Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 12:19 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

No, because they had such a wide spread that almost everyone got exposed. Most people who's vulnerable is already dead or recovered. They had as close to an involuntary forced herd immunity as you can get.

Old 09-22-2021, 05:27 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
You cite Chinas rona numbers (which are absurd).....anybody ever wonder how a nation of 1 billion people can have a fraction of rona cases and deaths that we do? You leftists don’t really believe it’s because they “stayed home and stayed safe do you? Or is it because they masked up? LOL.
Sorry to disappoint but I am not at all a leftist. I am not a kool-aid drinker for either side. I don't mask up or stay home. However I did get your attention. We don't know the real numbers in China or India. That was my point. For most of the pandemic its been said India is way under-reporting its cases. I have started threads saying the Chinese numbers are fake. Wake up. If you have a critical eye towards what the left says you need the same regarding the right. Don't just pick a side and defend it no matter what.

Quote:
Truth is that when you make the virus you likely have the treatment or vaccine from the get go right. Chinas coronavirus numbers are literally proof of their guilt in releasing the virus from the Wuhan institute of Virology. The government of China is a group of criminals.
I started a thread a couple days back:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ronavirus.html

You don't have to tell me about China. I agree their low case numbers mean either they have the treatment for a virus they created or they are fake. But Ivermectin I have my doubts. It might help in some cases. But stating that India has stopped covid with it when there are likely 300,000 people a day in India getting sick is simply a lie. Both the left and right lie all the time. That is why I am not with either side.

Old 09-22-2021, 07:33 AM

9,470 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Sorry to disappoint but I am not at all a leftist. I am not a kool-aid drinker for either side. I don't mask up or stay home. However I did get your attention. We don't know the real numbers in China or India. That was my point. For most of the pandemic its been said India is way under-reporting its cases. I have started threads saying the Chinese numbers are fake. Wake up. If you have a critical eye towards what the left says you need the same regarding the right. Don't just pick a side and defend it no matter what.

I started a thread a couple days back:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...ronavirus.html

You don't have to tell me about China. I agree their low case numbers mean either they have the treatment for a virus they created or they are fake. But Ivermectin I have my doubts. It might help in some cases. But stating that India has stopped covid with it when there are likely 300,000 people a day in India getting sick is simply a lie. Both the left and right lie all the time. That is why I am not with either side.
Actually I don’t believe all the Ivermectin hype either. While I hold mostly right positions on most things, I don’t drink their kool aid either. I don’t believe in the masks or lockdowns and I detest the vaccine mandates on the principle of freedom of choice but I myself chose to be vaccinated way back in March. I don’t neatly fit into the stereotype of what lefties expect of someone who holds the views I do.

Old 09-22-2021, 07:36 AM

4,298 posts, read 1,556,670 times
How are you measuring 'freedom'? A country with a caste system is certainly no more free than the US.

Old 09-22-2021, 08:56 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,877,686 times
fewer rona cases and deaths that we do?

I don't wonder at all. Think. Do math. Now who here (USA) was most likely to die or show severe symptoms?

Ya ready? OLD PEOPLE. Do you disagree?

Now - who (as a percentage, it not an actual number) has far more OLD PEOPLE? Uh, that would be the USA. Your life expectancy in India is ALREADY low.

So - since COVID mainly affects older people - I would expect and have always expected India's numbers to be better than ours. It's not any kind of mystery.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:31 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Actually I don’t believe all the Ivermectin hype either. While I hold mostly right positions on most things, I don’t drink their kool aid either. I don’t believe in the masks or lockdowns and I detest the vaccine mandates on the principle of freedom of choice but I myself chose to be vaccinated way back in March. I don’t neatly fit into the stereotype of what lefties expect of someone who holds the views I do.
Fair enough. I also am against vaccine mandates. As I have said on here many times I think we should have let delta spread far and wide in this country. High risk people can stay home. Quicker everyone gets exposed to delta or has been vaccinated we would slow the pandemic way down here. Worst case we get a couple months break. Best case there will be no new variants that will slip past those exposed. At least not serious illness and we get behind all of this.

Old 09-22-2021, 07:27 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Why don’t you take a trip to India and find out first hand for us?

Old 09-22-2021, 07:55 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
No one government entity mandating you get a vaccine unless it's required for your job (for example, I had to get several vaccines as part of my job in the military).

Old 09-22-2021, 08:15 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Fair enough. I also am against vaccine mandates. As I have said on here many times I think we should have let delta spread far and wide in this country. High risk people can stay home. Quicker everyone gets exposed to delta or has been vaccinated we would slow the pandemic way down here. Worst case we get a couple months break. Best case there will be no new variants that will slip past those exposed. At least not serious illness and we get behind all of this.

High Risk people can stay home. Did you know that high risk people comprise 4 in 10 adults. That is 40% of adults that you are expecting to stay home. Do you really think that is reasonable?

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covi...h-coronavirus/
Quote:
Key Findings
About four in ten adults (37.6%) ages 18 and older in the U.S. (92.6 million people) have a higher risk of developing serious illness if they become infected with coronavirus, due to their older age (65 and older) or health condition (Figure 1; Table 1).
Just over half of those at higher risk of developing a serious illness are ages 65 and older (55.2% or 51.1 million adults); however, the remaining 41.4 million adults ages 18-64 are at risk due to an underlying medical condition.
The share of adults ages 18 and older who have a higher risk of developing a more serious illness varies across the country, ranging from 49.3 percent (West Virginia) to 30 percent (Utah).
In some of the states with the highest number of reported coronavirus cases thus far, the share of adults at high risk of serious illness if infected is relatively high: Louisiana and Florida (at 42.1 percent, each) and Michigan (41.2 percent).
An estimated 5.1 million adults who are at higher risk of getting a serious illness if they become infected with coronavirus are uninsured.

Old 09-23-2021, 08:08 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
I am continually amazed that both left and right trot out some random country that is allegedly doing something superior to conquer COVID while we American rubes just sit and bathe in our ignorance. If we only did this- the ongoing urban myth dictates- we would be fine, but Trump/Biden/Liberals/Conservatives somehow squelch it.

For awhile it was New Zealand, South Korea, and Taiwan being touted by the left while the right countered with Sweden, ironically enough. Someone did throw India out around a year ago and then slithered away after the place became a cesspool of infections. Australia was touted too, but seems to have fallen out of favor. Can't imagine why. Europe as a whole ruled the day for a time until some of us pointed out that Spain, Belgium, the UK, and Italy had worse rates than us.

NOBODY has a silver bullet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies