Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 09:19 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times

Advertisements

We’ve seen parents attack teachers and other students, customers at restaurants or grocery stores and now this:

Texas Restaurant Kicks Out Family for Wearing Masks to Protect Immunocompromised 4-Month-Old

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-...=home?ref=home

Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 09:22 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,072 times
its Texas, they are tough hombres down there

Old 09-20-2021, 09:23 AM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Oh well. I’m sure they can find a place that will let them wear their masks.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:25 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
We’ve seen parents attack teachers and other students, customers at restaurants or grocery stores and now this:

Texas Restaurant Kicks Out Family for Wearing Masks to Protect Immunocompromised 4-Month-Old

Why?
They were quite clear in the article that it was a politica stance. Why? I don't know.

That said, that parents are stupid. If they have an immunocompromised infant at home, having THEM go into a restaurant where no one is masking is just stupid. The mask is most effective only when infected people are wearing them. Unless you're wearing an N95, your mask barely protects you. It's something I guess, better than 0% but the protection is very low if no one around you is wearing a mask.

They are just clueless if they think they are protecting themselves in that scenario.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:26 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:

Why?

I suspect the owner is simply tired of demanding, authoritarian maskholes, and is just over it like so many of us.

Personally, I would have let them stay.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:27 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
As long as my rights to unmask are not infringed I don't care if someone else wears a mask. Now for parents who majority want their students unmasked, they have to try to recall the school boards or get them to resign, in order to get the mandate voluntary. It's a matter of forcing one's beliefs on another person versus giving them a choice.

My body, my choice. You maskhole.

Kicking out someone for wearing a mask seems incredibly stupid unless you're working in a bank and the guy is holding a gun or knife demanding money.... but hey, more power to them. Maybe they knew it would get media attention and give them free publicity.

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Hardly punishment.
His business, his rules.
Go to a different restaurant. One that requires masks.
How people can eat with those on is beyond me.

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Why? Ask the people you're upset with. Why are you asking us? Did the article cite a motive? Didn't read it, so don't know/care. Just wondering why you're asking us why someone else did something.

Should we ask you why the supermarket checker has pink hair?

Old 09-20-2021, 09:40 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,058,815 times
Quote:

Why?
Quote:
Why Are Anti Maskers Punishing Parents (or Anyone) Who Chooses to Mask?
Do you generalize much? One restaurant kicks people out for wearing a mask. And maybe a few other isolated cases. Does that warrant the statement "Why Are Anti Maskers Punishing Parents (or Anyone) Who Chooses to Mask?"

My aunt was mugged twice by some mexican kids. Does that warrant why are mexicans mugging old white ladies?
I don't think so.

As a second point the story just sounds a little suspicious to me.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:50 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,307,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
Do you generalize much? One restaurant kicks people out for wearing a mask. And maybe a few other isolated cases. Does that warrant the statement "Why Are Anti Maskers Punishing Parents (or Anyone) Who Chooses to Mask?"

My aunt was mugged twice by some mexican kids. Does that warrant why are mexicans mugging old white ladies?
I don't think so.

As a second point the story just sounds a little suspicious to me.
well, read the article then.

The owner confirmed it.

Now, did this couple do this for attention or "politics"? Who knows. We do know the yelp mafia has overtaken their reviews
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies