Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 04:12 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

First of all, birth control is not 100%. My wife had a complete tubal, 11 years before our youngest was born.

And no MAN has a right to tell a woman that she MUST have a baby.

And anti-abortion groups are usually religion based. Religion should be kept out of laws.

Why not make men get fixed? Why is it always on the woman?

Old 09-23-2021, 04:24 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
She did not kill a child. Only prevented one from developing.
Same thing. Preventing a child from developing is killing the child.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
your claim is the one that focuses on your personal beliefs to the exclusion of science. Science doesn't define "baby", it uses zygote, embryo, fetus. So you are the flat earth science denier. And repeating your statement makes it no more true the second time than it was the first.
A zygote, embryo, fetus is a unique individual human being in its earliest stages of development. You were once a zygote, embryo, fetus.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:27 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Same thing. Preventing a child from developing is killing the child.
Faulty logic. What do you think the birth control pill does?

Old 09-23-2021, 04:35 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
A zygote, embryo, fetus is a unique individual human being in its earliest stages of development. You were once a zygote, embryo, fetus.
And the zygote, embryo, fetus does not trump the fully realized woman with the pregnancy. Her wishes trump all else.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
The bolded part is precisely what it all comes down to. What follows is a post I made on another thread, which unfortunately was closed before anyone had a chance to answer. So I'll repeat myself:

The conflict between pro-life and pro-choice people all boils down to this: When does this entity, this thing/being/cell cluster/blob, that started at the union of a sperm and egg, become a full-fledged human, deserving of all the rights a born, living, breathing human has?

To me, just as a sprouted acorn is not equivalent to an oak tree, a fertilized egg is not equivalent to a human being. No one would look at any sprouted seed and declare "There's a pumpkin!" or "There's a daisy!" because 1) that's not what it IS yet, and 2) no one looking at the sprouted seed can tell what it will one day grow to become. #2 is definitely true with a fertilized human egg (can't tell what it is by looking at it), and I believe #1 is also true (it's not yet a human being with rights.)

Now, some people do believe a fertilized egg is a full-fledged human, but that gets sticky because such people would have to be opposed to many forms of birth control, Plan B, and fertility clinics. (even the pill has a secondary mode of action which is to prevent implantation if an egg is released and fertilized).

So I would ask the OP and other prolifers here to tell me if you believe a fertilized egg = a human being.

BTW, this is not a trick question. I used to be extremely pro-life, I even did volunteer work with Right to Life, so I understand your side. But understanding how you view a fertilized egg will enable me to continue the discussion.
A fertilized human egg = a human being

Just like a fertilized eagle egg = an eagle in its earliest stages of development (and illegal to harm)

Just like a fertilized spotted owl egg = a spotted owl in its earliest stages of development (and illegal to harm)

And if that acorn was instead, a rare plant, like a saguaro cactus, or barrel cactus, it would be protected too.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:40 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
A fertilized human egg = a human being

Just like a fertilized eagle egg = an eagle in its earliest stages of development (and illegal to harm)

Just like a fertilized spotted owl egg = a spotted owl in its earliest stages of development (and illegal to harm)

Nope, not until humans are put on the endangered species list.

Chickens are plentiful, and we eat balut (partially grown baby chicken in egg).

We eat caviar and all kinds of fertilized fish eggs.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-23-2021, 04:44 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
your beliefs are just that, your belief. Not scientific fact, and not a belief you can impose on others.

Don't like abortion? Don't have one. That's it, I will keep repeating that because that is your option. NOT to impose your own opinion on others.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Faulty logic. What do you think the birth control pill does?
Which pill? If it prevents pregnancy, no problem.

Pills that kill the baby end someone's life.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
your beliefs are just that, your belief. Not scientific fact, and not a belief you can impose on others.

Don't like abortion? Don't have one. That's it, I will keep repeating that because that is your option. NOT to impose your own opinion on others.
Scientifically, human life begins at fertilization. A person is the same individual, and even has it's own unique, identifiable DNA, from zygote to embryo, to fetus, to newborn, to toddler, to teenager, to adult, to elderly. That human being is the same individual but is just in different stages of development.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies