Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 12:09 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
For the people who don't seem to grasp the concept of EUAs and how they affect acceptance/approval of drugs like ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

TLDR; The FDA commissioner ... may issue an EUA ... if he or she concludes that ... no adequate, approved, alternative medical product is available.

In other words, the moment they come out and say that ivermectin works is the moment that the river of cash flowing to Moderna and J&J gets dammed up.

Mark my words - as soon as those two receive approvals, the establishment narrative about ivermectin will change and it will be widely recognized as useful for covid.
Prediction noted. The Novavax is also coming to the US by year end though likely for EUA. It occurred to me modern politics is like professional wrestling. They have their kayfabe that they peddle which they act like they expect you to believe, but if you don't believe them and want to try your own treatments like ivermectin, that's fine, but they don't want to hear about it because in this case the EUA rules mean they have rules to follow. They have to act like they are making an effort to stop it's use, but it's mostly just for show.

Last edited by sholomar; 09-23-2021 at 12:46 PM..

Old 09-23-2021, 12:24 PM

866 posts, read 319,521 times
Quote:
I'm not angry about a vaccine. Why would you assume that?

It's the pressure to get it which is angering. It's the irrational demands from the government, the media and the public. It's comments suggesting that people who don't get it are akin to murderers, and should be treated accordingly.

When someone assumes that they're more intelligent than you because of a medical decision they made, and then berates you for the decision you made without any consideration for why you may have made that decision, it causes anger. Are you really so lacking in empathy or even just the ability to think that you can't understand even that basic, little thing about human nature?

Then there's the wholesale rejection at every official level of the very notion that there could be an effective therapy that could keep hospital resources available for the most severe cases, and eliminate the need for the shots we're being so heavily pressured to get. That makes people angry, too. So does the fact that so many people just blindly accept the utter lack of logic in that position.

I'm not angry about a vaccine. Vaccines are great. I have concerns about this particular one, mostly because they've been working on the tech for so long but it took an emergency authorization to get one on the market. Everyone should question why that's the case. Seems a little wonky, and it's not like there's no history of corruption in the relationship between our government and the pharmaceutical companies. There's legitimate reason to take a wait and see approach, especially considering that this virus isn't as dangerous as we're being led to believe. Do you have any idea how many people still believe that getting the virus is a death sentence?
Unless you are forced to get the vaccine, why get so upset? Even then, we are all "forced" to do all sorts of things every day and choose to do things with negative health implications every day.

Chill. Relax. That will almost certainly have a positive effect on your health and life. Even if you have a beer, smoke some pot or eat something unhealthy while relaxing.

Everything you mentioned that makes you angry - it's your choice to be angry. My empathy has nothing to do with your anger. Just as your implication that I can't think or don't have empathy isn't going to make me angry.

Like I've said, I'm all for every possible choice.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:30 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
So what is your problem? I won't assume.

I've made it pretty clear that I'm not against anything other that spreading bs and limiting choices.
my problem with you specifically? Absolutely none. I'm in the middle - sick of the extremes. Seems you are too, though our original "discussion" started because you pointed out only the "anti-vaxx" crowd, which is what put us briefly "at odds".

One extreme is full of distrust and clings to conspiracy theories. The other extreme trusts completely whatever the "government" tells them without questioning.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
when the EUA was issued, was #4 true?

what makes y'all conclude that when #4 isn't true anymore, that the EUA becomes void?
If there's an effective treatment, there's no emergency.

Come on, man. I gave you a link to the CDC explaining EUAs. If you want more information, go get it. Seriously. I'm not the "google it" type, but geez, there's a limit to how much of your work I'll do for you.

Quote:
why do y'all ignore that Pfizer has full FDA approval for their vax (Comirnaty) for 17 and over?
I don't ignore that. What I've explained several times here is that there's a legal distinction between the approved shot and the shot being given under the EUA, and regardless of whether it's chemically identical or not, there's a legal distinction, and the approved shot isn't being administered - only the one still operating under an EUA is. That's an overt demonstration of corruption, and supports the fact that when an approved treatment or vaccine is available, any corresponding EUAs go away.

Quote:
because while you may have now differentiated between Pfizer's and the others, yours is the first I've seen.
I don't know what this means.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:37 PM

866 posts, read 319,521 times
Quote:
my problem with you specifically? Absolutely none. I'm in the middle - sick of the extremes. Seems you are too, though our original "discussion" started because you pointed out only the "anti-vaxx" crowd, which is what put us briefly "at odds".

One extreme is full of distrust and clings to conspiracy theories. The other extreme trusts completely whatever the "government" tells them without questioning.
When/If I see someone saying we should all be forced to be vaccinated, I'll probably say something. Maybe not though because that's their opinion which is different than stating false or misleading information.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:42 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Maga institute? Really?
Did you see the link in the article that says " You can view the link to the NIH study here".?
Go look at the actual linked study by the NIH and stop virtue signaling.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:42 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Unless you are forced to get the vaccine, why get so upset? Even then, we are all "forced" to do all sorts of things every day and choose to do things with negative health implications every day.

Chill. Relax. That will almost certainly have a positive effect on your health and life. Even if you have a beer, smoke some pot or eat something unhealthy while relaxing.

Everything you mentioned that makes you angry - it's your choice to be angry. My empathy has nothing to do with your anger. Just as your implication that I can't think or don't have empathy isn't going to make me angry.

Like I've said, I'm all for every possible choice.
I don't know if you avoided my points or just didn't understand the post. Whatever. I think we're on two different wavelengths and you're simply not seeing the bigger picture with regard to where all this is going. That's ok, but I'm not going to take more time to write any more responses to you. Have a nice day.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:44 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSteak View Post
You can still catch covid but it’s not gonna knock you out.
More than half the cv patients in ICU, and those on vents in el paso are fully vaxed.

Old 09-23-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
If there's an effective treatment, there's no emergency.

Come on, man. I gave you a link to the CDC explaining EUAs. If you want more information, go get it. Seriously. I'm not the "google it" type, but geez, there's a limit to how much of your work I'll do for you.

I don't ignore that. What I've explained several times here is that there's a legal distinction between the approved shot and the shot being given under the EUA, and regardless of whether it's chemically identical or not, there's a legal distinction, and the approved shot isn't being administered - only the one still operating under an EUA is. That's an overt demonstration of corruption, and supports the fact that when an approved treatment or vaccine is available, any corresponding EUAs go away.

I don't know what this means.
I won't weave our posts together, so I'll just ask -

Foremost, you are an attorney familiar with CDC rules? Or a high-enough level government bureaucrat or pharma employee to know this?

You have some knowledge that once a treatment is found, the EUA is cancelled? You have examples?

What is the "legal distinction between the approved shot and the shot being given under the EUA"?

Old 09-23-2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
When/If I see someone saying we should all be forced to be vaccinated, I'll probably say something. Maybe not though because that's their opinion which is different than stating false or misleading information.
what do you think about this:

Quote:
Yet over 500 children have already died from Covid, as young as 2 months. Are you willing to accept personal responsibility for the death of a child? And how many children have to die before you are willing to admit that everyone, everyone needs to be vaccinated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies