Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2021, 05:39 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Wrong because you don't like to think of it that way.

When you look at the USA -- there is a significant gun violence issue.

It is true -- local laws/restrictions do little to address it when you don't have a federal policy -- given 'open state borders'.

I am not arguing for or against any gun contorl legislation but it is what it is the USA has a serious problem with gun violence incidents.
"Wrong because you don't like to think of it that way.

No,YOU are the wrong one.

"When you look at the USA -- there is a significant gun violence issue."

You make the claim, YOU back it up.

"America does not have a gun violence problem. America has a suicide and inner city gang violence problem. I think it’s fair to say, for something to be a national problem, epidemic, or whatever questionably hyperbolic adjective you want to use, it would at least be in the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. but gun violence is nowhere to be found on that list. You want to know what is, though. Suicide.
On average, 36,383 people die from guns in this country annually. Of that 36,383, 22,274 are suicide while 12,830 are homicides. Twenty percent of all firearm homicides occur in the 25 largest U.S. cities. Of the 12,830 homicides in the U.S., nearly 81 percent occur in urban areas. That’s a nice way of saying the ghetto or inner-city. So essentially, if you don’t live in an inner city, your chances of dying from gun violence is incredibly low."

"The mere fact that firearm homicides are so heavily concentrated in the inner city should tell you that this isn’t a gun issue"

"https://hookandbarrel.com/featured/america-does-not-have-a-gun-violence-problem/

I know you won't but, you really should read the entire article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2021, 03:43 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,236,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I posted multiple links to the most violent US city lists, and there were plenty of Republican and Democrat cities on all the lists.
In the lists I found, there were more than twice as many cities headed by Democrats than those who had elected Republican mayors. There were only three in the top 30 on this list.

Party affiliation of the mayors of the 100 largest cities

Perhaps those who vote Republican prefer not to live in large urban centers. It is clear that most people who live in large cities elect Democrats as mayors.

The largest city with a Republican mayor is Jacksonville, which apparently is still holding the title of murder capital of Florida.

Overall crime rate drops, but Jacksonville is still the murder capital of Florida

According to City-Data, the second-largest city with a Republican mayor, Fort Worth, Texas,
Quote:
The 2019 crime rate in Fort Worth, TX is 279 (City-Data.com crime index), which is about the average for the U.S. cities. It was higher than in 81.4% U.S. cities.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/crime/crim...rth-Texas.html
Again per City-Data, the only other Republican-led city among the thirty largest cities, Oklahoma City is also crime-ridden.

Quote:
The 2019 crime rate in Oklahoma City, OK is 443 (City-Data.com crime index), which is 1.6 times greater than the U.S. average. It was higher than in 93.5% U.S. cities.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/crime/crim...-Oklahoma.html
One can cross reference the most dangerous cities with their partisan leadership but it is time-consuming.

Old 09-27-2021, 03:55 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I gave multiple lists of the most dangerous cities by multiple, non biased news agencies.

They did not go by size, because really, that doesn't have much to do with it.

Just the most dangerous cities to live in.

I'm sure I could cherry pick by various parameters and come out with Republican cities are the worst, but that is stupid.

Just a list of the most violent cities, and it shows both Republican and Democrat led. That's it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-01-2021, 03:17 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times
All of you who bashed Minneapolis after George Floyd was murdered….. look what really was happening:

https://www.joemygod.com/2021/10/far...floyd-protest/

Old 10-01-2021, 03:27 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
FBI report came out and violent crime is up everywhere, rural, urban, Dem, Rep..... it's all up right now.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies