of ivermectin.

The worst part about these hypocrites is they yell from the rooftops about getting vaccinated so others won't be harmed yet lie about the benefits of other types of treatments. Scum, every single one of them.
Does Ivermectin have full FDA approval yet? Does Plaquinel? What treatment has full FDA approval? None.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:01 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
the o.p. gleefully exclaimed
What about the OP's statement of "very bad news" did you misunderstand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies