Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 11:36 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,277,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Sounds like this teacher was a Karen. Why the need for an officer? Why the need to demand kids stand at a pep rally?
WHERE is the video of the incident? The Lawton School District said, in a statement, "The district can also confirm that no person was arrested, handcuffed, or disciplined at LPS, nor would we do so for refusing to stand for the National Anthem. Unfortunately, we are unable to comment on anything that relates to students due to privacy laws."

Sorry, but to me, ti sounds like two girls were suspended and now their Mama is spreading a tale about why, instead of the real reason. She knows the school cannot disclose why they were really suspended.

I'll be convinced otherwise when I see the video of police arresting and handcuffing the girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 04:23 AM

58,666 posts, read 27,018,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Can someone please explain the purpose of saying the pledge? Why would you pledge allegiance to a flag? Children never receive any explanation for why they are required to do this, they are just told to do it.
"Why would you pledge allegiance to a flag?"

Are you really this uneducated"?

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Must be dem controlled public school "educated"!

Old 09-23-2021, 07:19 AM

20,103 posts, read 16,069,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Yes, I believe it was the case of Karen vs. rude children. We all know if Karen cries and often if she lies, the police come running. I don’t believe all the other children were standing for the anthem at the pep rally. Half the time children don’t stand at those events. The teacher likely called them out, knowing they would be rude and she could make a deal out of it. They should not have been rude but the entire scenario was unnecessary.
Exactly, which is why this story makes zero sense. Those girls were doing something other than just sitting there. The school can’t say anything, other than the cryptic “part of the details are missing” comment. I am sure there is quite a bit missing between they were sitting during the anthem and they were arrested.

Old 09-23-2021, 07:53 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,906,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Can someone please explain the purpose of saying the pledge? Why would you pledge allegiance to a flag? Children never receive any explanation for why they are required to do this, they are just told to do it.
Children are being taught to respect their flag and their country "for which it stands." You have to pay attention to the whole sentence, not just the first 6 words.

If you can't understand why children should be taught to respect their flag and country, then I have no words to help you understand why.

Old 09-23-2021, 08:00 AM

15,068 posts, read 6,133,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Exactly, which is why this story makes zero sense. Those girls were doing something other than just sitting there. The school can’t say anything, other than the cryptic “part of the details are missing” comment. I am sure there is quite a bit missing between they were sitting during the anthem and they were arrested.
Not unlikely and that’s the whole problem. We will never know the real story here. My friend’s son goes to the other high school, unfortunately so I couldn’t get any info. I could look up the local pages but maybe when I have some free time.

But none of this surprises me…it’s Lawton.

Old 09-23-2021, 08:02 AM

15,068 posts, read 6,133,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Why would you pledge allegiance to a flag?"

Are you really this uneducated"?

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
Must be dem controlled public school "educated"!
Some people do not believe in pledging allegiance to any person or thing except God.

Old 09-23-2021, 08:49 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,236,522 times
Quote:
Great song. I’d be willing to bet they don’t know it.
No, it really isn't a great song.

More like a long winded whine.

Old 09-23-2021, 08:55 AM

14,465 posts, read 11,236,522 times
Quote:
Some people do not believe in pledging allegiance to any person or thing except God.
You don't seem to understand what allegiance means. It has nothing to do with one's immortal soul or anything like that. It's just pledging that your not going to screw the nation and its people over.

Old 09-23-2021, 11:33 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,172,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Why?
When my niece first started school they taught her the pledge of allegiance. She would come home sometimes and say it, and I used to think it was kind of cute. I would even say it with her like it was her ABC's.

It didn't occur to me at the time how utterly absurd it was. Why would they have my six-year old niece pledging her allegiance? You don't develop the ability to reason until you're seven.

https://www.scholastic.com/parents/f...ge-reason.html

She literally had no idea what she was even saying. She has no idea what the flag even represents. Which is exactly the point. The whole purpose of the pledge of allegiance is social-conditioning. The same is true for the National Anthem.

The point of the National Anthem isn't to celebrate the country, it is to prove your loyalty. If you stand for the National Anthem then you are showing everyone around you that you're a patriotic American. If you don't, you show them you're basically a traitor. It is why the same people who stand in public, don't stand in private, and especially not if they're alone.

All of these pledges and loyalty tests are created by governments to legitimize their authority and to gain obedience from their citizens. It is the same reason Kings would require oaths of loyalty for their subjects/soldiers/etc. The military also requires this oath, and after the Civil War they forced all of the southerners to make an oath.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_oath

You have to imagine that you're an alien from outer space and you saw a bunch of children pledging their allegiance to flags, you would think these people were absolutely insane. It is North Korea-tier.

Old 09-23-2021, 11:35 AM

14,856 posts, read 8,172,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
You're entitled to your opinion.
It was a joke. Do you get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies