Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 04:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
My career is on the line by this "mandate".

I will lose my job of 28 years November 2nd if I don't get the jab.

Anyone else?

Are the Nuremberg Codes still a thing...?
You are seeking opinions from anonymous strangers, none of whom are SCOTUS Justices, as to the constitutionality of a mandate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 04:56 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
It is the same product that has been distributed and administered to millions of Americans. Giving it a brand name doesn't change that.
Well when you line up for your booster give that paperwork a good look

Old 09-22-2021, 04:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,811,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pade09jgerj View Post
But I read that is not available... (It was some bait and switch thing they did)

I dunno.........
Don't be fooled. It's the same BioNTech vaccine that was being administered. The same one that Rupert Murdoch, Trump, and Tucker got.

Old 09-22-2021, 04:59 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
A decision by the United States Supreme Court remains the Law of the Land until the Court either reverses said ruling, or Congress passes a law doing so.

In the 1905 Court decision of Jacobson v. Massachusetts, regarding a town ordinance mandating the small pox vaccination:

"The Court held that the law was a legitimate exercise of the state's police power to protect the public health and safety of its citizens. Local boards of health determined when mandatory vaccinations were needed, thus making the requirement neither unreasonable nor arbitrarily imposed."

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/197/11/

The case has not been overruled. Hence, it is still valid law. It was not specific to the law in question, so it is applicable throughout the country.

Get the shot. The needle does not hurt much.

Old 09-22-2021, 05:00 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
The government isn't mandating vaccines. I don't know why you people don't read.
Come on, counselor. You know that government is force. Don't play coy with us.

How else would you explain the upcoming OSHA regulation on businesses? And you know that if it sticks, it's not going to stay limited to 100+ employee businesses.

But even if it stays limited to 100+ employees. That's the government using its full weight to coerce business into requiring something of their employees. As a lawyer, you know what it would mean for a business owner to resist that, and the larger businesses are public, which means that they also have shareholders to answer to and those people won't want any boats rocked.

If it's not government force, explain what it is. The person being told to get stabbed or clean out their desk knows where it's coming from. You should, too.

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
The vaccine has FDA approval. It's no longer experimental any more than all the other vaccines we require people to get as a condition of attending school and so on.
FDA approved the Pfizer vaccine nearly a month ago.

Both Moderna and J&J continue under the FDA emergency use authorization.

831 posts, read 332,953 times
Quote:
My career is on the line by this "mandate".

I will lose my job of 28 years November 2nd if I don't get the jab.

Anyone else?

Are the Nuremberg Codes still a thing...?
Make them fire you, don't quit! Can you retire?

Old 09-22-2021, 05:06 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Per the links I've posted, the Pfizer vaccine is *APPROVED* for adults 16 and older. The trials are for a different age group. That doesn't make the approved vaccine experimental in the groups it has received approval for.
As I already posted, you can't get the *APPROVED* shot, because it would end the money trains for Moderna and J&J.

Same thing chemically? Ok. But they made them different legally, so legally, they're not the same thing, and legally, you still can't get the *APPROVED* shot.

Old 09-22-2021, 05:06 PM

831 posts, read 332,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Some advice to help you cope, dear. Just go to pretend world where protecting the lives and livelihoods of Americans, including your own, is the Trump-GOP plan and you can then whistle a happy tune when making your choice to inoculate or test weekly or retire.
I don't know what it is with you Biden folks but it DOES NOT MATTER to me WHO says the vaccine is safe, I ain't taking it! PERIOD.
Quote:
My employer is being threatened with massive fines by the FED.

How is this LEGAL?!?!?!?

Where is the "medical public safety" clause?

These edicts from on high, and as REPOLSIVE as they are, should come from Governors of States, not the FED!

Tell your employer to fire everyone that's vaccinated to get under the 100 employee mark.

Old 09-22-2021, 05:07 PM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times
Meanwhile, Congress and their staff are all EXEMPT from the vaccine mandate while they laugh at the little people while behind their curtain.
Twilight Zone in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies