Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 10:05 PM

1,111 posts, read 748,147 times

Advertisements

This fact alone should prove that democrat policies are objectively worse. When will they actually learn?

https://www.northamerican.com/migration-map

Last edited by JDproAV; 09-21-2021 at 10:16 PM..

Old 09-21-2021, 10:17 PM

374 posts, read 257,755 times
Republicans seem to have this inherent allergy to anything 'liberal' whereas most Democrats don't really seem to care one way or the other if a given location swings liberal or conservative so long as it suits their needs.

Source: Personal observations and experience. There will of course always be exceptions to the rule but you'd have to go interview every single liberal-leaning person who moved to a more conservative place to be sure.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:28 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,004,329 times
Democrats are fleeing housing and other COL prices, it has nothing to do with politics. And urban folk tend to be more "open", including openness to moving, traveling, and adapting to new cultures. Of course, this isn't a rule.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:38 PM

8,509 posts, read 4,750,085 times
I’m sure a part of that has to indirectly do with politics - things underlying that such as taxes and COL - but undertaking a move, IMHO rarely has to do with politics itself. I grew up in a lefty state, have lived in a righty one, and am planning to move to another lefty state. Politics aren’t much of why I did any of that.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:45 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,122,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith32 View Post
Republicans seem to have this inherent allergy to anything 'liberal' whereas most Democrats don't really seem to care one way or the other if a given location swings liberal or conservative so long as it suits their needs.

Source: Personal observations and experience. There will of course always be exceptions to the rule but you'd have to go interview every single liberal-leaning person who moved to a more conservative place to be sure.
The problem is they come, they don't just bring their belongings, they bring their politics. When enough invade your city/state they vote in the same crap they ran from...they never seem to learn that it's their politics that are the problem.

Old 09-21-2021, 10:48 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
The problem is they come, they don't just bring their belongings, they bring their politics. When enough invade your city/state they vote in the same crap they ran from...they never seem to learn that it's their politics that are the problem.
They show up in the south Dakota subreddit whining we don't want to mask up our kids in schools and let them give gender changing hormones to their 12 year olds. Why would I want to move to an overregulated state with high taxes and insane property costs?

Old 09-21-2021, 10:54 PM

1,111 posts, read 748,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
The Census doesn’t really support this at all:

Of the states with domestic in-migration over the past decade, 7 are reliably blue, 5 are reliably red, 4 are swing states.
2010-2019... Show me what happened from 2020 to current.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:06 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
This fact alone should prove that democrat policies are objectively worse. When will they actually learn?

https://www.northamerican.com/migration-map

They moved there because it's cheap, not because of politics.

If they can make it exactly like the liberal cities but with red state prices that'd be perfect.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:10 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,580,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
2010-2019... Show me what happened from 2020 to current.
Official data is still being crunched from last year, sorta like how it takes a quarter for finance people to produce a quarterly report: https://www.census.gov/programs-surv...-schedule.html

The only other stuff I can find is clickbait articles from moving companies.

Old 09-21-2021, 11:11 PM

5,766 posts, read 11,381,748 times
I've moved many times in my life, from one side of the USA to another, and also from the USA to several other countries. Most of the time, my moves were job related. I never tried to figure out if I was moving to a place where one or the other political party had more control as the deciding factor for the move. Usually, I had no clue who was the governor or what political party had more control in another state.

In the early 1990s, I moved from San Francisco Bay Area to northern New Jersey on a job move. People in CA told me I was moving to a corrupt, polluted and crime-ridden place that would be terrible, although most had never lived in NJ or only driven along a stretch of the New Jersey Turnpike. Most of what they knew about NJ turned out to be way off track, and I enjoyed living in NJ a lot.

Same thing happened when I moved from CA to Auburn, Alabama for a job move in the late 1990s. People told me that Alabama was full of bible-thumping, poorly educated, racist rednecks and I would be miserable there. The summer heat and humidity would make me miserable. Sure, a few people fit the way-overblown stereotype, but the bulk of the people I worked with and encountered in day-to-day life were polite, pleasant, friendly and got along with their fellow citizens (of many races & backgrounds). The summer heat and humidity was sometimes grueling, but hey, with AC it was not so bad to deal with for a few months. At least there were green trees and no drought.

Only a tiny fraction of people get so worked up over politics that they uproot their entire lives to move to a place where they think they will be surrounded by like-minded people. Many times, it doesn't work out so well if politics was the main factor in their move because they are likely to be disappointed by something else in the new place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies