Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 04:04 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Bet they would have stood for the black national anthem.
I mean yeah. You think you're proving one point but it's the other way. LMAO

The Star Spangled Banner was written by a slave owner with lyrics about killing slaves in it.

"Lift Every Voice and Sing" is none of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 04:07 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Most of these anthem protesters are just attention whores who would not last 15 minutes in a country that was not the United States.
you can literally choose not to pay attention to them. The issue is you all see people NOT standing and you get into this fake patriotic B-S.

Why do you truly care if another person is sitting during the anthem? This is not a rhetoric question...anybody is welcome to answer.

Old 09-21-2021, 04:14 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Just polled the younger group I work with. Eight of them. They range in age from 24 - 36. Nobody sat.
Interesting. Where did they grow up? I’m curious. Did you mean they didn’t sit or the entire class stood/was required to stand?

If I remember correctly, the only time it was a requirement for me was in elementary school and we stood for the U.S. and Christian flags (religious schools).

Old 09-21-2021, 04:15 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:

The teacher should not have insisted they stood but I'd be willing to bet that these little animals took it to whole other level.
Bet you they wouldn’t have. In fact, I’ll bet they don’t even know the words. A lot of these young people do not know such upstanding lyrics.

Old 09-21-2021, 04:28 PM

1,997 posts, read 861,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
you can literally choose not to pay attention to them. The issue is you all see people NOT standing and you get into this fake patriotic B-S.

Why do you truly care if another person is sitting during the anthem? This is not a rhetoric question...anybody is welcome to answer.
It's simply disrespectful. If you're in a situation where it It's played, and others are standing, why not stand? We all know people that don't are just trying to **** people off. If you feel that strongly than excuse yourself. But, don’t make a scene.

Old 09-21-2021, 05:41 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
If you and those like you left, the country would be improved immediately.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, no matter how boneheaded it may be.

We really make you feel guilty, don't we...?

Old 09-21-2021, 06:29 PM

162 posts, read 60,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Most of these anthem protesters are just attention whores who would not last 15 minutes in a country that was not the United States.
EXACTLY!

Old 09-21-2021, 06:41 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:

The teacher should not have insisted they stood but I'd be willing to bet that these little animals took it to whole other level.
They are free to stand or sit for whatever they want.

Old 09-21-2021, 06:42 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Interesting. Where did they grow up? I’m curious. Did you mean they didn’t sit or the entire class stood/was required to stand?

If I remember correctly, the only time it was a requirement for me was in elementary school and we stood for the U.S. and Christian flags (religious schools).
Ha! I knew you were going to ask that. Good question.

Five were from Chicago/Chicago suburbs, one from NJ, one from Georgia and one from Iowa. Two went to Catholic grade schools and high schools. One went to a Catholic grade school, public high school. The others were public schools only. They all went to college but didn't even ask about that.

When I say nobody sat - they told me NOBODY in their classes ever sat during the Pledge of Allegiance or when singing the National Anthem. They were shocked people do that.

Could this be a thing one or two kids started in your school and other kids just picked it up? Could it be regional? Where did you go to school?

Old 09-21-2021, 06:42 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Values start at home mostly, maybe parents should teach their kids to value the U.S.A. That and weed out all the Marxists who are indoctrinating leftist ideals in schools.

This country is in a cold war now, and some patriotic values need to be installed again. That is not saying don't criticize the country and have critical thinking skills, but many kids are being indoctrinated to believe the U.S.A is fundamentally wrongful country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XPZ1l5rrys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies