Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 08:23 AM

947 posts, read 297,195 times

Advertisements

You know me - I like to find solutions that involve compromise. How's this:

1) All illegals who have lived here without any (additional) criminal action will be converted to "PIL" - protected illegal" - in which they will be assigned a PIL number that can be used to pay taxes. This way, they won't have to choose between working under the table and paying no tax, or stealing someone else's SS number. As long as the PIL remains law-abiding and pays an annual fee equivalent to 3% of his income, he can remain without fear of deportation. (The annual fee can go to the "Educational Support Fund for Children of Illegal Aliens.") That amount could be collected as part of his tax return, which he completes with his PIL number.

2) Any illegal convicted of a misdemeanor (or worse) will be deported. We have enough criminals as it is.

3) Any illegal over the age of 21 without a high school diploma will be deported. We have enough uneducated people as it is, and this group of illegals are the ones whose anchor babies would get freebies to share with the family.

It is important to realize that PILs will not vote.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:25 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Sounds good to me !

Old 09-21-2021, 08:27 AM

947 posts, read 297,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sounds good to me !
Maybe Biden should appoint ME in charge of the illegal immigration problem. I've got lots of other good ideas.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:35 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
what's the cutoff for who qualifies? Whatever day this law passes? 12/31/20 (when Biden said)? July 2012 (DACA EO)?

What about the estimated (in 2019) 3MM who went through the system, were given deportation orders, and fled into the shadows?

Do they get this privilege?

Old 09-21-2021, 08:38 AM

62,944 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDonna View Post

1) All illegals who have lived here without any (additional) criminal action will be converted to "PIL" - protected illegal" - in which they will be assigned a PIL number that can be used to pay taxes. This way, they won't have to choose between working under the table and paying no tax, or stealing someone else's SS number. As long as the PIL remains law-abiding and pays an annual fee equivalent to 3% of his income, he can remain without fear of deportation. (The annual fee can go to the "Educational Support Fund for Children of Illegal Aliens.") That amount could be collected as part of his tax return, which he completes with his PIL number.

2) Any illegal convicted of a misdemeanor (or worse) will be deported. We have enough criminals as it is.

3) Any illegal over the age of 21 without a high school diploma will be deported. We have enough uneducated people as it is, and this group of illegals are the ones whose anchor babies would get freebies to share with the family.

Hmm, you seem to have moved left on this issue from your initial position. I swore that before you wanted all illegals deported. There should be no compromise on that. I am not going to even address the rest of your post which shouldn't happen and won't work anyway and allowing their presence to continue here instead of deporting them is not in the best interests of this country nor American citizens and that's the bottom line. Either we have immigration laws or we don't. Have you already forgotten what happened after the last amnesty?

Old 09-21-2021, 08:44 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
There's already the Taxpayer ID number.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:46 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
Quote:
Maybe Biden should appoint ME in charge of the illegal immigration problem. I've got lots of other good ideas.
Don't quit your Day Job.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:48 AM

10,479 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Horrible idea and every single one in the United States needs to be deported like the US did in the 1930's. Keeping them here is an easy solution, however the act of coming is CRIMINAL and all this does is create more incentives for them to come here.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:49 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:

Let's hold up the rule of law and deport them.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:54 AM

9,419 posts, read 11,162,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Hmm, you seem to have moved left on this issue from your initial position. I swore that before you wanted all illegals deported. There should be no compromise on that. I am not going to even address the rest of your post which shouldn't happen and won't work anyway and allowing their presence to continue here instead of deporting them is not in the best interests of this country nor American citizens and that's the bottom line. Either we have immigration laws or we don't. Have you already forgotten what happened after the last amnesty?
And of course we need a POTUS who obeys the laws. Today we do not.
You are 100% correct and on track here. No borders no nation. Currently invasion is being encouraged (remember the illegals after the inauguration with BIDEN T-shirts and caps?) Real difficult to figure this out.

Currently we're being invaded to the tune of about three million illegals per year. The number one job of government is to protect citizens. CITIZENS.
This INVSION includes cartel members, child rapists and general rapists, human traffickers, disease-riddled from every nation on earth, countless criminals in general and terrorists in particular.

It's hard to imagine that Xoe Xiden is not actively working for a hostile power. They would do nothing differently.

Meanwhile, Nero fiddles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Don't quit your Day Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Horrible idea and every single one in the United States needs to be deported like the US did in the 1930's. Keeping them here is an easy solution, however the act of coming is CRIMINAL and all this does is create more incentives for them to come here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies